ECT Open Theism debate

glorydaz

You do realize that making the Spirit of GOD out to be evil; be it through doctrine or action, is THE unforgiven sin right? We aren't even to pray for such. Are you aware of that? I'd almost bet you are.

I'm not making the Spirit of God out to be evil. I'm exposing all you hypocrites, who claim you know God, but clearly don't. Since you don't even understand what blaspheming the Spirit is, I remain confident you are not ready to go beyond the milk of the word....if even that.

Now flip on that dusty ole thinkin cap and see if you can't determine why I might have said that to you of all people, or don't. It is on you.

Are you thinking I missed your attempt to belittle me? That's like the little boy trying to make the other kids laugh at his teacher, because she doesn't know the name of his imaginary friend. Poor little fella. You'll need more ammo than that.

Of course I understand why you direct your scorn at me. I actually point out what a fake you are. I certainly won't pretend you're something you're not. Coddling those who resist the preaching of the Gospel saves no one.

Your refusal to hear the Gospel, that is freely preached here on this forum, is on YOU. You aren't too good to hear, and you aren't too smart to hear. You are simply too proud to hear.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I can, and I don't deny it like you do.

That's the difference between you and me.

Hypocrites lie and claim they don't do what they accuse others of doing.

I never claim I am perfect. I just point out you seem to think you can mock others because Jesus called Pharisees names.

And you sure like to call your enemies hypocrite. You better watch out your own speck in your eyes.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Popsbuilder,

You are too gentle to compete in nastiness.

No one can beat GD's nitpicking game.

Just give her a victory.

popsthebuilder

So your claim is that Paul says we are to work for our salvation. Is that correct? Paul says to work it OUT.....let what God has done in you shine forth. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. The very next verse says it is God which worketh in you.....Try actually reading the context.

If we were to read scripture like you like to do, we'd have to ignore Paul's entire Gospel message. Salvation is a Gift. We are saved by grace through faith...not of ourselves....NOT OF WORKS.

Here, show me where Paul is saying we have to work for our salvation. In fact, he says the complete opposite. Therefore, you should know your reading of Phil. 2:12 is in error. Study instead of preach. :chew:

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​
We've been over this too.

The works of the Spirit or the works of GOD; those same works that are done through the body of Christ (the believer) are the same works you think are being spoken against.

All of the writings ascribed to St. Paul; and every other messenger or prophet or apostille and the Word of GOD all speak of the same thing. And that is being conformed to the image like into the Son; being made Holy, and righteous, by the work and Word of GOD.

How is it that so many conflate being conformed to His image and being MADE righteous and holy with staying the same yet worse; in knowing sin?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

I'm not making the Spirit of God out to be evil. I'm exposing all you hypocrites, who claim you know God, but clearly don't. Since you don't even understand what blaspheming the Spirit is, I remain confident you are not ready to go beyond the milk of the word....if even that.

Are you thinking I missed your attempt to belittle me? That's like the little boy trying to make the other kids laugh at his teacher, because she doesn't know the name of his imaginary friend. Poor little fella. You'll need more ammo than that.

Of course I understand why you direct your scorn at me. I actually point out what a fake you are. I certainly won't pretend you're something you're not. Coddling those who resist the preaching of the Gospel saves no one.

Your refusal to hear the Gospel, that is freely preached here on this forum, is on YOU. You aren't too good to hear, and you aren't too smart to hear. You are simply too proud to hear.
If one professes that all one must do is believe in the Christ of GOD, yet too profess that said belief isn't representative of life style then they are saying one can sin freely. In fact you pretty much say just that. So according to your misunderstanding of the writings ascribed to St. Paul; a devout pious believer in GOD who does what they believe the will of GOD to be in their life, yet doesn't understand the physical manifestation of GOD to be the literal eternal fullness of GOD almighty isn't safe, but a mass murderer or dictator or petaphyl can knowingly do all the evil they can muster or be as greedy as they want, or as wholly sick as they fancy, as long as they say with their lips that Jesus is GOD, they are good to go. That is making the Holy Spirit out to be evil.

If one professes that works are of no regard and should be given no effort then they are effectively saying that everyone's fate is sealed before conception and there is nothing any can do for their own sake or the sake of others and that it is wholly up to GOD to save us. That is saying that the masses are predisposed to destruction for the very nature GOD instilled them with by HIS will, which too is wholly evil and making the Spirit of GOD out to be evil.

