NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Nuggets and Broncos have always had one of the best home field advantages in all of sports. Only when the Nuggets have been really bad do the numbers get skewed. It is physiological. You really think Denver has 4th quarter comebacks at home because John Elway somehow figured out how to play in the 4th quarter and didn't know how in the first 3?

Looking up pro-reference.com, which is a statistical site with team won-loss and individual state, Elway had 33 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drive in Mile High Stadium, and only 17 on the road.

Joe Montana has 34 4QCB/GMD of which 23 were away leaving only 11 at home. Naturally Montana has fewer comebacks as he took care of business in the first 3 quarters.

I am not picking on Elway (this time), he had a huge home field advantage as the Broncos always do.

The Steeler's Ryan Clark couldn't even go to Denver when the Steelers played Denver because of his Sickle Cell Trait.

The last time Clark played in Denver it cost him his spleen, gallbladder, 30 pounds, and the rest of the 2007 season.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nevertheless, the Packers (who I don't dislike) played much worse than many of the teams that have played in Denver this year. They got a beat down!

Oh. So you were emoting. I get it now. This is why Vegas has a line.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmm? Are you saying the Broncos were the favorite? I thought the Packers were the HEAVY favorite.

Vegas has a line because people make emotional decisions. Get it now? They mix what they want to happen with what they think can happen and lose money.

drbrumley

My top 10 this week .......

1. New England
2. Denver
3. Green Bay
4. Cincinnati
5. Carolina
6. Seattle
7. Atlanta
8. Arizona
9. Pittsburgh
10. Indianapolis
Honorable mention: Dallas

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My top 10 this week .......

1. New England
2. Denver
3. Green Bay
4. Cincinnati
5. Carolina
6. Seattle
7. Atlanta
8. Arizona
9. Pittsburgh
10. Indianapolis
Honorable mention: Dallas

Hard to argue with most of the list and the order.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is a shame Granite is in the slammer, he could celebrate the (predictable) destruction of the Dolphins last night.

Trust me, I did anyway.:chuckle:

So I wanna know where Peyton Manning's been hiding this whole time. Or was that performance Sunday night just a fluke? He looked like the vintage Peyton who terrorized the NFL at will. And Green Bay looked outcoached and outplayed in absolutely every phase. Hard to believe Rodgers was turned into a total non-factor.

Quetzal

So I wanna know where Peyton Manning's been hiding this whole time. Or was that performance Sunday night just a fluke? He looked like the vintage Peyton who terrorized the NFL at will. And Green Bay looked outcoached and outplayed in absolutely every phase. Hard to believe Rodgers was turned into a total non-factor.
Not just Peyton, but their defense performed like rock stars. I have not seen Aaron and the boys so frustrated in quite a while.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Denver is also pretty excited about Vernon Davis, thoughts? (Aside from the fact that Davis is over the moon to be on a team that isn't terrible :chuckle: )

Eh, I think Davis is a decent player, never really lived up to his potential. Don't see him as a game changer.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Steroids. It is obvious he has deteriorated physically in a short time. There is probably a barely NFL legal cocktail they are shooting into his legs. He isn't the first, nor anywhere near the last. Just a guess.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Steroids. It is obvious he has deteriorated physically in a short time. There is probably a barely NFL legal cocktail they are shooting into his legs. He isn't the first, nor anywhere near the last. Just a guess.

I dunno. Maybe. He was coming off a bye and was probably pretty sick of hearing about how he was done and washed up. Again, he could revert right away (although I doubt he will against the Colts this Sunday). Once it's cold, we'll see. That Pats match up in a few weeks is looming huge.

I will say, every time I see a defender get close to Manning I wince. The old hoss is one hit away from a very bad day. He literally can't try a QB sneak. It might actually kill him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How bad of a beating do the Browns take tonight? Dalton has inexplicable losses to the Clowns at an alarming rate. All he has to do is not crash the Cadillac, and he has done that this year. Does he do it tonight? This was a discussion on Mike and Mike this morning. I was privileged enough to sit around and drink coffee and watch the tube this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.