Pro-life and Democrat

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
too bad about quip - I would have liked to have seen a response to this exchange:

...how is it that a mother's autonomy wrt caring for her child disappears at birth?

Not clear here but from what I've gathered...the child is now independent, not depedent upon the womb, umbilical cord...etc.

...certainly not independent

the newborn infant is wholly dependent on the care the mother chooses to give it...

As such, it's entitled to the full protection of the law.

...why would a child whose degree of dependence is unchanged from in utero to ex utero suddenly be entitled to the full protection of the law?

any pro-choicers out there care to address this?

Why would a child whose degree of dependence is unchanged from in utero to ex utero suddenly be entitled to the full protection of the law?

ok doser

....discarded as garbage:
aborted-fetus.gif

worth contrasting the image of that pitiful dead child with this one:
druknet-guttebarn-bodrum-tyrkia.jpg

in the case of the second image, the media ran with it for days, weeks, worldwide public outcry was enormous, political leaders were energized and forced to action

in the case of the first image?

not so much

the media is reluctant to admit the ongoing role they play in the deaths of those like the child in the first image, their complicity in promoting the view that the unborn child is unwanted garbage, their guilt in the murder of babies, in the sacrifice of innocents to the god of convenience

quip

BANNED
Banned
worth contrasting the image of that pitiful dead child with this one:
druknet-guttebarn-bodrum-tyrkia.jpg

in the case of the second image, the media ran with it for days, weeks, worldwide public outcry was enormous, political leaders were energized and forced to action

in the case of the first image?

not so much

the media is reluctant to admit the ongoing role they play in the deaths of those like the child in the first image, their complicity in promoting the view that the unborn child is unwanted garbage, their guilt in the murder of babies, in the sacrifice of innocents to the god of convenience

Ahhhh...reduced to the oft appeal to emotion...true to form, it's all y'all really get any traction from.

Keep at it..it's powerful stuff!

ok doser

quip decides to skip the posts I made that rationally and logically expose his arguments as the stuff of nonsense and his position as corrupt and evil and instead dishonestly criticize a post I made that relies on emotion:

Ahhhh...reduced to the oft appeal to emotion...

looking for another ban quip?

quip

BANNED
Banned
no appeal
Why would a child whose degree of dependence is unchanged from in utero to ex utero suddenly be entitled to the full protection of the law?
Ask the law makers :idunno: it's above my pay grade.
That said: if embryos are persons by default why the superfluous legal protections for the unborn?

looking for another ban quip?
That's one of those responses strong emotional appeals seem to elicit.
Such is life being the wet-blanket at the ToL feel-good party!

ok doser

isn't giving birth another way to terminate her pregnancy?

terminate
verb
ter·mi·nate | \ˈtər-mə-ˌnāt
\
terminated; terminating
Definition of terminate

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb

1 : to form an ending

2 : to come to an end in time

3 : to extend only to a limit (such as a point or line) especially : to reach a terminus

transitive verb

1a : to bring to an end

2 : to serve as an ending, limit, or boundary of

Uhhh no. It's....giving birth.

and so it prolongs her pregnancy? :freak:

wouldn't you agree that your position that a pregnancy is not ended by delivery is retarded?

quip

BANNED
Banned

terminate
verb
ter·mi·nate | \ˈtər-mə-ˌnāt
\
terminated; terminating
Definition of terminate

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb

1 : to form an ending

2 : to come to an end in time

3 : to extend only to a limit (such as a point or line) especially : to reach a terminus

transitive verb

1a : to bring to an end

2 : to serve as an ending, limit, or boundary of

and so it prolongs her pregnancy? :freak:

wouldn't you agree that your position that a pregnancy is prolonged by delivery is retarded?

Do you understand what fruition means?

lifeisgood

Do you understand what fruition means?

