Obama's solution to muslims murdering Americans? Disarm the victims

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just a hunch, Paul Ryan does nothing about it. Including not exercising constitutional authority to charge him with his crimes.

theophilus

I seem to remember a bit, "if guns are outlawed; only outlaws will have guns."

And..."when seconds count; the cops are minutes away."

:think:

musterion

It's never about stopping crime. It's about state control of property, resources, wealth, belief, thought and life itself. Nobody with a functioning brain can deny that anymore. If they do, they're lying.

theophilus

Ever.

They don't need or want our guns. In fact it's better if we have them, far as the powers that be are concerned.

Maybe I'm a skeptic.

:)

Aside from the "ever" portion of your statements I tend to agree as an armed citizenry is a deterrent to many potential crimes.

As a "graduate" of the 3rd Infantry Division I'm keeping mine as long as I can.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Maybe I'm a skeptic.

:)

Aside from the "ever" portion of your statements I tend to agree as an armed citizenry is a deterrent to many potential crimes.

As a "graduate" of the 3rd Infantry Division I'm keeping mine as long as I can.

The sky's been falling since at least the Sixties and gun ownership's more secure now than ever before. They're not coming for anyone's guns and don't want or need them.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Ever.

They don't need

Obviously :plain:

or want our guns.

:nono: Well....I don't suppose that they want ownership for themselves, but I think it's pretty safe to say that they really don't like the idea of us having them either.

In fact it's better if we have them, far as the powers that be are concerned.

You keep saying this....I'm intrigued....What is your reasoning (the abridged version is fine)?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well....I don't suppose that they want ownership for themselves, but I think it's pretty safe to say that they really don't like the idea of us having them either.

The idea of widespread gun ownership doesn't seem to faze them at all, and it shouldn't. American gun ownership has posed zero threat to the powers that be and hasn't checked a single step of their agenda, and I don't see that changing any time soon. The idea of widespread armed insurrection, organized or otherwise, is a fantasy.

You keep saying this....I'm intrigued....What is your reasoning (the abridged version is fine)?

For one, the fact that we keep shooting each other up keeps the public on edge and serves to justify the ever-increasing militarization of law enforcement.

For another, armed citizens--be they Tea Party types, Oath Keepers, open carry advocates, and other assorted hooligans--are useful idiots. Armed protests outside mosques, for example, are a form of theater and thuggery that play into the old scam of setting the public against one another and ratcheting paranoia and strife.

And finally, gun ownership provides the very useful illusion of freedom.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The idea of widespread gun ownership doesn't seem to faze them at all, and it shouldn't. American gun ownership has posed zero threat to the powers that be and hasn't checked a single step of their agenda, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

True :plain:

The idea of widespread armed insurrection, organized or otherwise, is a fantasy.

True as well....As I have pointed out before, if there is not a State Legislature and Governor backing it, any armed attempt to do so would be quickly crushed as "Domestic Terrorism".

For one, the fact that we keep shooting each other up keeps the public on edge and serves to justify the ever-increasing militarization of law enforcement.

For another, armed citizens--be they Tea Party types, Oath Keepers, open carry advocates, and other assorted hooligans--are useful idiots. Armed protests outside mosques, for example, are a form of theater and thuggery that play into the old scam of setting the public against one another and ratcheting paranoia and strife.

And finally, gun ownership provides the very useful illusion of freedom.

I can't deny any of that. I think that you are giving them more credit than they are due though. The "Real Owners" (as George Carlin referred to them) may be on this page in their proverbial "smoke filled back rooms", but the Government bureaucrats and elected officials?....Nah. :nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
True as well....As I have pointed out before, if there is not a State Legislature and Governor backing it, any armed attempt to do so would be quickly crushed as "Domestic Terrorism".

Or wouldn't get off the ground. Or would be misguided. (We have a remarkable knack for getting angry with the wrong people.) Or actually would be unjustifiable and terrorism. But the idea of "patriots" shooting us all to "freedom" is simply not serious.

And let's assume, for argument's sake, that a few of these guys decide to get "serious," or as serious as they know how. What would it look like? Well, we know already.

I'll put it this way: Take any of Tim McVeigh's rhetoric, independent of what the man eventually did, and ask any of the "patriots" in the groups I mentioned what specifically they disagree with and why. If anything, he was well ahead of the curve. The only thing they (might) quibble about would be McVeigh's tactics, in that children were among his victims, and even then, there'd be plenty of folks still ready to defend everything he did.

I can't deny any of that. I think that you are giving them more credit than they are due though. The "Real Owners" (as George Carlin referred to them) may be on this page in their proverbial "smoke filled back rooms", but the Government bureaucrats and elected officials?....Nah. :nono:

At a lower level those bureaucrats are looking out for their pensions. They almost always get with the program. These are not boat rockers, by definition.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only thing they (might) quibble about would be McVeigh's tactics, in that children were among his victims, and even then, there'd be plenty of folks still ready to defend everything he did.

Tim McVeigh is a leftist who didn't view Clinton as going far enough. He didn't need Ruby Ridge. He was Obama and the Weathermen on a bigger scale. McVeigh learned his tactics from the muslims. Nichols went to the PI to learn how they built the truck bomb used for al-Qaeda's first attempt at bring down the World Trade Center.

The point? Obama is not trying to stop muslims/leftists/anarchists, only those on the right who want to defend themselves from said heathens.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Tim McVeigh is a leftist who didn't view Clinton as going far enough.

What?

You seriously have no idea what the world you're talking about. At all. This statement of yours is so at odds with reality it's not even wrong anymore. It's beyond that.