ECT Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel.

That being the case, Paul was teaching that the true Church of the NT, fulfills the promises of God made to Israel, the spiritual descendants of Abraham.(not the physical descendants or that of Judaism.)

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

Interplanner

Some good points but it's not just the church directly, as though God was just switching at random from one people to another. It is first of all the resurrection of Christ that fulfills the promises to Israel (Acts 13:32), then those who adhere to that, believe that, are the new Israel with God's new mission.

Or to put it as Mt 21 does 'the nation that does the work of the vineyard'

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Paul agrees.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

* 'All' meaning the OT.

The NT didn't exist

Danoh

Paul agrees.

Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

* 'All' meaning the OT.

The NT didn't exist

IP has an understanding "about" 2 Tim. 3:16-17 :chuckle:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul agrees.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

* 'All' meaning the OT.

The NT didn't exist

Yes Sir.

Paul said nothing new to that of the OT.

Everything was written in the past.

LA

Interplanner

Paul said nothing new ? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life !! Apparently you have not read his epistles

New words, but not new concepts, which is why he can seamlessly use the OT. For ex., if you read Is 58 you might be able to conclude that one day all old forms of fasting would give way. What about Micah 9? "I do not desire sacrifice and offering." That's not Paul, that's a prophet.

Danoh

New words, but not new concepts, which is why he can seamlessly use the OT. For ex., if you read Is 58 you might be able to conclude that one day all old forms of fasting would give way. What about Micah 9? "I do not desire sacrifice and offering." That's not Paul, that's a prophet.

More of your Full Preterist nonsense.

DAN P

Pauls teachings all came from the OT
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. A

Hi and if what you have posted , THEN explain what Gal 3:28 teally means , or otherwise , what you have written is plain old PICAYUNE !!

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said nothing new ? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life !! Apparently you have not read his epistles

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Paul received revelation of the Word already written.

The fact that you do not know where Paul understood things from, makes it easy for false teachers like Feldick to fool you.

Feldick teaches that the 12 Apostles on one hand had gone back to the law, and on the other hand that was their correct position.

Poor Feldick will say anything to avoid being in the Bride of Christ, same as all Madists.

That is your problem, so when the marriage feast arrives you will be thrown out of it,.

Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

LA

Interplanner

Avoid the LA Freeway

Not only is this what the NT says about the OT, Paul said in Acts 26, when answering questions about the hope of Israel, that he would not speak beyond what the prophets had said, which he had explained was fulfilled in the resurrection. Are you seeing the picture? He doesn't do future theocratic geo-politics because there isn't any. He is only interested in the mission people, called Israel, so there is only half a chance that some imposter is 'in the temple' at some future time, meaning in this Israel. But most of what he said about that had to do with the events in that generation in Judea and the traumatic destruction of the state of Israel.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not only is this what the NT says about the OT, Paul said in Acts 26, when answering questions about the hope of Israel, that he would not speak beyond what the prophets had said, which he had explained was fulfilled in the resurrection. Are you seeing the picture? He doesn't do future theocratic geo-politics because there isn't any. He is only interested in the mission people, called Israel, so there is only half a chance that some imposter is 'in the temple' at some future time, meaning in this Israel. But most of what he said about that had to do with the events in that generation in Judea and the traumatic destruction of the state of Israel.
You're quite the interplanner -

Interplanner

26:22. To preach the Gospel events of Christ compeletely discharges the use of the OT prophets. There is obviously nothing about a theocratic Israel in the distant future in the Gospel events of Christ.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel.

That being the case, Paul was teaching that the true Church of the NT, fulfills the promises of God made to Israel, the spiritual descendants of Abraham.(not the physical descendants or that of Judaism.)

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

Romans 11:

25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

The Liberator will come from Zion;
He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.
27 And this will be My covenant with them
when I take away their sins.

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs, 29 since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.

30 As you once disobeyed God, but now have received mercy through their disobedience, 31 so they too have now disobeyed, resulting in mercy to you, so that they also now may receive mercy.

32 For God has imprisoned all in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.

A Hymn of Praise
33 Oh, the depth of the riches
both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God!
How unsearchable His judgments
and untraceable His ways!
34 For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been His counselor?
35 Or who has ever first given to Him,
and has to be repaid?[q]
36 For from Him and through Him
and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Zechariah 12 (HCSB)

Judah’s Security

An Oracle

The word of the Lord concerning Israel.

A declaration of the Lord,
who stretched out the heavens,
laid the foundation of the earth,
and formed the spirit of man within him.
2 “Look, I will make Jerusalem a cup that causes staggering for the peoples who surround the city. The siege against Jerusalem will also involve Judah. 3 On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who try to lift it will injure themselves severely when all the nations of the earth gather against her. 4 On that day”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness. I will keep a watchful eye on the house of Judah but strike all the horses of the nations with blindness. 5 Then each of the leaders of Judah will think to himself: The residents of Jerusalem are my strength through the Lord of Hosts, their God. 6 On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves; they will consume all the peoples around them on the right and the left, while Jerusalem continues to be inhabited on its site, in Jerusalem. 7 The Lord will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of David’s house and the glory of Jerusalem’s residents may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that on that day the one who is weakest among them will be like David on that day, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the Lord, before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Mourning for the Pierced One

10 “Then I will pour out a spirit[a] of grace and prayer on the house of David and the residents of Jerusalem, and they will look at Me whom they pierced. They will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only child and weep bitterly for Him as one weeps for a firstborn. 11 On that day the mourning in Jerusalem will be as great as the mourning of Hadad-rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, every family by itself: the family of David’s house by itself and their women by themselves; the family of Nathan’s[c] house by itself and their women by themselves; 13 the family of Levi’s house by itself and their women by themselves; the family of Shimei[d] by itself and their women by themselves; 14 all the remaining families, every family by itself, and their women by themselves.

Daniel 11:

40 “At the time of the end, the king of the South will engage him in battle, but the king of the North will storm against him with chariots, horsemen, and many ships. He will invade countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He will also invade the beautiful land, and many will fall. But these will escape from his power: Edom, Moab, and the prominent people of the Ammonites. 42 He will extend his power against the countries, and not even the land of Egypt will escape. 43 He will get control over the hidden treasures of gold and silver and over all the riches of Egypt. The Libyans and Cushites will also be in submission.[t] 44 But reports from the east and the north will terrify him, and he will go out with great fury to annihilate and completely destroy many. 45 He will pitch his royal tents between the sea and the [beautiful holy mountain], but he will meet his end with no one to help him.

Mount Zion is the beautiful Holy mountain.

There is hope still.

Why must hope be dashed, when Hope is a fruit of the Spirit?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.