Presidential Debates

Presidential Debates

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
CNN is all for Hillary, Fox is all for Trump.
Just stick to the source that tells you what you want to hear :rolleyes:

Donald Trump Vows Retaliation as Republicans Abandon Him
OCT. 9, 2016

The Republican Party was at the brink of civil war on Sunday as Donald J. Trump signaled he would retaliate against lawmakers who withdraw their support from his campaign, and senior party leaders privately acknowledged that they now feared losing control of both houses of Congress.

Even before Mr. Trump’s second debate against Hillary Clinton, the party faced an internal rift unseen in modern times. A wave of defections from Mr. Trump’s candidacy, prompted by the revelation of a recording that showed him bragging about sexual assault, was met with boastful defiance by the Republican presidential nominee.

On Twitter, Mr. Trump attacked the Republicans fleeing his campaign as “self-righteous hypocrites” and predicted their defeat at the ballot box. In a set of talking points sent to his supporters Sunday morning, Mr. Trump’s campaign urged them to attack turncoat Republicans as “more concerned with their political future than they are about the country ...”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/us/politics/republicans-trump.html?mwrsm=GooglePlus&_r=0
Trump is facing an open revolt within his own party or are we to dismiss his threats against Republican politicians as more "locker-room" talk!

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump is facing an open revolt within his own party or are we to dismiss his threats against Republican politicians as more "locker-room" talk!

Speaking of locker rooms... The Donald is very good at changing the subject, he's the best at it, everyone knows he's a tremendous whiz at changing the subject, just tremendous. Here's how he does it:

"This was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I apologize to my family. To the American people. Certainly I’m not proud of it. But this is locker room talk. When we have a world where you have ISIS chopping off heads, where you have [ISIS] frankly drowning people in steel cages, wars and horrible, horrible sights all over, so many bad things happening. Yes, I’m very embarrassed by it. I hate it. But it’s locker room talk and it’s one of those things. I'm going to knock the hell out of ISIS. We’re going to defeat ISIS."

Arthur Brain

Speaking of locker rooms... The Donald is very good at changing the subject, he's the best at it, everyone knows he's a tremendous whiz at changing the subject, just tremendous. Here's how he does it:

"This was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I apologize to my family. To the American people. Certainly I’m not proud of it. But this is locker room talk. When we have a world where you have ISIS chopping off heads, where you have [ISIS] frankly drowning people in steel cages, wars and horrible, horrible sights all over, so many bad things happening. Yes, I’m very embarrassed by it. I hate it. But it’s locker room talk and it’s one of those things. I'm going to knock the hell out of ISIS. We’re going to defeat ISIS."

There should be a sign for clumsy diversion tactics...

Other than the 'Stop' one of course, else where would aCW be at?

:eek:

Foxfire

I didn't quite catch just where Trump was going to come up with the money to provide block grants to the states to pay for health insurance for low income people.

Isn't that like a healthcare welfare scheme?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I didn't quite catch just where Trump was going to come up with the money to provide block grants to the states to pay for health insurance for low income people.

Isn't that like a healthcare welfare scheme?
Canadians have a "healthcare welfare scheme" and they are healthier, live longer and spend far less on health than their American counterparts.

It could never be duplicated in the US because there are too many special interest groups that have a vested interest in keeping a healthcare system that is expensive, often inaccessible and performing below other systems

Trump is all for replacing Obamacare but like everything else, he's long on rhetoric - but short on specifics!

Last edited:

Jose Fly

That was the best possible outcome for Clinton. The post-debate polls give her a victory in the debate (but not by as much as the first), even though she really didn't do anything memorable. And Trump definitely "stopped the bleeding" from Friday's debacle and exodus, and reassured his core supporters that he is in the race until the end.

Why is that good for Clinton? Because now the GOP is definitely stuck with Trump, who now only has core Republicans on his side, which isn't anywhere near enough to win the election. As the Washington bureau chief of the National Review put it, "By forestalling additional GOP defections w performance tonight, Trump somehow manages to do more damage to the party."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It shouldn't be used at all, hes running against Hillary, not bill.

Now if she brings it up, THEN he needs to ask her why that seems to be a concern of hers, when she supported her own husband for worse. Then she would have opened that door.

Clinton made a mistake and opened herself up to attacks by tweeting that all claimers of sexual abuse should be believed.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Trump is all over the place, rambling and sniffing. He can't answer a direct question. And he just publicly disagreed with his running mate.

I heard that he disagreed with Pence on something regarding ISIS, I think? I didn't hear specifics though. What was it?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know... he just got thrown under the Trump train..

art-of-politics.jpeg-620x412.jpg

(Not that I feel sorry for Pence...)

Thanks. That explains the disagreement.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I think I know what point he's trying to make but he sure is clumsy at making it. :doh:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Canadians have a "healthcare welfare scheme" and they are healthier, live longer and spend far less on health than their American counterparts.

It could never be duplicated in the US because there are too many special interest groups that have a vested interest in keeping a healthcare system that is expensive, often inaccessible and performing below other systems

Trump is all for replacing Obamacare but like everything else, he's long on rhetoric - but short on specifics!

i was amazed to learn during the mike duffy fiasco a couple years ago, that wealthy canadians augment their national healthcare insurance with private healthcare insurance

because the basic coverage that the little guy gets sucks

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Before the debate: NBC/WSJ poll: Hillary Clinton 14 points up on Donald Trump, 52-38.

Waiting for the next NBC/WSJ post-debate.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Fact Check: Clinton denied being secretary of state during Obama's 'red line' comment

Source w/video: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ary-state-during-obamas-red-line-comment.html

In the heat of the presidential debate Sunday, Hillary Clinton denied being secretary of state when President Obama said in 2012 that Syria President Bashar Assad would “cross a red line” by using chemical weapons on civilians in the country’s years-long civil war.

“I was gone,” Clinton said. “At some point, we need to do some fact-checking here.”

However, Clinton, in fact, ran the State Department for Obama from 2009 until 2013, during which time Assad continued to use chemical weapons.

Trump, unaware that Clinton had either made a mistake or attempted to deny any association with the issue, pressed on. He suggested the Democratic presidential nominee remained in close conversation with the administration after leaving the department.

“You were in total contact with the White House,” Trump said. “And perhaps, sadly, Obama probably still listened to you. I don't think he would be listening to you very much anymore.”

Trump, the Republican nominee, has repeatedly argued that Obama continued to allow Assad to use chemical weapons, and consequently failed to enforce his stance, calling it another example of the president’s failed foreign policy and the country’s weakened position as a world power.

“Obama draws the line in the sand,” Trump continued Sunday. “It was laughed at all over the world.”