Paul's Glorious Gospel

Epoisses

Giving you access to the Bible is like giving a child access to a fully automatic assault rifle. Lots of noise and much damage.

The babe in Christ cries because his reformed gospel is gunned down in the streets. Lutherans are the true heirs of the Reformation, English pop tart. Christ died for all men and all sin whether the Reformed can admit it or not.

Robert Pate

Banned
Giving you access to the Bible is like giving a child access to a fully automatic assault rifle. Lots of noise and much damage.

I stick close to Paul's Gospel and justification by faith. You seem to be staking every thing on your religious experience.

Epoisses

You dont even believe the Death of Christ saved them He died for, so you dont believe the Gospel of Salvation !

All men are saved in Christ but not all men believe it. Christ as the savior of the world is foundational to the gospel and you reject it, goat!

Truster

I stick close to Paul's Gospel and justification by faith. You seem to be staking every thing on your religious experience.

In my case I'd been on a 30 year drunk and the last two years was me drinking myself to death. I was delivered in a most powerful and unmistakable way. My own father didn't recognise me so great was the immediate change. People who knew me were stopping me to ask what had happened. In my local club they took out a book on who could pick the length of time it would last. They closed the book after two years and refunded the bets.
I had no friends from my past who wanted to be seen talking to me, because people would mock them for doing so. I wasn't accepted in churches, because my salvation ran contrary to their religion.

Put it this way Roberto. If all that I have trusted in comes to nothing then I am still up on the deal, because I was dying 17 years ago.

Nanja

All men are saved in Christ but not all men believe it. Christ as the savior of the world is foundational to the gospel and you reject it, goat!

All men are not saved! Universalism is NOT the Gospel taught in the scriptures!

This is the Gospel of the Grace of God as taught by the Apostle Paul:

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The "us" which were saved according to God's Purpose and Grace, are those who were Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation of the World to be holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-11.

That's the World that God so Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16!

They shall not be condemned with the rest of the world:

1 Cor. 11:32
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Heb. 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Epoisses

All men are not saved! Universalism is NOT the Gospel taught in the scriptures!

This is the Gospel of the Grace of God as taught by the Apostle Paul:

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The "us" which were saved according to God's Purpose and Grace, are those who were Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation of the World to be holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-11.

That's the World that God so Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16!

They shall not be condemned with the rest of the world:

1 Cor. 11:32
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Heb. 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

All men are saved in Christ. The atonement did away with the sin problem once and for all. To say that Christ dies for one and not the other goes against your own beliefs where all men are under sin. The whole world lies in sin so Christ redeemed the whole world. This redemption does not become mine personally until I hear the good news and then believe the good news. Belief is a requirement for salvation that you do away with by your warped understanding of predestination.

Epoisses

In my case I'd been on a 30 year drunk and the last two years was me drinking myself to death. I was delivered in a most powerful and unmistakable way. My own father didn't recognise me so great was the immediate change. People who knew me were stopping me to ask what had happened. In my local club they took out a book on who could pick the length of time it would last. They closed the book after two years and refunded the bets.
I had no friends from my past who wanted to be seen talking to me, because people would mock them for doing so. I wasn't accepted in churches, because my salvation ran contrary to their religion.

Put it this way Roberto. If all that I have trusted in comes to nothing then I am still up on the deal, because I was dying 17 years ago.

You trust in your reformed understanding and even a casual reading of Romans shows that Paul focused on Christian service and duty. These works play no role in my Salvation but they do show that a genuine conversion has occurred. Works under the gospel are non-meritorious. Works under all false gospels are meritorious. You reject all works and so are left with half the gospel.

Eagles Wings

The babe in Christ cries because his reformed gospel is gunned down in the streets. Lutherans are the true heirs of the Reformation, English pop tart. Christ died for all men and all sin whether the Reformed can admit it or not.
I know quite a few of the LCMS and they do not hate nor mis-represent Calvinism as you do.

