Randy Brown and Brian Rohrbough Expose Columbine Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
CabinetMaker did my PMs make sense? Call in next week! Tell them you are on TOL!

www.kgov.com

Yes, they made sense. I plan to call in but not till Thursday or Friday as I will be out of town early in the week.

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:
Yes, they made sense. I plan to call in but not till Thursday or Friday as I will be out of town early in the week. (bettcha' can't :bannana: )
That's OK... Bob will be out of town for the rest of the month.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
That's OK... Bob will be out of town for the rest of the month.

Schimei, sorry about the bannanna. I did not mean that for you but as a challange for Nineveh.

fool

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Why hide the fact? If CM is an idiot, perhaps s/he should be told so they may change it, unless of course s/he likes being an idiot, in which case s/he should be proud others can tell right away they are indeed an idiot.
Do you walk up to every retarded person you see and say "You're retarded"?
If they keep talking to you as you walk away and follow you do you say "You're retarded"?
On topic;
If I was a church member and my children went off the scope and did what is being talked about here I would think that I would need to talk to my Minister big time. I don't think it follows that if there are alot of families that need counciling that the families of the perpetrators would count any less. I think the parents of those boys were as suprised as anyone. Having said that I'll say that they should have picked up on an operation of that scale. But does your kid becoming a mass murderer mean you are beyond redemption?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
CabinetMaker said:
Okay Nineveh, now you too have called me and idiot and made no effort to support that rebuke.

Actually if you follow along with my part of the convo, no, I haven't.

If you are going to call me and idiot, support it. (bettcha' can't :bannana: )

No, I can't in good conscience call you an idiot, as I haven't read all of your posts on this thread. At this point I can however call you ignorant, as you seem to have either ignored or can not comprehend what I have actually said, and that has left you without understanding.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
fool said:
Do you walk up to every retarded person you see and say "You're retarded"?
If they keep talking to you as you walk away and follow you do you say "You're retarded"?

Are you of the mind a retarded person has control over their mental capacity?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
fool said:
Yes.
Retarded means slowed down, not vacant.

I don't believe a 30 year old with the mental capacity of a 5 year old has any control over that. Edit to add: The point of rebuke is to effect change.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Actually if you follow along with my part of the convo, no, I haven't.

No, I can't in good conscience call you an idiot, as I haven't read all of your posts on this thread. At this point I can however call you ignorant, as you seem to have either ignored or can not comprehend what I have actually said, and that has left you without understanding.

Point taken. In looking back at your part you seem to be saying that it is perfectly okay to call somebody an idiot if they deserve it.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
As to point A, instead of more deserving of compassion, the question is are they deserving of any compassion. Not long after the tragedy a group, I forget exactly who, planted 15 trees, one for each family who lost somebody that day. A couple of people showed up the day the trees were dedicated to the families and cut down two of the trees. I always found that to be a particularly cruel act. It implied that two families were undeserving of compassion. The same two families that we think deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation Christ determined that they were worth dieing for.

As to point B, no I don't have any evidence for either point. What I find interesting is the attitude that fellow Christians on this site have towards the families. Just two posts up from this koban clearly states that the Harris and Kleebold families do not deserve forgiveness. Why?

From my newspaper clipping collection 1999.

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
From my newspaper clipping collection 1999.

That was the story I remembered. The Church made it plane that the trres were for the families, not the killers. The people who cut the trees down said the trees were for Dylan and Eric.

The article points out that the Harris and Kleebold families were not contacted to see if they even wanted to be included.

Anyway, I think the Westboro Church is a Church where God is active. They understood that 15 families (and many more when you include the injured) were victimized that day and at least made an attempt to reach out.

This is bound to get me in trouble after all that has gone before in this thread but, oddly enough, I don't balme the parents for cutting down the trees. The greif of losing a child is one I hope and pray to never suffer.

Finally, it would seem that Westboro belives that Christians do have a responseability to show to compassion to those in need.

Now what do we do to fix the system?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:
That was the story I remembered. The Church made it plane that the trres were for the families, not the killers. The people who cut the trees down said the trees were for Dylan and Eric.

