ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

turbosixx

If "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news, the Catholics and many others who believe that SHOULD be saved.
This is your viewpoint which does not agree with what I read in the bible.

The author of our salvation said those who believe AND are baptized shall be saved.
He also instructed how to make a Christian, which agrees with the above.
Those who believed did what Jesus instructed to become a Christian.

No one ever said "all" you have to do is believe.

God's Truth

More evasion, not answering the question-You asserted that Peter preached "the gospel."

Back it up, and address:

Did Peter preach the death, resurrection, before it occurred? Chapter, verse.

Can one be saved, by denying that Christ rose from the dead?

You didn't see the post I already gave telling you?

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus died and rose again IN THE TIME OF THE FOUR GOSPEL BOOKS.

We know that, moron. Irrelevant. Answer the question, in defense of your argument:

Given the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, to wit, the foundation being....

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

-denying that Christ rose from the dead?

-not knowing that Christ rose from the dead?

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't see the post I already gave telling you?

Continual non responsive-evasion.

Given the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, to wit, the foundation being....

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

-denying that Christ rose from the dead.

-not knowing that Christ rose from the dead

popsthebuilder

Evasion:

Of course they could.

They would simply need to understand that the Spirit of GOD, the same Spirit that dwells within the anointed of GOD, is eternal.

Knowing that the Holy Temple is the Body of CHRIST and not GOD almighty in and of itself also helps to grasp that the body or temple or vessel can be destroyed, and raised back up by the eternal will of the One Spirit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

musterion

This is your viewpoint which does not agree with what I read in the bible.

The author of our salvation said those who believe AND are baptized shall be saved.
He also instructed how to make a Christian, which agrees with the above.
Those who believed did what Jesus instructed to become a Christian.

No one ever said "all" you have to do is believe.

Then if believing the good news "Jesus is the Christ" isn't enough to save, it isn't THE good news.

If you're going to be consistent, what you need to say is, "Believe AND be baptized and you shall be saved" is THE good news.

Except Catholics believe that too.

turbosixx

Then if believing the good news "Jesus is the Christ" isn't enough to save, it isn't THE good news.

If you're going to be consistent, what you need to say is, "Believe AND be baptized and you shall be saved" is THE good news.

Except Catholics believe that too.

Sorry I didn't say "believe and be baptized" but the way I view it, if someone doesn't get baptized they either didn't believe or were not taught the true gospel.

Catholics do not believe and then get baptized, they get baptized before they can believe anything. No instruction or example of a baby being baptized.

turbosixx

You are still not being clear on what THE good news is.
The good news is that Jesus is the Christ. Our response to that is what determines if we receive the gift of salvation or not.

What response do you recommend to someone who asks what they must do to be saved?

What would you tell someone who asked you what they must do to be saved? Do you even know?

The same thing Paul taught the jailer and they should respond as the jailer did because that is how Jesus instructed to make a Christian.

God's Truth

We know that, moron. Irrelevant. Answer the question, in defense of your argument:

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

-denying that Christ rose from the dead?

Jesus said to believe in him, to have faith in him, and that he would raise himself from the dead, and then after he rose, people believed.

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

-not knowing that Christ rose from the dead?

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Jesus did and he taught his apostles.

God's Truth

Evasion:

Jesus preached it.

Even Jesus' enemies knew that he said he would rise again.

You are so desperate.

You can run but you can't hide.

musterion

The good news is that Jesus is the Christ. Our response to that is what determines if we receive the gift of salvation or not.

But you said the fact that He IS Christ is the good news

What response do you recommend to someone who asks what they must do to be saved?

The same thing Paul taught the jailer and they should respond as the jailer did because that is how Jesus instructed to make a Christian.

So the good news, practically speaking, is to believe in Christ?

Believe on Him for what? Just that He is Christ? That's what you said before.

To be saved, exactly what info must be believed as THE good news that saves?

Narrow it down for us.

turbosixx

But you said the fact that He IS Christ is the good news

So the good news, practically speaking, is to believe in Christ?

Believe on Him for what? Just that He is Christ? That's what you said before.

To be saved, exactly what info must be believed as THE good news that saves?

Narrow it down for us.

Have you not read the conversions? What did Paul teach people when he converted them? How did they respond to his message? Don't take my word for it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus said to believe in him, to have faith in him, and that he would raise himself from the dead, and then after he rose, people believed.

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Jesus did and he taught his apostles.

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

john w

Hall of Fame

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

The troll will not address it's argument, as it continues to evade simple, "Yes or No" questions, the topic of the thread.

And the TOL audience again witnesses the MO of this troll, ever since it littered this site by its presence, years ago-evasion, dishonesty, sophistry, hypocrisy, lying, deceit, changing the subject, moving the goal posts, "LOL," after "LOL" and then.................

depositphotos_14002958-Cartoon-Football-Kicker.jpg

God's Truth

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

There you go again forgetting that a Last Will and Testament is made before a person dies.

Jesus and his apostles taught to believe in Jesus FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.

Can you not hear?

Believe in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus taught REPENT OF YOUR SINS.

Jesus spoke so much to the disciples that he would die and rise again even his enemies knew it.

God's Truth

Matthew 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 12:40
For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 17:23
They will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised to life." And the disciples were deeply grieved.

Matthew 20:18
"Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and scribes. They will condemn Him to death

Matthew 20:19
and will deliver Him to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. And on the third day He will be raised to life."

Matthew 28:6
He is not here; He has risen, just as He said! Come, see the place where He lay.

This is what even the enemies of Jesus knew:

Matthew 27:63
"Sir," they said, "we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said 'After three days I will rise again.'

john w

Hall of Fame
There you go again forgetting that a Last Will and Testament is made before a person dies.

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

Jesus and his apostles taught to believe in Jesus FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.

Can you not hear?

Believe in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.

We know that. Non responsive-evasion:

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

Jesus taught REPENT OF YOUR SINS.

I did not ask that.

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

Jesus spoke so much to the disciples that he would die and rise again even his enemies knew it.

When did the 12 know that "he would die and rise again?" After, or before it occurred? Did Peter preach the death, resurrection, before it occurred?

Chapter, verse.

Address the sargument, questions, troll.

God's Truth

Paul did NOT teach anything new, he taught what Jesus taught.

There is only one good news, gospel, testament, covenant.