ECT Preterist, please give your understanding to. . . .

Interplanner

If its any help, the first two paragraphs (the line-skip disappeared) is copy from MAD.

What is so stinking hard to understand about the hidden thing? Judaism thought they were supposed to take the Law to the nations in the age of Messiah (Mt23). The Gospel was 'hidden' in the OT the whole time, and God decreed it to be known and taken by Christians. It contained the fulfilled promises to Abraham.

There is nothing difficult or convoluted about that summary, a summary of Eph 3A and Rom 16' finale.

The final paragraph is the opposite of secular. It is saying that the Gospel community that now exists, in which there is no Jew, Gentile, male, female, slave, free, educated, plain, etc, is a demonstration to the principalities and powers in the supernatural world, that Christ is the enthroned victor of the universe. Eph 3:10. It is decidedly "now, through the church..."

Cross Reference

If its any help, the first two paragraphs (the line-skip disappeared) is copy from MAD.

What is so stinking hard to understand about the hidden thing? Judaism thought they were supposed to take the Law to the nations in the age of Messiah (Mt23). The Gospel was 'hidden' in the OT the whole time, and God decreed it to be known and taken by Christians. It contained the fulfilled promises to Abraham.

There is nothing difficult or convoluted about that summary, a summary of Eph 3A and Rom 16' finale.

The final paragraph is the opposite of secular. It is saying that the Gospel community that now exists, in which there is no Jew, Gentile, male, female, slave, free, educated, plain, etc, is a demonstration to the principalities and powers in the supernatural world, that Christ is the enthroned victor of the universe. Eph 3:10. It is decidedly "now, through the church..."

I want to say "so what", but I won't. I want say "your first was as clear as mud and this as well, to abstract to be any value", but I won't. I will say, "don't ever accuse me of not being able to convey my thinking, how ever strange it reads to you" and my having "poor writing skills". Ok?

Danoh

You're as bad off as those in Judaism back then that you constantly harp against.

The only point you get right is their having concluded that righteousness was by the Law.

You certainly remain blind to the obvious that is the following...

Again, Eph. 3:10 asserts - at least in my KJB - that this mystery was now being made known by the church unto principalities and powers in heavenly places.

Of course, this is a Mid-Acts observation. Thus; you'd know nothing of it, as Mid-Acts is the first to view that passage as it is written.

This is an issue about a New Creature in the Heavenlies in Christ - it is not the issue of Israel in any, way, shape, or form [they have their destiny and its Scriptures] - that's just you and your kind assuming we're talking Acts 2 Dispensationalism [they consistently confuse God's two agencies as one, while asserting otherwise].

Two agencies/realms, to function as one household, Eph. 2:19; Eph. 3:15.

That, towards the dispensation of the fulness of times when; having reconciled both realms in one, through each of His two agencies as one household back unto Himself, He might return both realms fully reconciled, back unto the Father as one, even in Him, Eph. 1:10; 1 Cor. 15:28.

This is new to you and yours. It does not fit your endless book writers and their own relying on the errors of previous writers, all the way back to Josephus mis-reading current events of his day into the Scriptures, spiritualizing those aspects that did not fit.

This, out his ignorance that Cessationism had already reached its 100% status prior to 70AD because "that which is perfect" - had "come."

That what happened to Israel in 70AD was - not God's hand - rather, the result of His having removed His Hand, as in times past, this time; with Paul's pronouncement against Israel a few years earlier in Acts 28.

As a result, you and yours react to all this in the same exact way Israel reacted to the Son; which was basically your same "where is what you assert found in our traditions?"

Interplanner

Danoh wrote:
Of course, this is a Mid-Acts observation. Thus; you'd know nothing of it, as Mid-Acts is the first to view that passage as it is written.

This is too stupid to respond to. I have believed this item for the past 40 years.

Interplanner

Danoh wrote:
This is an issue about a New Creature in the Heavenlies in Christ - it is not the issue of Israel in any, way, shape, or form [they have their destiny and its Scriptures]

That's what 2P2P is. Israel has its destiny and (now we learn) they have their Scriptures! More things are divided than ever!

Eph 3A is that all are now one in the Gospel. Both Jew and Gentile receive the promises to the fathers in the Gospel. 1G1P1P

Interplanner

I want to say "so what", but I won't. I want say "your first was as clear as mud and this as well, to abstract to be any value", but I won't. I will say, "don't ever accuse me of not being able to convey my thinking, how ever strange it reads to you" and my having "poor writing skills". Ok?

