Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. (Luke 17:2)

Be careful not to put stumbling blocks before those God is trying to reach.

You obviously live in an imaginary world and thus post imaginary responses to what is unknown to you and everyone else.

The only "stumbling block" is the revealed Truth of Jesus Christ used to trip up unbelieving hypocrites.

Different from a "millstone" that can weigh down young ones through false teaching.

Sonnet

Different from a "millstone" that can weigh down young ones through false teaching.

This you do, without doubt.
It remains false teaching because you can't substantiate it...an empress with new clothes no less - and words keep coming to you from a young voice in the crowd...

That I am not a believer is not relevant - you consider all Arminians as unbelievers:

I consider all Arminians unregenerate and remaining in the darkness of false teaching.

Sonnet

ddd581283774f1e3b83f9dd0efda84e0.jpg

Calvin and the apotheosis of his disingenuity.

Sonnet

I didn't "cite" his words. I quoted a post with a meme in it, and it was to demonstrate that you're clueless about Calvinists.

And stop insinuating I'm a Calvinist against my assertions and delineation to the contrary, manipulator and prevaricator.

Right - so you reject Calvin's words then?

lifeisgood

You obviously live in an imaginary world and thus post imaginary responses to what is unknown to you and everyone else.

The only "stumbling block" is the revealed Truth of Jesus Christ used to trip up unbelieving hypocrites.

I can see from your response that your spiritual understanding was off yesterday, the intention of my response was: Be careful not to put stumbling blocks before those God is trying to reach by, you, Nang, telling them that they are supposed to follow you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Right - so you reject Calvin's words then?

This is a ridiculous blanket question. Some of his stuff, I like. Some of his stuff, I don't like. Most of his stuff is not even what you'd think if you've never read him. He had quite a heart for truth and for people, and was burdened for lost souls in a way Arminians would never acknowledge or undertand.

Have you extensively even read Calvin? Have you read his Institutes to even know first-hand in detail what his true theological emphases were?

I have yet to encounter ANY Arminians who has actually read Calvin's Institutes, and only a handful who've ever bothered to read more than maybe an hour's worth of any of his writings.

The way you portray Calvinism indicates to me that you draw all your understanding from the TULIP model and an inverse approach to the topic by conceptualization.

Have you read Calvin?

Sonnet

This is a ridiculous blanket question. Some of his stuff, I like. Some of his stuff, I don't like. Most of his stuff is not even what you'd think if you've never read him. He had quite a heart for truth and for people, and was burdened for lost souls in a way Arminians would never acknowledge or undertand.

Have you extensively even read Calvin? Have you read his Institutes to even know first-hand in detail what his true theological emphases were?

I have yet to encounter ANY Arminians who has actually read Calvin's Institutes, and only a handful who've ever bothered to read more than maybe an hour's worth of any of his writings.

The way you portray Calvinism indicates to me that you draw all your understanding from the TULIP model and an inverse approach to the topic by conceptualization.

Have you read Calvin?

I meant the words cited.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Arminius was a student of Calvin. They all were- they condemned Saint Augustine's theology as being part of his Stoicism, and that since Calvin's theology was built on him, that it was all false doctrine.

A bunch of morons is what they are- they reproached the most important theologian who ever lived to run off to the hills spreading heresy- so called 'protestant' churches who teach free will are largely the most heretical churches that exist.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Have you read Calvin?

Critics of Calvin should read his last will and testament, for it disclosed his heart for others.

He died with very few material possessions and little wealth, but showed good stewardship, and carefully distributed what he had to others to help meet their needs. I was impressed over how humble he lived and how he thought with care for his friends.

I have read his Institutes and reference his commentaries and do not agree with all he wrote, but in the main, he was brilliant and displayed being greatly blessed and gifted by God with spiritual discernment and wisdom.

His will was recorded in a biography of his life written by Theodore Beza entitled "The Life of John Calvin."

Cross Reference

That is so much hocky puck! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Was Paul a Calvinist??

Sonnet

Arminius was a student of Calvin. They all were- they condemned Saint Augustine's theology as being part of his Stoicism, and that since Calvin's theology was built on him, that it was all false doctrine.

A bunch of morons is what they are- they reproached the most important theologian who ever lived to run off to the hills spreading heresy- so called 'protestant' churches who teach free will are largely the most heretical churches that exist.

Yet it remains the case that Calvinists on this forum have not provided a cogent rebuttal to the issues raised.

And your language is highly offensive.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Both were wrong. That's what happens when the Gentiles become overtakers rather than partakers but I guess they are ignorant brethren concerning this mystery..

Sent from my iPhone using TOL