What gives?

Most Reformed have very high regard for Luther.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

All men are saved in Christ. The atonement did away with the sin problem once and for all. To say that Christ dies for one and not the other goes against your own beliefs where all men are under sin. The whole world lies in sin so Christ redeemed the whole world.

It is a disagreement over what, when. I don't think you or I, wrong or right, can affect that. The Reformed believe that God wouldn't 'waste' energy after folly (Matthew 7:6), knowing very well, all who will be saved "I have lost none of them." John 6:44 John 14:6 Conversely, you believe anybody can be saved. I believe that as a theoretical possibility, but not what God did. Because the answer is fully within the counsel of God, I think we can have disagreements about it and must ultimately leave the fate of the lost fully in His hands anyway. We are simply trying to gain peace of our own minds over the matter. Some, perhaps you, are also concerned about the lost, but I yet believe it fully in God's hands. It will affect, perhaps your efforts as well as how much you believe the Father will use you to bring another to Him. It is a good concern, but even that has to be individually come to, regarding what we individually do or believe we are responsible for. It seems to me, it is a bit more academic for disagreement so not something that needs to be taken to the mat (sorry for being a bit wordy, I'm trying to meaningfully answer some of your concerns. I wouldn't blame you for a quick proofread rather than in depth once-over).

The Lord's redemptive work can/could save all that call upon the Name. I too believe that He loved the world (whole world) that the ones who call upon Him will be saved. I'm not sure 'potentiality' needs to become a dividing point, even if Open Theists insist on that potentiality as necessary to their theology understanding and stance. Why? Because I can and do believe the potentiality of the Cross. It can save all by sufficiency.

The difference is that I believe 'potentiality' is known to God as 'assuredly.' It has a lot to do with Colossians 1:16-18 John 15:5 regarding HIs Sovereignty and the necessity of these verses to as I understand the extent of God's Sovereignty.
Spoiler

Jeremiah 10:23 O Jehovah, I know that the way of man does not belong to man; it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
Proverbs 20:24 Man's steps are of Jehovah; how can a man then understand his own way?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know what I have planned for you,'says the LORD. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.

Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Pro 3:5 Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of Jehovah as the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He will.

Psa 33:9 For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood.
Psa 33:10 Jehovah brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He breaks the plots of the people.
Psa 33:11 The counsel of Jehovah stands forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
Psa 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is Jehovah; the people He has chosen for His inheritance.
Psa 33:13 Jehovah looks down from Heaven; He beholds all the sons of mankind.
Psa 33:14 From His dwelling place He looks on all the people of the earth.
Psa 33:15 Together He forms their hearts; His understanding is to all their works.

Psa 37:18 Jehovah knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever.
Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by Jehovah; and He delights in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be cast down; for Jehovah upholds his hand.

Job 14:5 For his days are fixed, the number of his months is with You, and You have set his bounds so that he cannot pass;

Isaiah 46:9 Remember former things from forever; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me,
Isaiah 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;
Isaiah 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my purpose from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, I will also cause it to come; I have formed; yes, I will do it.

Rom 9:19 You will then say to me, Why does He yet find fault? For who has resisted His will?
Rom 9:20 No, but, O man, who are you who replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it, Why have you made me this way?
Rom 9:21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel to honor and another to dishonor?

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Thanks for taking a moment.

This redemption does not become mine personally until I hear the good news and then believe the good news. Belief is a requirement for salvation that you do away with by your warped understanding of predestination.
Belief isn't done away with, but rather enabled, if that is the concern. The largest difference, it seems to me, is that God sought us, not we Him. I couldn't seek what was foreign to me.

