ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Still have no comments that can stand against the facts posted in this thread .

Just because one says so isn't a valid argument .

Cross Reference

Originally Posted by Faither View Post
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

So what? "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name" . . . John 1:12 KJV:

[(pistis); to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ) :- believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.]

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

In other words: Only those who are born again children have such power to "become" "son's of God"..Why not emphasize that part of it which IS the power?

Cross Reference

January 5th

The afterwards of the life of power

"Whither I go, thou canst not follow Me now; but thou shalt follow Me afterwards." John 13:36.

“And when He had spoken this, He saith unto him, Follow Me.” Three years before, Jesus had said—“Follow Me,” and Peter had followed easily, the fascination of Jesus was upon him, he did not need the Holy Spirit to help him to do it. Then he came to the place where he denied Jesus, and his heart broke. Then he received the Holy Spirit, and now Jesus says again—“Follow Me.” There is no figure in front now saving the Lord Jesus Christ. The first “Follow Me” had nothing mystical in it, it was an external following; now it is a following in internal martyrdom (cf. John 21:18).

Jesus didn't say "faith Me" because "follow Me" didn't say all Jesus wanted Peter to understand.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Pisteuo is a specific act , based upon a specific belief , sustained by a specific kind of confidense .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Pisteuo is a specific act , based upon a specific belief , sustained by a specific kind of confidense .

Vines :. " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

And it must be continual , and done a new every day .

Cross Reference

Vines :. " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

And it must be continual , and done a new every day .

I'll ask one more time since you don't believe anyone has what you have: Do you consider yourself a born again Christian?

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Bumped OP

Cross Reference

I didn't "believe" you did. Thanks for confirming it for everyone to see and have a better understanding of the sort of personality which has been addressing them.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

When God repeats Himself , we should pay extra attention .

This word "pisteuo" is repeated 248 times .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Pisteuo starts , maintains , and completes the relationship here on earth .

Cross Reference

I guess it is safe to assume you have repeatedly and deliberately and on a daily basis "faithed" to God: I "faithed" myself wholly into Your hands: put me to what You will; rank me with whomever you will; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for you, or laid aside for You; exalted for You, or trodden under foot for You; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing; I freely and heartily resign all to Your pleasure and disposal? In other words, the entire abandonment of your life at the foot of the cross?. . I am not correct in assuming that or is there something I missed? Do you think Scott performed in that way?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

God we offer ourselves to thee , to have with us an to build with us as thou wilt . Relieve us of the bondage of self , that we may better do thy will . Take away our difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those we would help of thy power ,thy love , and thy way of life . May we do thy will always .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

My creator , we are now willing that you should have all of us the good and the bad . I pray that you now remove from us every single defect of character that stands in the way of our usefulness to you and our fellows . Grant us strength , as we go out from here to do thy bidding , Amen .

If you notice in the two prayers I've presented to the group , there is nothing in it for us . A genuine surrendered life is just that , no longer ours anymore . So serving ourselves would be faithing away from God and breaking the covenant or contract with God , which is NT saving Faith .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post

My creator , we are now willing that you should have all of us the good and the bad . I pray that you now remove from us every single defect of character that stands in the way of our usefulness to you and our fellows . Grant us strength , as we go out from here to do thy bidding , Amen .

If you notice in the two prayers I've presented to the group , there is nothing in it for us . A genuine surrendered life is just that , no longer ours anymore . So serving ourselves would be faithing away from God and breaking the covenant or contract with God , which is NT saving Faith .