Pope Rejects God's Word on Death Penalty

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm not surprised that the pope said the death penalty is inhuman. He rejects God's word on pretty much every other issue, so why wouldn't the antichrist pope reject the Word about the death penalty?

I think he makes it up as he goes along (Gen. 9:5, 6; Ex. 21:12–17). :eek:linger:

7cfea7633985800f64aa2e1597ad3cf1eead24e1.jpg

Cruciform

I'm not surprised that the pope said the death penalty is inhuman. He rejects God's word on pretty much every other issue...
  • ...according to the opinions that you've been taught by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:
  • Readers should note that rejecting Daniel's preferred interpretations of God's word is certainly not the same as rejecting God's word itself. After all, Daniel's personal interpretations of the Bible are not God's infallible and authoritative word, are they. :nono:
  • So much for Daniel's bare assertion that the Pope supposedly "rejects God's word."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Papal opinions aren't the same thing as church doctrine. Just pointing that out. :idunno:

If he said that the death penalty offends against human dignity and is never a just solution, then he's flat wrong, and even the Catechism disagrees with him.

But then, perhaps he didn't say that, those are not his words, or even if they are, perhaps he has been taken out of context?

everready

Daniel says the papacy thinks to change times and laws.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

everready

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Of course not. S.O.B.G prefers the assumptions and opinions that he has been taught by his chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

What the Roman Catholic pope thinks about capital punishment is meaningless to me.

:eek:linger: You don't care for the pope's preferred assumptions and opinions taught by his chosen recently-invented man-made Catholic religion? :sigh: Ac 5:29, 20:29, Mt 15:6

:eek:linger: You don't care for the pope's preferred assumptions and opinions taught by his chosen recently-invented man-made Catholic religion? :sigh: Ac 5:29, 20:29, Mt 15:6
Not certain why Matthew 15:6 is referenced. As for Cruciform, I will continue to live by His grace and faith, while Cruciform condinues to work for his salvation.

republicanchick

[Pope Rejects God's Word on Death Penalty] :[Mike Gendron Comment] The pope is once again deliberately rejecting the supreme authority of God's Word which declares: without ambiguity "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image" (Gen. 9:6)." :poly: Pro-Gospel.org

this is just so absurd

When you protestants instigate the Old T directive to stone homosexuals and adulterers, then you can criticize the Church

are you going to do that?

____

everready

this is just so absurd

When you protestants instigate the Old T directive to stone homosexuals and adulterers, then you can criticize the Church

are you going to do that?

____

No what's absurd is how the papacy rejects Gods word and instructs his followers to do the same.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

You should be warning them not coddling them.

everready

JonahofAkron

Nonsense. The Pope rightly rejects Gendron's personally preferred interpretation of God's word. Big difference there.

Amen. :thumb:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I agree with you guys on this one. The death penalty for sin was satisfied in Messiah.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Given that adultery, like murder, was a death penalty offense under Mosaic Law, then it could be argued that Jesus was also guilty of rejecting God's Word on the death penalty by not casting the first stone (since He was without sin).

It could be but such an argument would be ridiculuos, given that her acusers did not stick around to testify.
Deuteronomy 17:6 Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death on the testimony of two or three witnesses; he shall not be put to death on the testimony of one witness.