The article points out that the Harris and Kleebold families were not contacted to see if they even wanted to be included.

Anyway, I think the West Bowles Community Church is a Church where God is active. They understood that 15 families (and many more when you include the injured) were victimized that day and at least made an attempt to reach out.

This is bound to get me in trouble after all that has gone before in this thread but, oddly enough, I don't balme the parents for cutting down the trees. The greif of losing a child is one I hope and pray to never suffer.

Finally, it would seem that Westboro belives that Christians do have a responseability to show to compassion to those in need.

Now what do we do to fix the system?

They showed NO compassion for the families of the 13 murder victims!
The thing that you need to understand is that the families of the murdered victims made it known to the Westboro Church, before the trees were planted that any sort of monument to 15 "victims" would offend them and cause them further pain. The Westboro Church could have done any number of other things to show compassion for the Harris and Kleebold families. They could have flooded those families with flowers, cards and letters that said "we are sorry for your loss. They could have brought them meals and asked them what else can we do to help? They could have offered to pay for grief counselors to help them through the tragedy. Instead the went ahead with their original idea to memorialize 15 "victims". They might as well have put two of the trees on a hill overlooking the other 13 trees. They could even get together April, 20 of every year and urinate on the 13 trees below while they are at it!.

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
The last paragraph of that article is just sick. Hypocritical holier than thou love.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
They showed NO compassion for the families of the 13 murder victims!

Your reference to they is unclear. If by they you mean Eric and Dylan then I agree. Ifby they you mean the families of the Eric and Dylan, I disagree.

Re-read the first paragraph of the article. The trees were planted for the families of people killed that day.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Your reference to they is unclear. If by they you mean Eric and Dylan then I agree. Ifby they you mean the families of the Eric and Dylan, I disagree.

Re-read the first paragraph of the article. The trees were planted for the families of people killed that day.

How do 15 trees and 15 crosses represent 15 families? They clearly represent the 15 people who died that day. Saying anything else is a cop out and maybe a realization that you screwed up, so you now must cover your tracks.

13 people were murdered and 2 were murderers. You never honor the murderers especially along with their victims. It is just plain sick! Why Christians can not understand this is beyond me. The "nicer than God" teaching has turned many Christian's minds to mush.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
How do 15 trees and 15 crosses represent 15 families? They clearly represent the 15 people who died that day. Saying anything else is a cop out and maybe a realization that you screwed up, so you now must cover your tracks.

13 people were murdered and 2 were murderers. You never honor the murderers especially along with their victims. It is just plain sick! Why Christians can not understand this is beyond me. The "nicer than God" teaching has turned many Christian's minds to mush.

Check out paragraphs 1, 4, 13, 25, 29 and 30. Doesn't seem as clear as you make it sound. No need to cover any of my tracks.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Check out paragraphs 1, 4, 13, 25, 29 and 30. Doesn't seem as clear as you make it sound. No need to cover any of my tracks.

I said maybe they wanted to cover their tracks. I don't what the pastor was thinking.

I believe the story behind the story is that the pastor was asked not to display 15 trees. Some of the victim’s families were told that this would not happen. Then they turn around and there it was, 15 trees.

One of the shows at www.kgov.com I think has this story if anyone knows which show it was?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:

I am saying that the leadership of the West Bowles Community Church showed No compassion for the families of the 13 murder victims when they planted 15 trees after promising the families of the murder victims that they (West Bowles Community Church) would do nothing in honor of "15 victims"! If they or anyone else wanted to show compassion for the murderers families they should have found a way that did not dishonor the memory of the 13 innocent!

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
I am saying that the leadership of the Westboro Church showed No compassion for the families of the 13 murder victims when they planted 15 trees after promising the families of the murder victims that they (the Westboro Church) would do nothing in honor of "15 victims"! If they or anyone else wanted to show compassion for the murderers families they should have found a way that did not dishonor the memory of the 13 innocent!
Agreed

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker
You commited a fairly serious typo which I repeated a couple of times. The Westboro Church is the Baptist church led by that nut job Fred Phelps who has been on the news for protesting at funerals.

Status
Not open for further replies.