ECT Redemption? Salvation?

Cross Reference

Cannot we say that redemption is deliverance for the purpose of becoming rightly related to God?

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/Ormly/media/PathtoThrone-ship2-2.gif.html?o=4

"Since Adam and his posterity have tasted of the tree of knowledge, this fruit has ministered to the expansion and development of the soulish powers. The soul with its independent power of free choice has taken the place of the spirit which was intended to be the animating power of man. Before there can be any true spiritual development unto full stature, there must be a radical deliverance from this wrong development of the soulish powers.

Here again, we find the divine perspective makes a difference. In his desperate need for deliverance, man is prone to forget that deliverance is only the doorway to spiritual development. The history of Israel and the Church has demonstrated how many were more interested in deliverance from (X to Y) than in development unto (Y to Z). Just to get out of bondage! Just to be free from slavery! Just to make it to heaven! This overshadowing of deliverance consciousness has warped and blighted the average church and its members into lethargy. Because their goal has been escape from sin and its penalty, they have never seen or heard of God’s calling to the full stature. Nor need we expect for much change in any life until this controlling philosophy has received a death blow and we have learned how to keep rightly related to fulfillment in the Father."
. . . DeVern Fromke

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Ephesians 1:7 [Full Chapter]
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Is that an automatic, without qualification or something that must be appropriated by faith: one's believing for it and acting upon such belief?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
OK . . Question: Is one AUTOMATICALLY reconciled to God, WITHOUT ASKING, simply because Jesus died on the cross?

yes
if
reconciled is redemption
and
that is my guess

we haven't cleared up the difference
between
redemption and salvation
so
you introduce another somewhat ambiguous term

Cross Reference

yes
if
reconciled is redemption
and
that is my guess

we haven't cleared up the difference
between
redemption and salvation
so
you introduce another somewhat ambiguous term
And I think you are lacking in comprehension skills. You simply don't know what redemption accomplished for man and God; reconciliation NOT being an automatic.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And I think you are lacking in comprehension skills. You simply don't know what redemption accomplished for man and God; reconciliation NOT being an automatic.

did you search the bible for reconciled?

Romans 5:10King James Version (KJV)

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Cross Reference

did you search the bible for reconciled?

Romans 5:10King James Version (KJV)

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

You beat me to it! NOW, re-read that passage very carefully and examine yourself to understand that you have a part to play in that reconciliation process which is to act upon it by faith unto living out the life of Christ in your members. Redemption is a provision: the means for receiving salvation. Without it there could be none for the righteous and certainly not for the ungodly.

The is Salvation: ". . this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".
John 17:3 (KJV)

No redemption, no way possible for that to happen.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You beat me to it! NOW, re-read that passage very carefully and examine yourself to understand that you have a part to play in that reconciliation process which is to act upon it by faith unto living out the life of Christ in your members. Redemption is a provision: the means for receiving salvation. Without it there could be none for the righteous and certainly not for the ungodly.

The is Salvation: ". . this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".
John 17:3 (KJV)

No redemption, no way possible for that to happen.

we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son
we were redeemed by the death of God's Son
everyone has been redeemed
everyone is not saved
there is a difference