So what? You wanted to know how I could possibly think that the Gospel was the fulfillment of Israel's promises. That's not an abstraction. You have some kind of belief about the mystery of Eph 3A but if I ask you to say or if I say what it is, you say 'so what?' A real conversation stopper.

The mystery is not the church, or the Gospel itself. It is how the promises to Israel were fulfilled; they are fulfilled in the Gospel. That message goes to the nations. Judaism thought that, in the messianic age, their law would be taken all around the world, and they would be the blessing to the nations.

Instead of doing blanket dismissals, find one question and ask it honestly and sincerely.

Cross Reference

So what? You wanted to know how I could possibly think that the Gospel was the fulfillment of Israel's promises. That's not an abstraction. You have some kind of belief about the mystery of Eph 3A but if I ask you to say or if I say what it is, you say 'so what?' A real conversation stopper.

The mystery is not the church, or the Gospel itself. It is how the promises to Israel were fulfilled; they are fulfilled in the Gospel. That message goes to the nations. Judaism thought that, in the messianic age, their law would be taken all around the world, and they would be the blessing to the nations.

Instead of doing blanket dismissals, find one question and ask it honestly and sincerely.

Ok. What is your background that you believe as you do; who are your mentors??

Danoh

Danoh wrote:

This is too stupid to respond to. I have believed this item for the past 40 years.

You sure cry out to be rebuked sharply, Titus 1:13.

No, you have not "believed this item for the past 40 years." What you have believed "about this item" is not what Paul is talking about.

This mystery that was now being made known by the church unto principalities and powers in heavenly places, Eph. 3:10, is not referring to your man made, one size fits all, notions.

You claim yourself a historian. You are nothing but a parrot of other men's supposedly sound history.

This Mystery concerns an aspect of the Cross, 1 Cor. 2:6-8, "hid in God" Eph. 3:9, until Paul, Eph. 3:3 - the defeat of those fallen principalities and powers in the Heavens, mentioned in Eph. 6:12.

And with that; the reconciling of these fallen "thrones, dominions, and powers" in Heavenly places back unto the Father through the Son, by the Spirit in a New Creature, as "fellow heirs with Christ" as His Body; that He will then fill those "thrones, dominions, and powers" with, "for all things were created by Him and for Him.

This Mystery relates details concerning that Heavenly aspect of His Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy a[Israel/the Earth] and Mystery [A new Creature in the Heavenlies]

Colossians 1:

16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Mystery is...Ephesians 3's:

6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7. Whereof I was made a minister,
according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 1:

9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

You know nothing about this.

Why? Because you reject exploring its validity because it does not fit your forty years of stupidity in the conclusions of a lost man - Josephus, and all the fools who have built your every nonsense on his "current event" notions as "oh, so that's what God meant."

You fool "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" 1 Cor. 2:14.

1 Corinthians 2:

6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

There's your boy's club - the wisdom of the princes of this world, that is your forty years of books over the Word alone you woefully spiritual moron.

Look at what the Apostle Paul said - not Josephus, not Darby, not Russell, not Stott - but the Apostle Paul:

7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Get it through your hardened heart:

8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Interplanner

I grew up in Dispensationalism. Ryrie, Pentecost, Walvoord, Kirban, Lindsey. I went to that kind of Bible college. But in my first term I heard the Australian Forum of Brinsmead and Paxton, and I heard Dr. F. Schaeffer of L'Abri. I learned that D'ism was quite a backwater built on a few sound-byte verses. Before the AF, I had never clearly heard Gal 3 or Acts 13 or 2 Cor 3-5 or Eph 2-3. Then there was Hebrews. Little sound bytes would be plucked from it, but no one was really paying attention to the major platform and beams. Melchizedek predates Aaron, etc.

There is a member here who found a 1943 paper by Schaeffer that connected prophecy with a favorable view of modern Israel, but nothing after that in his prime ministry of L'Abri and all his books. I think he realized it was an artificial use of the Bible and that it would connect him with Lindsay and all the cheap TV teachers.

