Rand Paul's Speech on Saudi Arabia Arms Deal

Foxfire

The trappings of war are America's #1 export.

For the first time in American history, we have an entire generation who have never known an America NOT at war.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not everyone wants to listen to a Libertarian for 23 minutes, does his speech come in text form? (BTW,: I spoke out against the arms deal shortly after Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A few good lines:

Rand Paul: "We think everything's about us and we never acknowledge that maybe some of it's about the regional politics. So when we give weapons or sell weapons to Saudi Arabia, there will be for every action a reaction. There will be significantly more pressure for Iran to come forward and have more weapons."

Paul says we wonder about why we have terrorism: "Some of it is blowback against policy."

From an Afghan: "You have all the watches but we have all the time."

From Rand Paul: "... we the United States should no longer be fueling the arms race in the Middle East, it's come to no good..."

From me: The West, through colonialization, empire-building, oil seeking and power-broking has done irreparable damage to the stability of the Middle East. "Blowback" indeed.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A few good lines:

...Paul says we wonder about why we have terrorism: "Some of it is blowback against policy."

...From me: The West, through colonialization, empire-building, oil seeking and power-broking has done irreparable damage to the stability of the Middle East. "Blowback" indeed.

If "some" of the terrorism throughout the world by Islam is blowback due to foreign intervention, can we all agree that the rest of it would be due to what the Koran says:

violentkoranictexts2-300x300.jpg

http://freethoughtnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/violentkoranictexts2-300x300.jpg

drbrumley

Not everyone wants to listen to a Libertarian for 23 minutes, does his speech come in text form? (BTW,: I spoke out against the arms deal shortly after Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia).

And not everyone wants to read an American Taliban for any amount of time

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
From me: The West, through colonialization, empire-building, oil seeking and power-broking has done irreparable damage to the stability of the Middle East. "Blowback" indeed.
You don't seem to appreciate the great history of this country, we were a colony. We fought a Revolution and a Civil War, we fought Natives for 300 years, bad things happened from both sides. World War I & II - most who died were white. It sounds to me that you feel guilty about "the West" and you don't like it here.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And not everyone wants to read an American Taliban for any amount of time

After the overthrow of the pro west/pro American Shah of Iran by Ayatollah Khomeini, do you think he murdered 30,000 of his own people (many of them children), because of "US intervention"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ni-fatwa-led-to-killing-of-30000-in-Iran.html

Perhaps these Muslim barbarians just love to murder and it isn't due to "US imperialism" like Senator Paul and his daddy have been saying for years.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You don't seem to appreciate the great history of this country, we were a colony. We fought a Revolution and a Civil War, we fought Natives for 300 years, bad things happened from both sides. World War I & II - most who died were white. It sounds to me that you feel guilty about "the West" and you don't like it here.

You have a habit of trying to tell me how I feel.

I love my state and I love my country, but we've made and continue to make plenty of mistakes.

We didn't "fight natives" so much as we took their land, their food, and their culture, forcing them to dress and behave like us, forcing them out of their homes, many of them dying along the way - old people, women, children... so we could advance our "manifest destiny."

We fought a revolution, yes - against what, Patrick? The colonizers.

Why does it matter to you that those who died in the World Wars were mostly "white?" What does that have to do with what we're talking about here?

drbrumley

After the overthrow of the pro west/pro American Shah of Iran by Ayatollah Khomeini, do you think he murdered 30,000 of his own people (many of them children), because of "US intervention"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ni-fatwa-led-to-killing-of-30000-in-Iran.html

Perhaps these Muslim barbarians just love to murder and it isn't due to "US imperialism" like Senator Paul and his daddy have been saying for years.

Your naivety is astounding sometimes...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The trappings of war are America's #1 export.

For the first time in American history, we have an entire generation who have never known an America NOT at war.
Is that because we're invading and attacking countries, or is it because of the world we live in? Remember 9/11?

Foxfire

Is that because we're invading and attacking countries, or is it because of the world we live in? Remember 9/11?

Arms sales and associated war trappings were America's #1 export well before 9/11, so I'd guess it's pretty much the former.