Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nanja

Prove it then, show one scripture where God saves an unbeliever.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

These are the Justified ones whom God has reconciled even while being enemies and unbelievers, because they never had any sin imputed to them, but were laid on their Surety Heb.7:22 Christ Jesus Is. 53:6 instead of them.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

These are Blessed indeed!

~~~~~

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are you kidding? The Nineveh people had to believe and obey God before they were saved!

I can hardly believe that you miss that.

Did you notice the part where God got angry at Jonah for his lack of concern for them.

Remember Jonah finding a spot to watch the Ninivite Heathens roast?

Do you not see that Jonah from the whale was a duel picture of Jesus?

Jesus came to us as Son of God and Son of man, and Jonah was sent to the Ninivites in a way they could understand.

Also, Jonah was dead and resurrected after 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

Put on some glasses and re-read without skipping over the Scripture cited:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-reprobation&p=4755781&viewfull=1#post4755781

Plenty of verses therein. Here are some more for extra credit:

Deuteronomy 7:6-8, Deuteronomy 10:14-15, Lamentations 5:21, Isaiah 55:11, Amos 3:2, Jeremiah 1:5, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 24:22-24, Matthew 24:31, Luke 12:6-7, John 6:37-39, John 6:44, John 6:65, John 15:16, John 17:19, Acts 2:23, Acts 11:18, Acts 13:48, Acts 17:26, Acts 18:27, Romans 8:28-39, Romans 9:11-16, Romans 11:5, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, 1 Corinthians 8:3, Ephesians 1:1-14, Ephesians 2:4-10, 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, Philippians 1:29, Philippians 2:12-13, 1 Timothy 5:21, 2 Timothy 1:9-10, 2 Timothy 2:19, 2 Timothy 2:25, 1 Peter 1:1-2, 1 Peter 1:4-5, 1 Peter 1:20, 2 Peter 1:5-11

AMR

Who do you think you are deceiving?

NONE of those scriptures say God saves unbelievers.

Post a scripture and show where it says God saves unbelievers.

You are now faced with knowing your denomination is a lie.

God's Truth

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That scripture does NOT say when we were UNBELIEVERS!!!!!

As for being enemies---that is about the Gentiles who did NOT come into the covenant and obey the circumcision.

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES not having to become a Jew first and get CIRCUMCISED.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH. They did not obey those commands from God.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

These are the Justified ones whom God has reconciled even while being enemies and unbelievers, because they never had any sin imputed to them, but were laid on their Surety Heb.7:22 Christ Jesus Is. 53:6 instead of them.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

~~~~~

You have been taught wrong by false teachers.

God's Truth

AMR and Nanja are forced to look at the fact that they believe something taught to them that is NOT IN THE WORD OF GOD.

God. does. NOT. save. unbelievers.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
AMR and Nanja are forced to look at the fact that they believe something taught to them that is NOT IN THE WORD OF GOD.

One is God's point of view (perspective) ...the other, mans...either way mans perspective is limited, thus we cannot see the whole picture...Calvinism does open up one's mind to seeing things Gods way much better, IMO...

"This crown of free will is fallen from our head" and "If it be God’s purpose that saves then it is not free will." – Thomas Watson

Nanja

False!

The unbelievers God Saved has already been established in eternity:

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Unbelief is a consequence of one being in a state of rebellion against God, being an enemy of His.

The Apostle Paul is a good example of that. He was already Justified by His Surety Christ Jesus Rom. 5:9-10,
but as Saul, was in a state of rebellion against Him and in unbelief, persecuting His Church!

There is no condition anyone can meet, including his own believing, to become reconciled to God, in fact it's not even possible:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The only Believing / Faith that pleases God is a Fruit of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22 given by God in New Birth!

~~~~~

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
13592290_846823485460991_7716349246355495417_n.png

Cross Reference

Half correct. Romans 1 teaches us that all the lost have replaced the truth of God with a lie. No exceptions are made, as you are trying to import in the above. Those among the lost that believe become believers by the regenerative working of the Holy Spirit (Eze. 36:26). Regeneration first. Faith and repentance second.

AMR

Listen carefully:

People turned to God in the OT without ever being regenerated. They could not have ever been regenerated which is the reason for why they died but with a promise of it.

Regeneration required the resurrection of Jesus Christ by faith in what He did and why He did it..

God offered up Jesus. That was His part. Faith for salvation is to be from us as it was from Abraham, the father of the kind of faith by which one must believe for Christ's sake and the ultimate intention of God that it must be that way. Now you finish the rest of the story.

God's Truth

False!

The unbelievers God Saved has already been established in eternity:

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Unbelief is a consequence of one being in a state of rebellion against God, being an enemy of His.

The Apostle Paul is a good example of that. He was already Justified by His Surety Christ JesusRom. 5:9-10,
but as Saul, was in a state of rebellion against Him and in unbelief, persecuting His Church!
Apostle Paul’s conversion IS PROOF that your beliefs are FALSE.
If your beliefs are right---then Jesus would not have need to appear before Paul, for Paul would have just believed.
If your beliefs are right---then AS SOON AS PAUL BELIEVED---he would have been saved, but he was NOT.
Paul had to believe AND obey Jesus.

There is no condition anyone can meet, including his own believing, to become reconciled to God, in fact it's not even possible:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
That scripture is about THOSE WHO ONLY want to please their flesh.
You STILL have NOT given ANY scripture that says God saves unbelievers!

God's Truth

Another attempt from Namja to find scripture that says God saves unbelievers. She will never find such a scripture because it does not exist, and her Calvinistic doctrines are not from God.

God's Truth

One is God's point of view (perspective) ...the other, mans...either way mans perspective is limited, thus we cannot see the whole picture...Calvinism does open up one's mind to seeing things Gods way much better, IMO...

"This crown of free will is fallen from our head" and "If it be God’s purpose that saves then it is not free will." – Thomas Watson

You have beliefs from men and NOT from God.

God does NOT save unbelievers.

Get closer to God and believe only the Truth.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You have beliefs from men and NOT from God.

Get closer to God and believe only the Truth.
For the Arminian, salvation is possible for all but certain for none. In the Calvinist position, salvation is sure for God’s elect. —R.C. Sproul

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

God elects those who believe and obey.

I have many scriptures that prove that.

You have NO scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

What if it is our Job of Obedience to count ALL of the world as Jesus's rescued children, and Love ALL as such.

What if it were Jesus's job to judge at the final call that hasn't happened yet.

Have I disrespected the parables of Jesus by suggesting this?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

~~~~~

I agree with your scriptures!

I add that I count all elect because I believe in His choosing of us.

I employ Faith, Hope and Love as a result of grasping the precious gift of God, while knowing full well that it is His Love ALONE that allows me to do so.

I want to see the World through Jesus's eyes!

This is the continual prayer of my soul.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

God elects those who believe and obey.

I have many scriptures that prove that.

You have NO scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

No you don't, you merely think you do. If I had a nickel for every time I've shown you all wrong with each verse you 'proof texting' cherry pickers have presented, I'd be a millionaire :rolleyes:

Calvinism is a complete biblical theology, which has no contradictions in the Scriptures. That's what you all don't get- the Reformists were trained theologians in a rather explicit Christian world. What makes you think you can just throw random verses at it and expect it to suffice?

The smug attitude with you all is annoying not because it's threatening, but because of how you all believe what you believe by an interpretation that isn't good for, well, anything. Even for free will theology.
It might seem a bit harsh, but it's time to throw down the gauntlet, for real- treating Calvinism the way you all have, when you really should be venerating it, deserves no respect.

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’