"Perhaps we need a new American Revolution to defend marriage"

Heterodoxical

I am not sure what to make of your post.
You are either claiming that you are LGBT or that you support LGBT over the scriptures.

Please correct any misunderstanding.

I'm not sure what to make of your post.

You are either claiming to only want to stir stuff up and not address the points.

Or that you are mentally challenged and English is your third language.

Everything I said is scriptural.

You are the one being Anti Christ, directly, on the topic. Not me. But, you really don't care what scriptures actually say, you ONLY care how you can manipulate them to attack people and lift yourself up emotionally.

Shut up with your attempts at personal defamation, and go back and address the points I made.... If you can't, you are not adult enough to enter this discussion.

Here I brought them forward for you.... Make no mistake, this is a conversation about the Right Christian thing to do, if you are going to accuse me of being anti scriptural, then put your big boy panties on and substantiate your claims. Address the points, not the person.

Points, not the person.
Points not the person.
Be a revolutionary on this board, address the points and not the person.

Here are the points.

The history of the gay marriage debate....

Gay people left providence to their partners in their wills.
Family, religious RIGHT, who disapproved of their marriage and abandoned their family member because of his "sinful ways" contested the will on the grounds the person wasn't legally married and had no right. They won.
Gay people were kept out of the hospital by their families....

Forget these specific examples, the bottom line is, they were not treated fair legally.

FIRST the LGBT community went for legal protection under the law, but it was shot down in 4 or 5 states.

It would have to be contested in EVERY state.

UNLESS, you could win to call it a marriage. STATES HOLD THE RIGHTS TO WHAT MAKES A MARRIAGE LEGAL. And what one state approves all honor, I.E. my wedding certificate was valid in every state and recognized.

So, rather than 50 battles it's now one.

All they wanted was the Religious Right off of their backs. Because of the Religious Right it went from wanting legal rights, to adopting the legal term marriage. That's the "Church's" bizarre bigotry to blame, not an LGBT agenda. Marriage would never have been on the table had they done the right thing to start with.

Jesus said if a man sues you for your shirt give'em the coat too. Don't debate if they deserve it, give it.

Shortly after that, in the same breath, he said God loves His enemies, and that love provides for them. Jesus commanded your love be as mature, or complete as God's was.

Seems to me, the Church says screw you Jesus, we are doing it our way.

And so the LGBT community needs protection, legally, by the government God appointed to protect all people, even His enemies.

After this started, NOW the emotionally unstable, radical, far left, rabid screaming dying for a cause activist portion of the lgbt community got involved.

That was the big plop you heard near the fan.

Marriage is determined legally by the state you reside in. It's their right. Their JOB is to protect the people. Not Christian bigots. Your pastor can marry people legally ONLY BECAUSE OF THE POWERS VESTED IN HIM BY THE STATE IN WHICH HE MARRIES YOU. This has been admitted freely by pastors at every wedding since.... forever.

Why do they play stupid now and act like it's THEIR RIGHT, and not the God appointed Government?

Hypocritical, Anti Christ, bigoted, behavior for God, ministry...... How's that working out?

The LGBT Agenda is to stop being harrassed by bigots. Most of them could care less what you believe or feel, just keep it to yourself and get out of their lives.

To judge that whole community by their extremist activists, is like saying all Christians are members of www.godhatesfags.com by Westboro Baptist Church.

genuineoriginal

Everything I said is scriptural.
This was not scriptural:
And so the LGBT community needs protection, legally, by the government God appointed to protect all people, even His enemies.
God said that the government was to put LGBT to death in order to protect His people from their abominable practices.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Romans 13:3-4
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.​

Christ's Word

Jesus said if a man sues you for your shirt give'em the coat too. Don't debate if they deserve it, give it.

God, Jesus' Father in Heaven says, " If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

So moron, "Don't debate if they deserve it, give it."

TracerBullet

God, Jesus' Father in Heaven says, " If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

So moron, "Don't debate if they deserve it, give it."

it says that right between where it says eating lobster is an abomination and where it says you need to kill bratty children

I kill bratty lobsters, they taste just as sweet as the nice ones.....

Funny, I thought there was something in the scriptures which you seem to be so obsessed over that prohibits eating lobster. Right near the ban on homosexual activity, in fact.

I don't eat lobster (or any shellfish, or any invertebrate for that matter). Not because of any religious prohibition against it, but because I simply don't care for it. I also don't care to ever engage in any sexual activities with another man, but what other consenting adults choose to do is their own business, to which others need to BUTT OUT.

Christ's Word

Funny, I thought there was something in the scriptures which you seem to be so obsessed over that prohibits eating lobster. Right near the ban on homosexual activity, in fact.

I don't eat lobster (or any shellfish, or any invertebrate for that matter). Not because of any religious prohibition against it, but because I simply don't care for it. I also don't care to ever engage in any sexual activities with another man, but what other consenting adults choose to do is their own business, to which others need to BUTT OUT.

