Pastor Robert Jeffress Says Those Who Refuse to Vote in Presidential Election....

drbrumley

So God created the earth and mankind so that Satan could temporarily have custody of it and them?

Satan got his wish in this Presidential election Wiz.

We can go over verse by verse and passage by passage showing what God expects of people when it comes to civil leaders if you would like. Will we find the words "It's a Christian's duty to go out and vote"? Back to that pedophile and heroin analogy: Scripture doesn't have to specifically say certain things to get the message across.

Wow dude, your clueless...

God gave him that authority...or do you deny that too?

Oh wait, there is that authority word....how will you deflect that one wonders...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, YOU said it was a Christian duty to vote, the onus is yours to back what you claimed, we are waiting.

What happens if Christians sit home and do nothing while evil politicians rule?

What happens if you don't defend your home or call 911 when a burglar is breaking in?

What happens if you don't see a doctor for a life threatening disease?

Faith without works is dead.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

Kinda like where He talks about pedophilia and heroin use?

Luke 17:2 covers the first one and this covers the second:

Revelation 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Sorry, but I don't specifically see the words "pedophilia" and "heroin" in those verses.

Perhaps you can come to the conclusion that God is against certain things and wants certain things from His people even though it's not specifically mentioned in Holy Scripture?

Could you do me a favor A4T? I'm enjoying this debate, but there are a couple of Libertarian trolls that are being disruptive. Could you ask a moderator to ban musterion and drbrumley from this thread? (leave ok doser alone, as I've got a dozen more Library jokes to use on him).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What happens if Christians sit home and do nothing while evil politicians rule?

What happens if you don't defend your home or call 911 when a burglar is breaking in?

What happens if you don't see a doctor for a life threatening disease?

Faith without works is dead.

Im sorry, am i suppose to have faith in man? Nope.

Psalm 146:3 Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.

Psalm 60:11 O give us help against the adversary, For deliverance by man is in vain.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in man.

Psalm 118:9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in princes.

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus says the LORD, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind And makes flesh his strength, And whose heart turns away from the LORD.

Waiting for those verses on it being a christian duty to vote.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Sorry, but I don't specifically see the words "pedophilia" and "heroin" in those verses.
heroin is a drug, drugs are covered and the word for them is in greek, read the bible in greek and youll see it. By your argument, you should support homosexuality because that word doesnt exist in hebrew or greek. But we know what it says dont we.

Perhaps you can come to the conclusion that God is against certain things and wants certain things from His people even though it's not specifically mentioned in Holy Scripture?
i havent yet seen a scriptural case for voting and i actually see the opposite in Scripture.

Waiting....

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Im sorry, am i suppose to have faith in man? Nope.

Have faith in men that trust and honor God and His Word. That's why I'm so against a Donald Trump Presidency and you should be too.

Waiting for those verses on it being a christian duty to vote.

It's a given that you won't be voting because I haven't provided a specific verse in Holy Scripture stating the exact words that "it's a Christian's duty to vote".

You won't be voting will you A4T, and if you are, why?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Have faith in men that trust and honor God and His Word. That's why I'm so against a Donald Trump Presidency and you should be too.

It's a given that you won't be voting because I haven't provided a specific verse in Holy Scripture stating the exact words that "it's a Christian's duty to vote".

You won't be voting will you A4T, and if you are, why?

I will be voting, but not for either of them. There is way more on the ballot where i am than them.

drbrumley

Could you do me a favor A4T? I'm enjoying this debate, but there are a couple of Libertarian trolls that are being disruptive. Could you ask a moderator to ban musterion and drbrumley from this thread? (leave ok doser alone, as I've got a dozen more Library jokes to use on him).

LOL!!! You challenged me on another thread so I am engaging you, of course you don't back a thing up, and then want me gone....Me thinks you can't handle it...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

heroine is a drug, drugs are covered and the word for them is in greek, read the bible is greek and youll see it.

You mean you came to the conclusion that Holy Scripture is against recreational heroin use even though it's not specifically mentioned?

By your argument, you should support homosexuality because that word doesnt exist in hebrew or greek. But we know what it says dont we.

Just the opposite. It's quite clear what God's design for human sexuality is (one man, one woman, united in matrimony), he doesn't even need to use the word homosexual to explain it.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

i havent yet seen a scriptural case for voting and i actually see the opposite in Scripture.

Waiting....

So there is somewhere in Scripture where God approves of unrighteous leaders, anarchy and chaos?

Can I see it now, or do I have to wait for numerous other "I'm waiting" posts of yours?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will be voting, but not for either of them. There is way more on the ballot where i am than them.

Why are we arguing? We both know what God expects of our civil leaders (to do good as seen through His eyes). We both know that we have an obligation to our loved ones and friends to do our best to make this a country that embraces God's Word, not mocks it. Voting in Godly men and women is one of 3 ways to do it (strong families and God-fearing Churches is the others that MUST go with the former).

On that note, I'm blogged out for the day.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You mean you came to the conclusion that Holy Scripture is against recreational heroin use even though it's not specifically mentioned?

Just the opposite. It's quite clear what God's design for human sexuality is (one man, one woman, united in matrimony), he doesn't even need to use the word homosexual to explain it.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

So there is somewhere in Scripture where God approves of unrighteous leaders, anarchy and chaos?

Can I see it now, or do I have to wait for numerous other "I'm waiting" posts of yours?

You mean you are waiting for me to make a case on an onus i havent put forth to cover your lack of ability to cite scripture on an issue YOU put forth?

Let me know when you get that scripture and the berean in me will feel confident that i have no 'christian duty' to vote, only a civic one as a taxpayer.

The only 'christian duty' i have is to trust in Him.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why are we arguing? We both know what God expects of our civil leaders (to do good as seen through His eyes). We both know that we have an obligation to our loved ones and friends to do our best to make this a country that embraces God's Word, not mocks it. Voting in Godly men and women is one of 3 ways to do it (strong families and God-fearing Churches is the others that MUST go with the former).

With that i do agree - the debate however was a false claim that we have a christian duty to vote, and by stating such can cause some people to run out and vote for the moral degenerate donald trump as the lessor of 2 evils - like pastor jeffress here is pushing.

It quite frankly is not a "christian" DUTY.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

'Sure are. :)

How are Clinton and Trump on religious liberty? I think they're both pretty good, in that, I don't see either of them as a threat to the freedom of religion, at all.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It [voting for Godly men and women[ quite frankly is not a "christian" DUTY.

What is the duty of a Christian if it isn't to make the world a better place so that Jesus' Word can be heard by all? You do realize that it's because of the type of civil government Islamic countries and communist countries have, Christianity is outlawed?