Romans 10:17 Is it an 'order' or a cause/effect? It is important to our respective theology. Are we 'enabled' to belief? Or is belief our's? The Lord Jesus Christ said He only came for the sick. Was He saying "Everyone is sick!" ? I think He was, but He told the ones who thought they didn't need Him, that they didn't need Him. I think 'the sick' a good point of in depth discussion. Who is sick? Why did the Lord Jesus Christ say the 'well' didn't need Him? -Lon

Truster

You trust in your reformed understanding and even a casual reading of Romans shows that Paul focused on Christian service and duty. These works play no role in my Salvation but they do show that a genuine conversion has occurred. Works under the gospel are non-meritorious. Works under all false gospels are meritorious. You reject all works and so are left with half the gospel.

I have not said that I reject all works. Why do you people insist on putting words into my mouth.

Most people work hard to earn a living. I don't. I'm a consultant and all I do is advise people. I do get paid for it so it must be work, but when anyone asks me what do for a living, I say nothing really I just talk occasionally. Other people (the legal team) do all the work. I spend about 8-10 hours a week at it so is it really work?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Yes, everyone who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior with word and deeds will inter into God's kingdom.

Truster

I have read much of what Luther wrote and I must admire his stance at the Diet of Worms. When you say heirs do you mean instigators or initiators?

Epoisses

It is a disagreement over what, when. I don't think you or I, wrong or right, can affect that. The Reformed believe that God wouldn't 'waste' energy after folly (Matthew 7:6), knowing very well, all who will be saved "I have lost none of them." John 6:44 John 14:6 Conversely, you believe anybody can be saved. I believe that as a theoretical possibility, but not what God did. Because the answer is fully within the counsel of God, I think we can have disagreements about it and must ultimately leave the fate of the lost fully in His hands anyway. We are simply trying to gain peace of our own minds over the matter. Some, perhaps you, are also concerned about the lost, but I yet believe it fully in God's hands. It will affect, perhaps your efforts as well as how much you believe the Father will use you to bring another to Him. It is a good concern, but even that has to be individually come to, regarding what we individually do or believe we are responsible for. It seems to me, it is a bit more academic for disagreement so not something that needs to be taken to the mat (sorry for being a bit wordy, I'm trying to meaningfully answer some of your concerns. I wouldn't blame you for a quick proofread rather than in depth once-over).

The Lord's redemptive work can/could save all that call upon the Name. I too believe that He loved the world (whole world) that the ones who call upon Him will be saved. I'm not sure 'potentiality' needs to become a dividing point, even if Open Theists insist on that potentiality as necessary to their theology understanding and stance. Why? Because I can and do believe the potentiality of the Cross. It can save all by sufficiency.

The difference is that I believe 'potentiality' is known to God as 'assuredly.' It has a lot to do with Colossians 1:16-18 John 15:5 regarding HIs Sovereignty and the necessity of these verses to as I understand the extent of God's Sovereignty.
Spoiler

Thanks for taking a moment.

Belief isn't done away with, but rather enabled, if that is the concern. The largest difference, it seems to me, is that God sought us, not we Him. I couldn't seek what was foreign to me.

Romans 10:17 Is it an 'order' or a cause/effect? It is important to our respective theology. Are we 'enabled' to belief? Or is belief our's? The Lord Jesus Christ said He only came for the sick. Was He saying "Everyone is sick!" ? I think He was, but He told the ones who thought they didn't need Him, that they didn't need Him. I think 'the sick' a good point of in depth discussion. Who is sick? Why did the Lord Jesus Christ say the 'well' didn't need Him? -Lon

You can't preach the good news of Salvation to the lost if Christ didn't actually die for them. This why it's important and why Clavinist's misrepresent Christ with their arrogant and holier than thou attitudes like Truster and the like.

Epoisses

I have not said that I reject all works. Why do you people insist on putting words into my mouth.

Most people work hard to earn a living. I don't. I'm a consultant and all I do is advise people. I do get paid for it so it must be work, but when anyone asks me what do for a living, I say nothing really I just talk occasionally. Other people (the legal team) do all the work. I spend about 8-10 hours a week at it so is it really work?

You sell tea for a living just admit it already.