Real Science Radio: The Search for Noah's Ark

Daedalean's_Sun

Good idea, nobody has done a full size operating recreation for a very good reason.

noahs-ark-vs-titanic.jpg

Lordkalvan

I think that might be an overestimation on the amount of animals on the boat.
What's your best estimate then? What evidence supports that estimate?

'7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.'

There doesn't seem to be much room for uncertainty there.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
You think I care about the stones? Man was created a day after the dinosaurs. They lived together. There is eyewitness descriptions of sauropods. Which you have read, and try to think up reasons to discredit. But sadly, you are way off.

Besides, dry your eyes. You want to go to hell, and you will. You can curse God all you want when you get there.

You're a sad, pathetic little nut.

So the drawings of the ark exist because people say they say the ark...so...since people say they saw the ark...the drawings are proof of something...because...Noah.:p

Noah's Ark stands no better chance of ever being found than the skeleton of Jesus. And no, not for the reason some of you might think.:chuckle:

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What's your best estimate then? What evidence supports that estimate?

'7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.'

There doesn't seem to be much room for uncertainty there.
I just think there is an assumption that all the animals we have today we had back then.

And then the ignoring of the fact that aquatic animals [including amphibians] didn't need to be on the ark.

How would you like to mitigate the implausibility of Noah's Ark?
Huh?

Letsargue

I just think there is an assumption that all the animals we have today we had back then.

And then the ignoring of the fact that aquatic animals [including amphibians] didn't need to be on the ark.

Huh?

With no need of but very little food, and the animals may have been very, very young; what’s their problem?? --- ( Mark 8:6-8 KJV ) ---///---

Paul – 071913

Lordkalvan

So what animals were there not then? If the fossil record is to be believed and if Earth is only 6000 years old,then the one thing we can be sure of a that there were a lot more animal species alive in the past than there are now.
And then the ignoring of the fact that aquatic animals [including amphibians] didn't need to be on the ark...
That would be a moot point. Many species of amphibia and other aquatic animals could not survive for months away from land. Some amphibians live only for a year, for example.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So what animals were there not then? If the fossil record is to be believed and if Earth is only 6000 years old,then the one thing we can be sure of a that there were a lot more animal species alive in the past than there are now.
Some died out. So what?

Why do you think Noah took two/seven of each species?

That would be a moot point. Many species of amphibia and other aquatic animals could not survive for months away from land. Some amphibians live only for a year, for example.
And God is incapable of overriding that in certain events if necessary?

Do you really think the God who created them could not counteract His design if He wanted to?

Lordkalvan

Some died out. So what?
So there would cave been more species alive in the past than there are me.
Why do you think Noah took two/seven of each species?
The verses I quoted don't seem to exclude anything.
And God is incapable of overriding that in certain events if necessary?
Feel free to invoke whatever extrabiblical miracles you need to sustain the legend, but this seems to be something you're just asking up to prop up an otherwise incredible roe.
Do you really think the God who created them could not counteract His design if He wanted to?
Your concept of God can do anything you need it to.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So there would cave been more species alive in the past than there are me.
Yeah, I got that. Did you misunderstand?

The verses I quoted don't seem to exclude anything.
The exclude that which they do not include. What do you thin a "kind" is?

Are you aware there was a fairly recent discovery that the "ancient" dog breeds actually came about in the past few hundred years?

Feel free to invoke whatever extrabiblical miracles you need to sustain the legend, but this seems to be something you're just asking up to prop up an otherwise incredible roe.
Genesis 7 states that all things on the dry land and the birds died. Which excludes those that don't live solely, or at all, on dry land. And the water was on the face of the Earth for less than a year.

The story makes it clear that only things from the dry land and birds were taken on the ark.

Your concept of God can do anything you need it to.
God can do anything He wishes to do; He cannot ever become anything other than God, however, but He would never wish to. That is the concept of God, by definition: an omnipotent being.:dunce::duh:

Daedalean's_Sun

Genesis 7 states that all things on the dry land and the birds died. Which excludes those that don't live solely, or at all, on dry land. And the water was on the face of the Earth for less than a year.

How did all freshwater and saltwater marine life survive in the same water?