Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

If there was a creed in the Holy Bible, I would copy it exactly and use it.

There is no creed in the Bible.

Creeds are additions to the Bible.

Sonnet

If there was a creed in the Holy Bible, I would copy it exactly and use it.

There is no creed in the Bible.

Creeds are additions to the Bible.

Creed: a formal statement of Christian beliefs

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

This is a statement with the essentials of the Gospel. It may be described as a creed.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
People go against me because what I say makes them question their beliefs.

They would rather hang onto false beliefs than believe the truth.

The problem is that you hold a number of significant beliefs that don't align with the essentials of the authentic historical Christain faith, much like United Pentecostals (and your view of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is some form of Modalism, so it begins there).

When you're in the vast minority, you've got to expect opposition. And you've got to be able to take criticism and strong resistance, even if you're not open for correction.

You consider your beliefs to be superior to those of nearly two millennia of Christendom. You don't agree with the early Patristics, the Latins, the Easterns, the Reformers, or even most modern Protestants, Evangelicals, or Charismatics.

You may not be officially affiliated, but your doctrines are very much United Pentecostal. And they're heretical in Theology Proper, Soteriology, and other areas. They can only possibly and barely be considered Christian at all, being a step more preferable than JWs, LDSers, and SDAs.

None of the authorities of the Christian faith for twenty centuries would include you within the Body. You would be anathema in any other time before this era.

God's Truth

Luke 1:46-55 is a "creed" for it is Mary's faithful and knowledgable confession of God's will and purpose.

That is called Mary's song.

So far now we have many here giving MANY creeds supposedly in the Bible.

That alone proves there is no creed in the Bible.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

This is a statement with the essentials of the Gospel. It may be described as a creed.

Yes, "gospel" is synonymous with the definition of "creed."

God's Truth

Paul is just reminding them of what he said to them.

That is not a creed.