Racism

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And yes, in the right context, the N word can be non-offensive. I have certain friends, whom I can safely call "pendejo", but doing it in the wrong company would pretty much guarantee a slugfest.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
From now on I’m going to let my black friends know that if they use the n word the forfeit their right to call me racist for using it too. Cause if they do then they are being racist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
a56adeca0c4a56c749a848eedd6c7dde.jpg

I believe that in order for Americans to graduate from racism that blacks need to let whites use the n word.

N***** - is a racial slur usually directed at black people
- word originated as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("black")
- often used derogatorily, and by the mid-twentieth century, particularly in the United States, its usage became a racist insult
- began to disappear from popular culture, and its continued inclusion in classic works of literature has sparked controversy
Throughout most of America's history, "whites" did have social permission to use the "n****" term, and it was invariably used in a derogatory, racial manner!

"Whites" and "blacks" have never received the same advantages from living in American society - using the "n*****" word serves no useful purpose and merely reinforces those racial stereotypes from the "bad old days!"

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
a56adeca0c4a56c749a848eedd6c7dde.jpg

N***** - is a racial slur usually directed at black people
- word originated as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("black")
- often used derogatorily, and by the mid-twentieth century, particularly in the United States, its usage became a racist insult
- began to disappear from popular culture, and its continued inclusion in classic works of literature has sparked controversy
Throughout most of America's history, "whites" did have social permission to use the "n****" term, and it was invariably used in a derogatory, racial manner!

"Whites" and "blacks" have never received the same advantages from living in American society - using the "n*****" word serves no useful purpose and merely reinforces those racial stereotypes from the "bad old days!"

Nelson Mandela was a fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
nelson-mandela.jpg

The fool has said in his heart there is no God - Mandela

Nelson Mandela Legacy: His Religion Christian Faith, the Bedrock of His Extraordinary Life
Dec 05, 2013

Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first African president and anti-apartheid icon who was jailed 27 years in prison, led his country to democracy through peaceful protests, died Thursday. His speech and actions embodied the principles of his Christian faith - forgiveness and reconciliation.

"Madiba is considered by many as the father of the nation. He modelled firm confrontation with evil and injustice, and magnanimity in his triumph over those who sought his destruction. His passing calls to mind the prophetic tradition of Micah that says: "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)"
- Rev. Moss Ntlha, General Secretary of the Evangelical Alliance of South Africa (TEASA)

"The life of Madiba is yet another proof and reminder about the origin, nature and commonality of the human species; created in the image of God with ability to reflect some of God's attributes though vainly because of finitude, fallenness with feet of clay; regardless of race or geographical location. Heartfelt condolences to immediate family members and the people of South Africa. May his exemplary leadership inspire African leaders."
- Rev. Aiah Foday-Khabenje, the General Secretary of the Association of Evangelicals in Africa (AEA

Mandela has been a Methodist Christian and has consistently proclaimed his commitment to Christ as his Lord throughout his adult life. His fight against racial inequality as well as leadership in reconciling the white South Africans, Afrikaners, with the black South Africans have reflected the ideals of Christian principles of justice, forgiveness and reconciliation, forming the bedrock for his political and social motivations.

In his autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom, Mandela tells the story of his early engagement with Christianity. "The Church was as concerned with this world as the next: I saw that virtually all of the achievements of Africans seemed to have come about through the missionary work of the Church." As a result, Mandela became a member of the Students Christian Association and taught Bible classes on Sundays in nearby villages.

A few weeks before he was elected South Africa's president, Mandela gave a speech at the Zionist Christian Church Easter conference on 3 April 1994.After reading the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12), he began by praising God for "The Good News borne by our risen Messiah who chose not one race, who chose not one country, who chose not one language, who chose not one tribe, who chose all of humankind!"
- "Each Easter marks the rebirth of our faith. It marks the victory of our risen Savior over the torture of the cross and the grave. Our Messiah, who came to us in the form of a mortal man, but who by his suffering and crucifixion attained immortality."

In another speech at the church's Easter Conference, Mandela said:
"May Peace be with you!
We have joined you this Easter in an act of solidarity, and in an act of worship. We have come, like all the other pilgrims, to join in an act of renewal and rededication. The festival of Easter, which is so closely linked with the festival of the Passover, marks the rebirth of the resurrected Messiah,
Who without arms,
Without soldiers,
Without police and covert special forces,
Without hit squads or bands of vigilantes,
Overcame the mightiest state during his time.
This great festival of rejoicing marks the victory of the forces of life over death, of hope over despair.
We pray with you for the blessings of peace! We pray with you for the blessings of love! We pray with you for the blessings of freedom!"
- Nelson Mandela

http://www.gospelherald.com/article...ith-the-bedrock-of-his-extraordinary-life.htm

This doesn't appear to be the same Nelson Mandela that "intojoy" would have us accept doesn't believe in God!

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Whites *can* use the n word in the same respect that the can use other crude, derogatory, and explicit words. The relevant question is ... why would they want to?

The relevant question is: Why is there a racial divide on who can use it and who cannot. That is the ultimate racism and it comes from your ilk. Blacks use it all the time in music, movies and other media, but for all others its a hate word that has to be bleeped out.

Of course I don't expect you and your kind to cop to your own hypocrisy.

Speaking for myself, its not I word I care to use, but I will use it just because you people say I can't.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Speaking of this topic: Exactly what is racism anyways? The word has been used so much and with such wild abandon I am wondering if it means anything at all anymore.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
People know what it is, even people who pretend to be confused about it. And while a person should be legally able to use racist terms as desired, such a person should not whine if there are social consequences for it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's just because you're a fragile, entitled cracker who doesn't know the difference between a slur and mild slang.

Explain to us all, where the word 'Cracker' originated and what it really means? In other words, educate us, please? Although, I realize anybody can Google the answer, I just want to see you explain it in your own words, if you please?

rexlunae

Explain to us all, where the word 'Cracker' originated and what it really means?

It's a slang, sometimes pejorative term for white people, particularly poor white people.

In other words, educate us, please?

They don't have Wikipedia in Crackertown?

Although, I realize anybody can Google the answer, I just want to see you explain it in your own words, if you please?

See also: Honky.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Jerry, how about just not calling anyone, anything they find offensive? It's not a new idea. It's called "manners."

Use manners. Those who don't? Have pity on those people. Life is probably not very good for them.

Why do the politically correct not follow your advice?

Because in your politically-correct thinking, calling racial slurs is a positive thing.