O'Reilly v Megyn Kelly on "offensive cartoon"

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Drawing false prophet] People who think intentionally drawing offensive pictures... [:sozo2:]

Tell us about how offended you are (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :smokie:

...crickets :chz4brnz: Ga 5:9

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments (Ex 20:4–6).

Our God ~ Chris Tomlin Josh 24:15

drawing-emoticon-vector-686125.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
...crickets :chz4brnz: Ga 5:9

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments (Ex 20:4–6).

Our God ~ Chris Tomlin Josh 24:15

drawing-emoticon-vector-686125.jpg

I never said I was personally offended by it.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Explain why making an image of :CRASH: a false prophet is offensive (your word).

According to Muslims (which is all that matters to your question), you are creating a false idol by making an image of Mohammed. Mohammed was very adamant about the fact that he was not to be worshipped, only Allah is. And by making an image of Mohammed, you create an image of which to devote reverence to. I'm still for people being able to draw a picture of Mohammed if they want and not having to worry about being killed. That's ridiculous. But it IS disrespectful.

I have a Muslim friend, and in college to mess with him I'd draw a stick figure on the dry erase board on his fridge and label it Mohammed. He knew it was a joke, though, and didn't get angry

kmoney

Hall of Fame
How about a cartoon of Jesus kissing Mohammed's feet, would that offend the free speech Christians here???

Being offended isn't really the issue. The issue is being offended and acting violently in return. Christians may be offended by that cartoon but I think you'd be hardpressed to find a Christian who would react with violence or murder.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Being offended isn't really the issue. The issue is being offended and acting violently in return. Christians may be offended by that cartoon but I think you'd be hardpressed to find a Christian who would react with violence or murder.

That may be, but there would be calls not to allow such a competition. Free speech is free speech.