Pops refutes the biblical concept of the Trinity

Apple7

Name one part of my doctrine you think I can't defend.....as if it is actually my doctrine and not one I received of GOD.

I'll wait.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

We already went over this, silly man.

Show us where the Second Person of The Trinity is not eternal, like you claim.

marhig

Of course.

Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

•God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
•God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4
•God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
•The Trinity…Romans 10.9; Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

Thus…you will be saved if you believe in The Triune God, as revealed in scripture.

Simple, Biblical truth.
Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)

Ok... I confess the Lord Jesus, and I believe that God has raised him from the dead..... which is the truth and I do believe it..... Now who are you to tell me that I won't be saved because I don't believe in the trinity?

None of those verses say anything about believing in the trinity to be saved..... Nothing!

Apple7

Ok... I confess the Lord Jesus, and I believe that God has raised him from the dead..... which is the truth and I do believe it..... Now who are you to tell me that I won't be saved because I don't believe in the trinity?

None of those verses say anything about believing in the trinity to be saved..... Nothing!

Scripture is not one verse, but many.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In whom are you believing? You are confessing God.

popsthebuilder

We already went over this, silly man.

Show us where the Second Person of The Trinity is not eternal, like you claim.
You are right. We did go over it already friend.

COETERNAL is the issue, not eternal as in from now on, but eternal as in no beginning. We know the man Jesus had a beginning because the was born.

I showed the Greek word for born earlier.

I'll go over some more scripture showing the man Jesus is sunsidiary to, and formed by GOD almighty.

Matthew 1: 18. The circumstances of the birth of Jesus Christ were these. After his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they were united in marriage, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 20. But while he was contemplating this step, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to bring home your wife Mary, for she is with child through the Holy Spirit. 21. She will give birth to a Son, and you are to call His name JESUS for He it is who will save His People from their sins." 22. All this took place in fulfilment of what the Lord had spoken through the Prophet, 23. <"Mark! The maiden will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call His name Immanuel"> --a word which signifies <`God with us'>. 25. but did not live with her until she had given birth to a son. The child's name he called JESUS.

Luke 1: 31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(become pregnant with (a child).

"she was conceived when her father was 49"

(of a woman) become pregnant.

"five months ago Wendy conceived"

synonyms:become pregnant, become impregnated

"they were unable to conceive"

form or devise (a plan or idea) in the mind.

"the dam project was originally conceived in 1977"

synonyms:think up, think of, dream up, devise, formulate, design, originate, create, develop;

informalcook up, hatch)

Luke 1: 35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

(So you had said that "power" is synonymous with Holy Spirit earlier I thought; is that correct? If so then this verse shows the Spirit is of the FATHER.)

(Continue on next post)
37702dc7c15a89968fa5ce15e91fcb02.jpg
9398214c2fe4d7dd342ed0de656ce1ea.jpg
760e740291ed3431d3a5f9cca8d7d2ed.jpg
8fd6bb1da1027327aa877c59f8d08c4f.jpg
708f1965409cf893eeac77c9c2cd49e4.jpg
b825bc532c4e3346b47051278b1e56fd.jpg
c0058c5db3370de7fcc0d0675e1bad73.jpg

marhig

Scripture is not one verse, but many.
It certainly is, but many of you hang on the odd verse here and there to try and prove the trinity which isn't in the Bible. But there are many verses that show us that God is the father and God of Jesus, and that Jesus himself says that the father is the only true God. But even though it's clearly written you don't believe it. But that is between you and God!

Apple7

You are right. We did go over it already friend.

COETERNAL is the issue, not eternal as in from now on, but eternal as in no beginning. We know the man Jesus had a beginning because the was born.

Being born does not mean created, silly man.

Even your own references tell you that much...

Apple7

It certainly is, but many of you hang on the odd verse here and there to try and prove the trinity which isn't in the Bible. But there are many verses that show us that God is the father and God of Jesus, and that Jesus himself says that the father is the only true God. But even though it's clearly written you don't believe it. But that is between you and God!

You mean like right here...?

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

oidamen de hoti ho huios tou theou hēkei kai dedōken hēmin dianoian hina ginōskōmen ton alēthinon kai esmen en tō huiō autou Iēsou Christō houtos estin ho alēthinos theos kai zōē aiōnios

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

What are you gonna' do now?

marhig

You mean like right here...?

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

oidamen de hoti ho huios tou theou hēkei kai dedōken hēmin dianoian hina ginōskōmen ton alēthinon kai esmen en tō huiō autou Iēsou Christō houtos estin ho alēthinos theos kai zōē aiōnios

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

What are you gonna' do now?
Talk about picking out one verse. How about reading the others with it!

1 John 5

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

What you don't seem to see is that God is in Christ, not that Christ is God. And that those who belong to God are in the father and the son and that the father and the son are in them through Christ by the power of the spirit. And that doesn't make those who God and Christ are in, God!
And God being in Christ Jesus doesn't make Jesus God either. It makes him the son of God. And those who belong to him are sons and daughters of God also, Jesus said, who is my mother my brother or my sister, but those who do the will of my father in heaven! So as Jesus did the will of the father, so must we because he is our God and he is the God of Jesus also! And we will then be one with them as they are one! Yet being one with them does not make us God, and neither does Jesus being one with the father make him God. It means that we are one in heart, mind, soul, strength word and deed.

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

And no, I was talking about this verse, which where Jesus himself says that the father is the only true God. And he says it clearly!

John 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Sorry I must go for now, hopefully I will be back again later, God willing.

MennoSota

John 8
[58]Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, i am!”
Exodus 3
[14]God replied to Moses, “i am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: i am has sent me to you.”

Jesus is God.
Pops is wrong.

popsthebuilder

John 8
Exodus 3
[14]God replied to Moses, “i am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: i am has sent me to you.”

Jesus is God.
Pops is wrong.
The Spirit that caused every Word to flow from the mouth of the Christ Jesus is GOD.

Dont you know He spoke nothing of His own accord, but everything by the will of GOD almighty?

MennoSota

John 8
Exodus 3

Jesus is God.
Pops is wrong.
The Spirit that caused every Word to flow from the mouth of the Christ Jesus is GOD.

Dont you know He spoke nothing of His own accord, but everything by the will of GOD almighty?

Jesus says he is "I am", which is exactly what God declared to Moses by calling himself, "I am."
Jesus is God. Pops, you are wrong. You are demonstrably wrong. You will try to wriggle out, but the chains are around you and locked. Jesus is God. Repent pops.