The AF produced two editions of their magazine, one on eschatology in general and one on the 4 visions of Daniel that 'structure' the NT because they correspond to the synoptics, to Romans, to Hebrews and to John's gospel. Far too many questions were answered that were dangling from my youth and from the news and from the passages that D'ism avoided or about which they were tone deaf. The idea of following the NT's guidance when using the OT was completely foreign to them.

I don't think I've said anything new here. I can't think of anything else.

I found that messianic Jews who support modern Israel are extremely censorious. I notice the local Seattle am Christian station features a Jewish ministry whose banner is "the torah to the nations." Really? Do we have two missions now?

2P2P is a chapter in Ryrie from DTS and he says D'ism stands or falls on 2P2P. Indeed it does, but who wants it to stand when we have a Gospel to express? It was the AF who showed that it was specifically because the early church had a message that was "portable" (not blocked by cultural issues and snags) that it could spread so explosively and that generated the response from the secular world "See how they love each other." The secular world had never seen this, least of all from Judaism.

Finally, while in master's studies at Regent College, I learned how much of an issue the impact of the Jewish Revolt was on NT studies. It matters a lot to what Luke-Acts is saying and Luke was Paul's chronicler. It became clear that Luke was compiling material to show that Paul had nothing to do with the zealots or the general revolt brewing in Judea. I learned how to read Mt24A without the glasses of futurism, and read the questions in the normal sense, not as sources for the pop eschatology of today. Mt24A is not about today.

This is not an arbitrary approach; it is because Mt 21 set up a set of warnings about the total destruction of Israel for rejecting the mission of Messiah. One is the vineyard parable, one is the refusal of the wedding invitations (the host burns down the city of the refusers) ch 22 and then there is 'your house is desolate' in 23. This last is what prompts the disciples questions. Anyone in Judaism in the 1st century would know that the keyword 'desolate' had to do with Dan 8-9 and it was time for 9's time period to end. Caiaphas knew that. Josephus (a trained priest) knew that. That's what the disciples couldn't figure out: if they were the new rulers of Israel, why were the temple and city to be pulverized? Because he was talking about an entirely new scheme of things!

So D'ist futurism is a total disinformation effort. It misses the scheme and the passion of the NT.

Interplanner

You sure cry out to be rebuked sharply, Titus 1:13.

No, you have not "believed this item for the past 40 years." What you have believed "about this item" is not what Paul is talking about.

This mystery that was now being made known by the church unto principalities and powers in heavenly places, Eph. 3:10, is not referring to your man made, one size fits all, notions.

You claim yourself a historian. You are nothing but a parrot of other men's supposedly sound history.

This Mystery concerns an aspect of the Cross, 1 Cor. 2:6-8, "hid in God" Eph. 3:9, until Paul, Eph. 3:3 - the defeat of those fallen principalities and powers in the Heavens, mentioned in Eph. 6:12.

And with that; the reconciling of these fallen "thrones, dominions, and powers" in Heavenly places back unto the Father through the Son, by the Spirit in a New Creature, as "fellow heirs with Christ" as His Body; that He will then fill those "thrones, dominions, and powers" with, "for all things were created by Him and for Him.

This Mystery relates details concerning that Heavenly aspect of His Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy a[Israel/the Earth] and Mystery [A new Creature in the Heavenlies]

Colossians 1:

16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Mystery is...Ephesians 3's:

6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 1:

9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

You know nothing about this.

Why? Because you reject exploring its validity because it does not fit your forty years of stupidity in the conclusions of a lost man - Josephus, and all the fools who have built your every nonsense on his "current event" notions as "oh, so that's what God meant."

You fool "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" 1 Cor. 2:14.

1 Corinthians 2:

6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

There's your boy's club - the wisdom of the princes of this world, that is your forty years of books over the Word alone you woefully spiritual moron.

Look at what the Apostle Paul said - not Josephus, not Darby, not Russell, not Stott - but the Apostle Paul:

7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Get it through your hardened heart:

8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Don't tell me what I know or when, Danoh.

But for clarity's sake, you missed what I said. The mystery was not expressed to the P&Ps. It is a practical thing that is no longer a mystery, that helps the church be what it is; a community that is unified in the promises to the fathers with those in Israel who realize the same.

This unity of the church demonstrates to the P&Ps the power of God as a side effect. But the mystery was not directed at them. That is what I have known ever since first realizing how mistaken D'ism was about Eph 2-3.

