"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

glorydaz

Please show me where the BIBLE says baptized with the HS other than the two special situations where the bible says in black and white "baptized with the Holy Spirit."

They aren't "special situations". It's how all members of the body of Christ get into HIM. No man can put us IN CHRIST by any act of man....even dunking us under water. God sends His Spirit to dwell in our hearts when we hear and believe the Gospel of Salvation. How that Jesus Christ was crucified, was buried and rose again for our justification. There is nothing we can do except believe. Nothing. It is all the work of the Spirit in us. We are created IN CHRIST by the Spirit as new creatures. I was in the loft of a log cabin when the Holy Spirit came to dwell in me. I was no where near water. Water baptism was for the Jews....it was part of their religion...it is even called John's baptism. Why is that do you think? The churches have carried it on as tradition and some have claimed it's necessary for salvation. That's simply not the case. Instead of digging in your heels, you should consider what you've been shown so far. Do you have any idea what it means to be "crucified with Christ"? Remain open....there's a lot you don't know. Lots of basic stuff from what I can see. No offense intended. Really.

Right Divider

Body part
There is one baptism and it's water. If there is ONLY one, why do we see water baptism everywhere? The Spirit that adds us at water baptism is listed in the previous verse.

4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

These people were told to be baptized and then they would receive the Holy Spirit. Then it says those who were baptized were added and then it says the Lord did the adding. By one Spirit when they were baptized they were added.

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

The only time concern is before and after the cross. Jesus sent out the 12 to save everyone. 3,000 were saved on Pentecost.
You have proven yourself completely impervious to facts and stuck in a different dispensation which God is NOT doing now.

turbosixx

You have proven yourself completely impervious to facts and stuck in a different dispensation which God is NOT doing now.

There is not more than one dispensation since the cross.

Heb. 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Everything is based on Christ. Those on Pentcost heard the gospel and were saved.

Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

The audience has zero bearing on the gospel that saves. Is Christ divided?

glorydaz

There is not more than one dispensation since the cross.

Heb. 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Everything is based on Christ. Those on Pentcost heard the gospel and were saved.

Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

The audience has zero bearing on the gospel that saves. Is Christ divided?

Well, you can parrot what you've heard OR you can actually listen.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No you have not. None of the scriptures you provided say baptized by the Holy Spirit.

Those who have trusted in the work of Christ on the cross alone for salvation have been baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

turbosixx

THE important distinction. :thumb:

If we are to understand what the bible is telling us we can't read into it. For example,

Rom. 6:4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Now it doesn't say HS or water. If there is only one baptism then it should be HS but please explain to me how HS baptism is like his D,B & R.
5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

I can easily see how water baptism is like a death burial and resurrecton.

turbosixx

Those who have trusted in the work of Christ on the cross alone for salvation have been baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Yes, when we are water baptized, the Spirit adds us.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Who does the adding, us. No.

turbosixx

If there is ONE baptism, which baptism is the one baptism Paul is talking about in the chapters leading up to this verse?

1 Cor. 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,

Is Paul describing a water baptism here or a Spirit baptism?

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, when we are water baptized, the Spirit adds us.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Who does the adding, us. No.

I was baptized into the body long before I was water baptized.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If there is ONE baptism, which baptism is the one baptism Paul is talking about in the chapters leading up to this verse?

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

There are obviously two different baptisms in scripture, one with water and one with Spirit.
Why would Paul say that there is one baptism in Eph 4:5?

turbosixx

1 Corinthians 12:13-14 KJV - (my slogan)

I know :)

If there is ONE baptism, which baptism is the one baptism Paul is talking about in the chapters leading up to this verse, water or Spirit?