Rapture Ready

Bee1

Nonsense.

You have a vivid imagination.
It true , you know nothing about thy book you so clutch so lovely to your bosom. A little googling will be your mind at ease.
The tetragrammaton (/ˌtɛtrəˈɡræmətɒn/; from Greek Τετραγράμματον, meaning "[consisting of] four letters"), יהוה‬ in Hebrew and YHWH in Latin script, is the four-letter biblical name of the God of Israel.[1][2] The books of the Torahand the rest of the Hebrew Bible (with the exception of Esther, and Song of Songs) contain this Hebrew name. Religiously observant Jews and those who follow conservative Jewish traditions do not pronounce יהוה‬, nor do they read aloud transliterated forms such as Yahweh; instead the word is substituted with a different term, whether used to address or to refer to the God of Israel. Common substitutions for Hebrew forms are hakadosh baruch hu ("The Holy One, Blessed Be He"), Adonai ("The Lord"),[3] or HaShem ("The Name").
Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
It true , you know nothing about thy book you so clutch so lovely to your bosom. A little googling will be your mind at ease.
The tetragrammaton (/ˌtɛtrəˈɡræmətɒn/; from Greek Τετραγράμματον, meaning "[consisting of] four letters"), יהוה‬ in Hebrew and YHWH in Latin script, is the four-letter biblical name of the God of Israel.[1][2] The books of the Torahand the rest of the Hebrew Bible (with the exception of Esther, and Song of Songs) contain this Hebrew name. Religiously observant Jews and those who follow conservative Jewish traditions do not pronounce יהוה‬, nor do they read aloud transliterated forms such as Yahweh; instead the word is substituted with a different term, whether used to address or to refer to the God of Israel. Common substitutions for Hebrew forms are hakadosh baruch hu ("The Holy One, Blessed Be He"), Adonai ("The Lord"),[3] or HaShem ("The Name").
Aren't you special?

Bee1

Aren't you special?
And this

Some time after the destruction of Solomon's Temple, the spoken use of God's name as it was written ceased among the people, even though knowledge of the pronunciation was perpetuated in rabbinic schools.[14] The Talmud relays this occurred after the death of Simeon the Just (either Simon I or his great-great-grandson Simon II).[88] Philo calls it ineffable, and says that it is lawful for those only whose ears and tongues are purified by wisdom to hear and utter it in a holy place (that is, for priests in the Temple). In another passage, commenting on Lev. xxiv. 15 seq.: "If any one, I do not say should blasphemeagainst the Lord of men and gods, but should even dare to utter his name unseasonably, let him expect the penalty of death."[14]

Rabbinic sources suggest that the name of God was pronounced only once a year, by the high priest, on the Day of Atonement.[89]Others, including Maimonides,[90] claim that the name was pronounced daily in the liturgyof the Temple in the priestly benediction of worshippers .

Right Divider

Body part
And this

Some time after the destruction of Solomon's Temple, the spoken use of God's name as it was written ceased among the people, even though knowledge of the pronunciation was perpetuated in rabbinic schools.[14] The Talmud relays this occurred after the death of Simeon the Just (either Simon I or his great-great-grandson Simon II).[88] Philo calls it ineffable, and says that it is lawful for those only whose ears and tongues are purified by wisdom to hear and utter it in a holy place (that is, for priests in the Temple). In another passage, commenting on Lev. xxiv. 15 seq.: "If any one, I do not say should blasphemeagainst the Lord of men and gods, but should even dare to utter his name unseasonably, let him expect the penalty of death."[14]

Rabbinic sources suggest that the name of God was pronounced only once a year, by the high priest, on the Day of Atonement.[89]Others, including Maimonides,[90] claim that the name was pronounced daily in the liturgyof the Temple in the priestly benediction of worshippers .

Nothing that you've posted has anything to do with my post that you replied to or the OP.

Interplanner

RD wrote:
Israel was always promised an earthly kingdom and a land. These promises were never rescinded. But God had another "thing" that He had planned all along and THAT is what He is doing today. This dispensation of His grace will not last forever and there will be a time when Israel is restored.

Rom 11:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)

There is no NT validation of such a promise, and Heb 11 says the land was not it, anyway. Rom 11 is Paul spurring fellow Jews to be missionaries. If they would become missionaries, so much more would get done. That's why there is no endorsement of the race in the late parts of 11, why the 'mercies' of God is the Gospel for both Jew and Gentile, and why 12's 'tranform your minds' is to change from race thinking to those whom God has shown mercy, not just your race.

All this is in a letter where the Jewish Christians returning to Rome after Claudius eviction in Acts 18, doubted the Gentile Christians amounted to very much.

Don't 'just believe' until you have settled the information and facts.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no NT validation of such a promise, and Heb 11 says the land was not it, anyway.
  • As your deaf ears have been told MANY times, no reconfirmation is needed.... you need to PROVE cancellation.
  • Hebrews is all about Israel and that is very easy to see, except for blind folks like you.
Rom 11 is Paul spurring fellow Jews to be missionaries. If they would become missionaries, so much more would get done. That's why there is no endorsement of the race in the late parts of 11, why the 'mercies' of God is the Gospel for both Jew and Gentile, and why 12's 'tranform your minds' is to change from race thinking to those whom God has shown mercy, not just your race.
Just continue to ignore that facts, fiction writer.