You are naive about the destruction that results from homosexual behavior, educate yourself.

I am not sure what to make of your post.
You are either claiming that you are LGBT or that you support LGBT over the scriptures.

Please correct any misunderstanding.

Romans 13:10 - "Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

You pick and choose scripture to give divine mandate to your own intolerance and bigotry.

You are naive about the destruction that results from homosexual behavior, educate yourself.

Not nearly as much destruction as results from when religious fundamentalists get control of public policy. I'd tell you to educate yourself, but clearly you believe that you already know everything that there is to know.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Being literal here (not spiritual), exactly how do you consider two, monogamous, disease free people having consensual sex as destructive?

Christ's Word

Being literal here (not spiritual), exactly how do you consider two, monogamous, disease free people having consensual sex as destructive?

Let's take the cousin of a grad school friend as an example. He is gay, lived with a boy friend in the Central West End of St. Louis. We went to see him in the Hospital at Barnes about 4 years ago. His story is typical. He tore his sphincter and colon having sex. He then contracted 3 different types of infections as a result of the damage. They eventually removed about 15 inches of his large intestine and part of his colon. The doctor told him that if he continued to have anal sex that his body would not tolerate the stress, and it would eventually kill him.

He died last November.

The part you naive folks don't get, is that it may start as a disease free consensual abomination, but the infections come, as do the drug addictions, the alcoholism, and the suicides. Forget the spiritual side for a moment and just deal with the physical an mental health issues and consequences. You all need to get real about that. It is an unnatural act that has natural physical and mental consequences.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The part you naive folks don't get, is that it may start as a disease free consensual abomination, but the infections come, as do the drug addictions, the alcoholism, and the suicides. Forget the spiritual side for a moment and just deal with the physical an mental health issues and consequences. You all need to get real about that. It is an unnatural act that has natural physical and mental consequences.

and only those who are mentally ill would consider it as a viable choice

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's take the cousin of a grad school friend as an example. He is gay, lived with a boy friend in the Central West End of St. Louis. We went to see him in the Hospital at Barnes about 4 years ago. His story is typical. He tore his sphincter and colon having sex. He then contracted 3 different types of infections as a result of the damage. They eventually removed about 15 inches of his large intestine and part of his colon. The doctor told him that if he continued to have anal sex that his body would not tolerate the stress, and it would eventually kill him.

He died last November.

Somehow you believe this is different that watching someone deteriorate and die a slow agonizing death from cancer (caused from smoking) or liver diseased caused from alcoholism?

Christ's Word

Somehow you believe this is different that watching someone deteriorate and die a slow agonizing death from cancer (caused from smoking) or liver diseased caused from alcoholism?

It is different, gays actively recruit hetero males, especially the young ones, and they brag about their successes in therapy. They also have a level of sexual brokenness that drives many other evil behaviors.

My Grandfather had liver issues that I would bet were inflamed by his drinking alcohol. He would tell his grandchildren, "don't you get started drinking, unless you have a closet full of spare livers, learn from my mistakes". It is the opposite with gays, they actively recruit youngsters into their debauchery and deathstyle.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is different, gays actively recruit hetero males,

Heteros cannot be recruited ... there has to be an already present inclination/attraction to their own sex.

especially the young ones, and they brag about their successes in therapy. They also have a level of sexual brokenness that drives many other evil behaviors.

IF it's under the legal age, it's a crime, just as it is for heterosexuals.

My Grandfather had liver issues that I would bet were inflamed by his drinking alcohol. He would tell his grandchildren, "don't you get started drinking, unless you have a closet full of spare livers, learn from my mistakes". It is the opposite with gays, they actively recruit youngsters into their debauchery and deathstyle.

So says you. There have been a number of relatives on both sides of the family who have died from alcoholism. Some were regretful, others never spoke of their mistakes. They just made their family miserable up until they drew in their last breath.

What this comes down to is promiscuous sex causing illness VS alcoholism. Both deadly ... however, only one greatly offends you and that is for religious reasons.

Heterodoxical

What this comes down to is promiscuous sex causing illness VS alcoholism. Both deadly ... however, only one greatly offends you and that is for religious reasons.

There are as high a % of promiscuous sex among heteros as homos.... And there is a higher number of promiscuous straight people over all, by far....

the fast growing aids, and Hep B are among straight men. GASP.

And God chastises heterosexual sex vs homosexual sex about 15-1 in the bible.... that outta tell us something.

THall

There are as high a % of promiscuous sex among heteros as homos.... And there is a higher number of promiscuous straight people over all, by far....

the fast growing aids, and Hep B are among straight men. GASP.

And God chastises heterosexual sex vs homosexual sex about 15-1 in the bible.... that outta tell us something.

There are consequences
for sin.