NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dallas Cowboy and former Nebraska stand out and trouble maker Randy Gregory popped hot on another drug test and will be suspended 4 games. He tested positive for marijuana at the combine, so this should not be a surprise. He was productive when he was on the field. He just wasn't on the field enough.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dallas Cowboy and former Nebraska stand out and trouble maker Randy Gregory popped hot on another drug test and will be suspended 4 games. He tested positive for marijuana at the combine, so this should not be a surprise. He was productive when he was on the field. He just wasn't on the field enough.
:think: Weed related injuries? Like burnt fingertips...that sort of thing?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Combine is this week. I will post things worth posting. Like defensive linemen turning a 4.8 and 30 reps. Or tall corners that tear it up in the 3 cone and 40.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The physicals and interviews are going on. 300 plus personnel takes time to talk to, even at just 15 minutes.
I don't trust combines...and yet, when they're on I'm watching. :plain: This year I'm spared that particular having hacked the sat. cord in twain.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mike Golic went on this morning about it, and I thought it was pretty good. He pointed out how they are being trained for a stance in the 40 yard dash, of which they will never do again in their life. And yet, it is a week long interview, and they need to treat it as such.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mike Golic went on this morning about it, and I thought it was pretty good. He pointed out how they are being trained for a stance in the 40 yard dash, of which they will never do again in their life. And yet, it is a week long interview, and they need to treat it as such.
You know, that's been a thing I've wondered about for a while. I'd think guys with track experience would gain a distorting benefit. Have guys line up the way they would on the field and see how fast they move from that position. More applicable, I'd think.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know, that's been a thing I've wondered about for a while. I'd think guys with track experience would gain a distorting benefit. Have guys line up the way they would on the field and see how fast they move from that position. More applicable, I'd think.

Paul Brown is gone, and apparently so is innovation. According to NFL legend, the 40 is his baby. The longest play is kickoff and the punt, and they rarely sprint further. I doubt he had them in track stances.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Derrick Henry and Zeke Elliot can both be 10,000 yard rushers barring injury. In the game of "reminds me" Henry is similar to Eddie George in both size, speed, and running style. He ran two 4.54 unofficially at 247 lbs and he is muscular. NFL.com has it a 4.45, which is not what the NFL network showed. Either way, he is strong and fast.

Elliot ran 4.46. He reminds me of none other than Walter Payton. He does it all. Urban Meyer says he is a violent blocker. I watched a bunch of his games (and Henry) and he is a great pass blocker. He also catches passes and doesn't drop them. He makes cuts and like Henry can run through arm tackles.

Seldom used Georgia back (behind Gurley and Chub) Keith Marshall ran 4.29 followed by 4.31. NFL.com has it unofficial at 4.27.

There was a lot of speed this year with 9 backs running under 4.50. Gronk's youngest brother ran with the "running backs" and turned in 4.71. He won't be carrying the ball in the NFL.

Laremy Tusnil (OT) did not run or do the bench press. Of course his game film is fantastic. He will do both at his pro-day. He might be sore or tweaked. He looked good in shorts in the drills. Brian Billick was a guest analysis and says Tunsil is the player we think he is. He was also high on Big Ten tackles Jack Conklin and Taylor Decker.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Derrick Henry and Zeke Elliot can both be 10,000 yard rushers barring injury. In the game of "reminds me" Henry is similar to Eddie George in both size, speed, and running style. He ran two 4.54 unofficially at 247 lbs and he is muscular. NFL.com has it a 4.45, which is not what the NFL network showed. Either way, he is strong and fast.

Elliot ran 4.46. He reminds me of none other than Walter Payton. He does it all. Urban Meyer says he is a violent blocker. I watched a bunch of his games (and Henry) and he is a great pass blocker. He also catches passes and doesn't drop them. He makes cuts and like Henry can run through arm tackles.

Seldom used Georgia back (behind Gurley and Chub) Keith Marshall ran 4.29 followed by 4.31. NFL.com has it unofficial at 4.27.

There was a lot of speed this year with 9 backs running under 4.50. Gronk's youngest brother ran with the "running backs" and turned in 4.71. He won't be carrying the ball in the NFL.

Laremy Tusnil (OT) did not run or do the bench press. Of course his game film is fantastic. He will do both at his pro-day. He might be sore or tweaked. He looked good in shorts in the drills. Brian Billick was a guest analysis and says Tunsil is the player we think he is. He was also high on Big Ten tackles Jack Conklin and Taylor Decker.
I feel badly for Henry. He's basking in the head case glow of Richardson and the which way to the buffet troubles of Eddie Lacy.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought Richardson was going to be better. Not so much for the others. Henry is clearly better. His biggest issue is that the NFL isn't accommodating his abilities.
Richardson was a beast, but turned into a head case. Henry should be find, though I'm not wild about upright runners as a rule. Lacy, sans weight, is a bigger, stronger version of our first Heisman winner, who has found his niche in New Orleans, or vice versa.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't trust combines....

It is overhyped by ESPN and the NFL's media arm. As Mike Golic had said, it is part of a process. Sometimes well known players do not participate. No reason to hurt draft stock by having a fast player look slow in a goofy stance. The fastest player at the combine ran fast, but much slower than Notre Dame's Will Fuller in the 40. Fuller ran an unofficial 4.32 followed by a 4.35. And a less known player who ran a 10.06 100m could only cut a 4.40 and 4.45.

And I don't think Henry is an early or even first round pick. Early to mid second round. He could go late in the first to a really good team.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is overhyped by ESPN and the NFL's media arm. As Mike Golic had said, it is part of a process. Sometimes well known players do not participate. No reason to hurt draft stock by having a fast player look slow in a goofy stance. The fastest player at the combine ran fast, but much slower than Notre Dame's Will Fuller in the 40. Fuller ran an unofficial 4.32 followed by a 4.35. And a less known player who ran a 10.06 100m could only cut a 4.40 and 4.45.

And I don't think Henry is an early or even first round pick. Early to mid second round. He could go late in the first to a really good team.
I love Henry, but unless you have a glaring need at the position I wouldn't take a rb in the first round. Now if you had a rb with Henry's ability and proven soft hands (though I think Henry will surprise on the point for many) I'd rethink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.