Romans 11 could NOT be more CLEAR about the future restoration of Israel.

Rom 11:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (11:13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (11:14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. (11:15) For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

What shall the receiving of THEM be?

You do not understand the mystery that Paul speaks of here:

Rom 11:25-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:25) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (11:26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: (11:27) For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (11:28) As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes. (11:29) For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

God is not done with His plans for Israel. Their blindness is temporary. This dispensation of His grace is temporary.

All this is in a letter where the Jewish Christians returning to Rome after Claudius eviction in Acts 18, doubted the Gentile Christians amounted to very much.

Don't 'just believe' until you have settled the information and facts.
:french: You are the great ironist of TOL.

Interplanner

RD:
As your deaf ears have been told MANY times, no reconfirmation is needed.... you need to PROVE cancellation.
Hebrews is all about Israel and that is very easy to see, except for blind folks like you.

sorry, no can do. How is that the place is about to be obliterated, and NOT ONCE is there any discussion or explanation that 'it will all come back.' And what good would that be for 1st century people anyway? That was the destructible kingdom and it was. We belong to the indestructible, celebrated in Heb 12:22+. Meaning, it never was about the race/state.

Get up to speed with "Hebrews."

You don't need to use color crayons on 'the gifts and calling.' Paul meant that it was fulfilled in Christ, like everything else. He was affirming that, not pointing to a delayed fulfillment of no use to those listening. I don't know any place where Paul spoke of these things to make some generation X000 in the future tickled, and neglected the people he was speaking to. It never sounds that way, see for yourself.

Interplanner

RD:
But God had another "thing" that He had planned all along and THAT is what He is doing today.

You're on to something, but you only need it to match Heb 11:39, 40. Only with us would people be saved. That 'only' applies as much to the future as to the past.

The mentality of Paul in Gal 3 is that the original mission to the nations is what was always planned, and training the people of Abraham to be missionaries in that is what he wanted to happen. He would send another Moses, about the reality, not the shadow.

Jerry Shugart

Hebrews is all about Israel and that is very easy to see, except for blind folks like you.

The book of Hebrews is written to members of the Body of Christ. We can see that the Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13) and there is no evidence that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body but not all of them were.

Or perhaps you have some evidence?

Right Divider

Body part
The book of Hebrews is written to members of the Body of Christ. We can see that the Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13) and there is no evidence that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body but not all of them were.

Hebrews (even the NAME tells you something that you ignore) is completely saturated with ISRAEL and their future salvation in their kingdom.

The body of Christ has no earthly inheritance; Israel does.

The very first verse talks about the fathers (of Israel) and the prophets (of Israel).

It talks about the SAME future salvation that Peter does in his first epistle:

1Pet 1:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The book of Hebrews is written to members of the Body of Christ.

So why is the title "To Hebrews" instead of "Body of Christ" or "Christians"?

I'm not Hebrew, I'm a Christian.

We can see that the Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13) and there is no evidence that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body but not all of them were.

When were the Gentiles grafted into the Body of Christ?

Interplanner

When were the Gentiles grafted into the Body of Christ?

Because there is another Israel to be aware of, and because the NT does not show any interest in the race/state as such. Only as individuals help in the mission of Christ.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Welcome back, and thanks for the video.

I hold that this Mystery age is a sign-less one, but I'll look at that video anyway - even a stopped clock is right twice a day; just as even a stopped calendar is right every eleven years.

Rom. 5:6-8.
Thanks Danoh. Nice to be back. :cloud9: I agree—signs aren’t for us. :straight: They are for the Jews.
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
Nevertheless—interesting times. :think:

I think we’ll know (1 Thess 5:4); but they’ll be a bit behind the curve (Mt 24:44). :freak: I have not had any confirmations; personally, but I expect one soon.
impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Danoh

Thanks Danoh. Nice to be back. :cloud9: I agree—signs aren’t for us. :straight: They are for the Jews.
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
Nevertheless—interesting times. :think:

I think we’ll know (1 Thess 5:4); but they’ll be a bit behind the curve (Mt 24:44). :freak: I have not had any confirmations; personally, but I expect one soon.
impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

You're welcome.

And consider that 1 Thessalonians 5:4 is in light of the Body's being gone by then.

Read the entire epistle: as with 2 Thessalonians; they had ended up confused regarding the context and timing of those things.

Rom. 14:5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Jerry Shugart

The body of Christ has no earthly inheritance; Israel does.

So do you think that those in the Body of Christ will not be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up the Messianic kingdom despite what Paul wrote here?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"
(1 Thess.4:17).​

Jerry Shugart

You are not Timothy so according to your reasoning neither 1 Timothy nor 2 Timothy is for you!

If you knew anything about the fact that Paul tells Christians that they have been raised up together with Christ and now sit together with Him in heavenly places then you would know that that is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of here:

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23. To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect" (Heb.12:22-23).​

That is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of when he wrote the following:

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus"
(Heb.3:1).​