That your mom was so emotionally attached to you while in utero that she refused to let someone pull you apart piece by piece as you were not an inconvenience to her. :idunno:

I hope you thank your mom every day for being emotionally attached to you in utero and more so ex utero.

ok doser

That your mom was so emotionally attached to you while in utero that she refused to let someone pull you apart piece by piece as you were not an inconvenience to her. :idunno:

I hope you thank your mom every day for being emotionally attached to you in utero and more so ex utero.

it's difficult to avoid touching on emotion with a topic like this - not impossible, but difficult

as you can see, many of my posts to quip have not relied on emotion, but on logic, facts and reasoning

and his argument fails when confronted with those

so it's a bit specious for him to whine when I do make a post that relies on emotion, a post that once again reveals the flaws in his argument

quip

BANNED
Banned

So, the emotive tactic today is that mommy is a selfless saint who - by such high virtue - has chosen to give of herself by giving birth to life?

That's some comfy, warm 'n fuzzy rebuttal....except in those instances when she's not!

Just a touch too naive and personally idyllic for any objective, practicle use.

ok doser

as a followup, I don't quite understand the position that an argument that uses emotion is necessarily invalid - certainly if it only relies on emotion it is vulnerable to attack from reason, logic and facts

but i think it's perfectly valid to use emotion to augment reason, logic and facts in a discussion like this

and I think it's worth noting that quip does it frequently

so for him to call me on it seems more than a little dishonest

quip

BANNED
Banned
as you can see, many of my posts to quip have not relied on emotion, but on logic, facts and reasoning.

Reasoning and logic are a rather ironic positions to assert from someone who - admittedly - refuses to debate the very subject whilst posting pics in it's stead.

quip

BANNED
Banned
as a followup, I don't quite understand the position that an argument that uses emotion is necessarily invalid - certainly if it only relies on emotion it is vulnerable to attack from reason, logic and facts

but i think it's perfectly valid to use emotion to augment reason, logic and facts in a discussion like this

and I think it's worth noting that quip does it frequently

so for him to call me on it seems more than a little dishonest

Pro-life wears emotion like a worn out suit. It's their stock and trade. :idunno:

ok doser

Reasoning and logic are a rather ironic positions to assert from someone who - admittedly - refuses to debate the very subject whilst posting pics in it's stead.

well, let's take a look at your record in this thread

the following are questions you've dodged/sidestepped/ignored or otherwise refused to answer:

...would you deny that allowing people to choose whether or not to molest their children is not supportive of the practice?
too many variants of this to post:
...I was looking for "significant differences between killing a child in utero and killing a newborn"
...in what way is it virtuous, good, righteous, upright, upstanding, high-minded, principled, honorable, honest, just, noble, incorruptible, scrupulous, respectable, decent, clean-living to kill your unborn child?
If a single mother decides she's not capable of caring for another on her own, what is your justification for denying her the "capacity to choose" to terminate her infant's life?
on what basis would you deny (a woman's choice to kill/abandon/neglect her infant)?

how could you deny it without denying her autonomy?
do you believe there's any significant differences between killing a child in utero and killing a newborn?

and: how is it that a mother's autonomy wrt caring for her child disappears at birth?
why not allow the mother to choose in those 1% of cases after birth?

the woman who is raped, delivers her infant and decides weeks after that she can't bear to be reminded of the assault every day by the infant that greedily demands her total attention - why shouldn't she be allowed to make a private, subjective valuation, one commensurate with a free-willed choice and kill her child?

why would a child whose degree of dependence is unchanged from in utero to ex utero suddenly be entitled to the full protection of the law?

looks like you're a dishonest hypocrite quip :idunno:

quip

BANNED
Banned
well, let's take a look at your record in this thread

the following are questions you've dodged/sidestepped/ignored or otherwise refused to answer:

too many variants of this to post:

looks like you're a dishonest hypocrite quip :idunno:

If you'd bother to discern between the physical facts concerning abortion and your moralizing interpretation...all would be revealed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you'd bother to discern between the physical facts concerning abortion and your moralizing interpretation...all would be revealed.
Physical facts? You mean like the fact that the baby in the womb is sucking his thumb at 12 weeks? Starts moving around from 9 weeks?

Facts like those?