What excuse will you use when brought to judgement?

popsthebuilder

Popsbuilder,

You are too gentle to compete in nastiness.

No one can beat GD's nitpicking game.

Just give her a victory.
Thanks for the concern, but she couldn't harm me if she was standing in front of me with 10 armed men, and her manifold deception only works to shine light on the Truth, so I will gladly be her plaything. She is only playing herself ultimately.

marhig

No you don't. You haven't a clue what Paul preaches. :nono:
Oh I have, and I'll tell you this, Paul doesn't tell us not to obey Jesus because Jesus only preached to the Jews. And according to Paul, we are the Jews, we are Israel, all those who are the children of God who live through faith, circumcised of the heart, and living by God's will are the true Israel they are the true Jews.

Paul also said that all Israel are not of Israel. And not all are Jews because they are circumcised outwardly. But those who are Jews are circumcised inwardly.

Romans 2

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: BUT HE IS A JEW, WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY: AND CIRCUMCISION OF THAT OF THE HEART, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 9

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. THAT IS, THEY WHICH ARE OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

And further down the chapter

Even us, whom he hath called, NOT THE JEWS ONLY BUT ALSO THE GENTILES? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there SHALL THEY BE CALLED THE CHILDREN OF THE LIVING GOD

So the children of the flesh are not the children of the living God, the children of the living God include all those who truly belong to him, who walk after the Spirit, circumcised of the heart, their flesh not cut away naturally but spiritually, as their hearts are being cleansed by the power of the Holy Spirit. These are those who are the true Jews the true Israel. Who walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh. These are the true children of the living God.

And the seed within them all is Christ.

marhig

Paul can !!! Try dusting off your Bible and reading Romans through Philemon for once. Read slow and absorb and contemplate every word because they come from God. You can do it in about 5 hours over the weekend. The best Christmas present you could ever give yourself.
I think you need to take that advice to yourself Patrick!

marhig

Show me how.
6b26a39ada9cea14a48bf7fd4455be17.jpg

Pops you are on Tapatalk like me, you can't remove thanks here as far as I can see, you have to go to the main site and do it.

marhig

Philippians 2: 12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

(What fool?)

That's exactly what came to my mind too :thumb: :)

marhig

So your claim is that Paul says we are to work for our salvation. Is that correct? Paul says to work it OUT.....let what God has done in you shine forth. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. The very next verse says it is God which worketh in you.....Try actually reading the context.

If we were to read scripture like you like to do, we'd have to ignore Paul's entire Gospel message. Salvation is a Gift. We are saved by grace through faith...not of ourselves....NOT OF WORKS.

Here, show me where Paul is saying we have to work for our salvation. In fact, he says the complete opposite. Therefore, you should know your reading of Phil. 2:12 is in error. Study instead of preach. :chew:

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​
Salvation brings forth good works, if we are not doing the works we are not being saved.

As James said, we show our faith by our works.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Cool I'll try bold tell.me if it works on your end.

I don't use the website because I follow multiple forums using this app on a phone and do not own a standard computer.

Did it work?

Yup. It worked.

And by open in browser, I'm talking about selecting a post, then tapping on the three dots in the top right corner of your screen, and then selecting "open in browser."

popsthebuilder

Yup. It worked.

And by open in browser, I'm talking about selecting a post, then tapping on the three dots in the top right corner of your screen, and then selecting "open in browser."
Ah....thank you for the clarification yet again.

It is hard to just happen across such things. The bold and italics will be most helpful.

Thanks you again, really.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Or, to quote bbcode tags, just bracket them with the noparse tags: [noparse][/noparse]:

- puts a quote box around the text
[BOX][/BOX] - places a box around the text
[YELLOW][/YELLOW] - highlights text as with a yellow highlighter
[COLOR="INSERTCOLORNAMEHERE"][/COLOR] - changes color of text
[B][/B] - bold
[I][/I] - italics
[U][/U] - underline
[STRIKE][/STRIKE] - strikethrough

See them all:
http://theologyonline.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

AMR
Thanks! That's the one I couldn't figure out how to do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the concern, but she couldn't harm me if she was standing in front of me with 10 armed men, and her manifold deception only works to shine light on the Truth, so I will gladly be her plaything. She is only playing herself ultimately.

Ok, I don't know how long you can do that.

she will not stop. She can go on and on...

blessings, brother.