On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since *decent* men don't lust, those who do lust were already perverts.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A man who lacks morals is one that sees raping a woman as a DESERVED consequence. Pervert to the core.

Indeed. It's rather telling that these types of men would need to blame women rather than dealing with the fact that they are just perverts.

Eh, so much for personal responsibility.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What I have seen is that suffering the consequences for one's bad behavior most certainly does cause people to turn to the Lord for His mercy and grace. It's the consequences of evil that cause us to look toward the light.
I never said it can't. I'm saying I don't think God wants to work that way.

I'm one who sees the benefits of spanking our children are ONE of the consequences of bad behavior. It's a punishment as well as a learning tool. Just because we forgive our children, doesn't mean they don't deserve to be spanked. We, as parents, have many other tools at our disposal, and God has even more.
There is a significant difference between you spanking your child and someone raping a girl.

glorydaz

This verse was brought up in defense of it being God's will of women being raped.
Zechariah 14:2 KJV
(2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Not a good defense for a standard of society concerning rape at all, now is it?

That verse was only used to show that God does allow rape as a punishment.....nothing more.

Especially considering that God allows both good and bad things to happen to both the just and the unjust.

We see here that's talking about how we are all children of God and His love is for all men equally.

Matt. 5 (44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?​

BUT, that does not take away the principle of reaping what we sow right here in this life. Any more than the law of gravity takes away the law of "like begetting like" or "times and seasons".

We get back to the fact that there are consequences in this life for our behavior. The unjust are drawn from the darkness to the light when they suffer the consequences for their bad behavior in this life.

The just are chastened in this life as sons. We reap what we sow....chastening for our bad behavior.

Heb. 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: (6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.​

Even when not being chastened, God is able to use our suffering for His own purposes of growth and for us to be able to comfort others.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; (4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope:​

2 Cor. 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.​

glorydaz

A man who lacks morals is one that sees raping a woman as a DESERVED consequence. Pervert to the core.

I don't lack morals....nor am I a pervert, and I do believe that all of us deserve WHATEVER the Lord allows to come upon us for our bad behavior. Rape is no exception.

What I fail to understand is why anyone is called a pervert for believing as I do. That's wrong. It's wrong and it's false.

ClimateSanity

I don't lack morals....nor am I a pervert, and I do believe that all of us deserve WHATEVER the Lord allows to come upon us for our bad behavior. Rape is no exception.

What I fail to understand is why anyone is called a pervert for believing as I do. That's wrong. It's wrong and it's false.

Its disgusting and he should be banned for a least a month for that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I forgot pathetic and unappealing. The only type of men who would rape would have to be perverted, pathetic and flat out unappealing.

Their own low self esteem contributes for their violent nature and lack of self control.

glorydaz

Oh, I forgot pathetic and unappealing. The only type of men who would rape would have to be perverted, pathetic and flat out unappealing.

Their own low self esteem contributes for their violent nature and lack of self control.

Uh oh.....she's back to having rape on the brain.

No one has ever said the rapist is a good guy. I'm not sure why the rapist is the only one who ever gets any attention. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
“Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth and it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there.”

― Kurt Cobain

Interestingly enough, as flawed of a man as Kurt was, he was man enough to recognize that those who condone or promote rape are the source of the problem.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
“over and over victims are blamed for their assaults. and when we imply that victims bring on their own fates - whether to make ourselves feel more efficacious or to make the world seem just - we prevent ourselves from taking the necessary precautions to protect ourselves. Why take precautions? We deny the trauma could easily have happened to us. And we also hurt the people already traumatized. Victims are often already full of self-doubt, and we make recovery harder by laying inspectors blame on them.”
― Anna C. Salter, Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists, And Other Sex Offenders

ClimateSanity

Uh oh.....she's back to having rape on the brain.

No one has ever said the rapist is a good guy. I'm not sure why the rapist is the only one who ever gets any attention. :think:

Don't you understand? I'm a man who has dared speak on the subject and has dared to take a forbidden view. The only possible reason for it is that I cannot wait to rape someone. Sarc...for those who are literal.

Status
Not open for further replies.