You're too poor of a communicator for it to be worth responding to the rest.

Keep posts short because you just wander around in your own misunderstandings instead of trying to communicate.

Interplanner

I reread your definition of the mystery after my last post. Why can't you just say what Eph 3:5 says it is? The Gospel is how the promises to Israel are fulfilled and how the nations fellowship with Jews and inherit the same.

Danoh

I reread your definition of the mystery after my last post. Why can't you just say what Eph 3:5 says it is? The Gospel is how the promises to Israel are fulfilled and how the nations fellowship with Jews and inherit the same.

Though off in your sense of the passage, you meant 3:6.

And don't give me your nonsense about short posts - if you can put up with volume after volume of the notions of men; you should be able to tolerate the Word of God.

Ephesians 3:

4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

What Mystery concerning Christ?

That is not Galatians 3's promise. Galatians 3's promise in Christ was known.

John 8:

56. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

That is this... Mark 7:

27. But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

Then the Gentiles - and all of this was Prophesied... Matthew 12:

14. Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
15. But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16. And charged them that they should not make him known:
17. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18. Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21. And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Again, first this...Acts 3:

17. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

24. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

And with that, the following - the interruption of which was why Peter doubted the change in things he as being made privy to, in Acts 10. u

He doubted because the Prophesied order after the above, was/is, this...

8. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
11. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
13. The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

That was all Prophesied - it is not the Mystery of Christ that Paul preached.

The above is the mysteries of Israel's restored prophesied to be restoredkingdom, Acts 1: 3, 6, 7, that only the Father knows the hour of the restoration of, Rev. 10:

7. But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Interplanner

Though off in your sense of the passage, you meant 3:6.

And don't give me your nonsense about short posts - if you can put up with volume after volume of the notions of men; you should be able to tolerate the Word of God.

Ephesians 3:

4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

What Mystery concerning Christ?

That is not Galatians 3's promise. Galatians 3's promise in Christ was known.

John 8:

56. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

That is this... Mark 7:

27. But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

Then the Gentiles - and all of this was Prophesied... Matthew 12:

14. Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
15. But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16. And charged them that they should not make him known:
17. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18. Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21. And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Again, first this...Acts 3:

17. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

24. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

And with that, the following - the interruption of which was why Peter doubted the change in things he as being made privy to, in Acts 10. u

He doubted because the Prophesied order after the above, was/is, this...

8. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
11. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
13. The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

That was all Prophesied - it is not the Mystery of Christ that Paul preached.

The above is the mysteries of Israel's restored prophesied to be restoredkingdom, Acts 1: 3, 6, 7, that only the Father knows the hour of the restoration of, Rev. 10:

7. But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

I don't accept artificial compartmetnalization like Eph 3 promise is not Gal 3 promise. If Gal 3 promise was known, he wouldn't have had conflict with the Judaizers.

I didn't read any further because when you say "I have the word of God and you don't" you mean "I compartmentalize the word of God better than you"

Danoh

I don't accept artificial compartmetnalization like Eph 3 promise is not Gal 3 promise. If Gal 3 promise was known, he wouldn't have had conflict with the Judaizers.

I didn't read any further because when you say "I have the word of God and you don't" you mean "I compartmentalize the word of God better than you"

Its your "loss... the day shall declare..."

He had a conflict the Judaizers because they were now asserting the "we have Abraham as our father" argument they had argued against God's Prophesied plan and purpose; they were now asserting that against God's Mystery church.

But both churches are based on faith.

Why didn't Paul use Adam, or Job, or Noah, as his example - they too were Uncircumcision when they believed?

Because he was dealing with a similar "we have Abraham as our father, and the Law..." types who were attempting to force their "zeal of God, but not according to knowledge" on God's New Creature, Gal. 6.

Don't read my posts; they are a witness against you. Better you have ignorance to hide behind in that day.

Last edited:

Interplanner

There aren't two churches and the church was not a mystery. Paul quotes Psalms about it, and it is implied in early Genesis. It was Judaism that made the Jewish part exclusive, Gal 3:17.

The mystery was that the promises were fulfilled, and the membership in Israel gained, in the Gospel, not in 'events' or in the Law. Eph 3:6 is a lot like Gal 3:17, really. it was not the Law that was going to the nations, or fulfill the promises.