NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The NFL doesn't because of political gain when Brown humiliated the league.

Huh?

Jim Brown didn't play for the Browns until 1957.

That was long after the NFL didn't recognize the AAFL.

Jim Brown had nothing to do with it.

Jim Brown won one championship with Cleveland in 1964. Jim Brown was not on the teams that went to six straight NFL championships and four straight AAFL championships.

You do, because it is Cleveland and you are Pittsburgh.

I can assure you that not one Steeler's fan here in Pittsburgh is jealous of the Cleveland Browns.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Me too. I think we match up better against the Packers. Seattle just scares me.:noway:
Yeah, but you'll give them match up problems. Gronk is the wild card. And you have the defense to keep them close while you exploit it. I like your chances against them...Green Bay...I actually think that would be the harder game, because it would become a track meet and I'm not sure that pace favors your guys for four quarters. More of a coin toss and who has the ball last there.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Does anyone think the Colts have even the slimmest chance of winning against the Pats?

Yes. A slim chance. In fact I think they keep it very competitive in the first half.

Eventually Luck's gong to figure out a Belichick defense. But not on Sunday.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes. A slim chance. In fact I think they keep it very competitive in the first half.

Eventually Luck's gong to figure out a Belichick defense. But not on Sunday.

Well, I guess the good news for you and all the other Patriot's fans, is if the Patriots beat the Colts, the NY Giants won't be in the Super Bowl this year.

The Berean

Huh?

Jim Brown didn't play for the Browns until 1957.

That was long after the NFL didn't recognize the AAFL.

Jim Brown had nothing to do with it.

Jim Brown won one championship with Cleveland in 1964. Jim Brown was not on the teams that went to six straight NFL championships and four straight AAFL championships.

I can assure you that not one Steeler's fan here in Pittsburgh is jealous of the Cleveland Browns.
Nick is talking about Paul Brown I'm pretty sure. :p

480px-paulbrown.jpg

The Berean

:plain:

Don't forget, Tet's NFL history book starts with the AFL merger, not before.

I think that's because from 1933 to 1971 the Steelers had just 6 winning seasons and just one playoff game (which they lost). :chuckle: Chuck Noll arrived in 1969 and it took him four years to get it going. Franco Harris' Immaculate Reception actually gave the Steelers their first playoff win in franchise history if you can believe that. Since 1972 the Steelers have been one of the NFL signature franchises of course.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since 1972 the Steelers have been one of the NFL signature franchises of course.

They have been a lot more than just a "signature" franchise since 1972. They have been "the" franchise since the merger.

Since the merger in 1970 no team has as many Super Bowl wins, division titles, regular season wins, postseason wins, playoff berths, AFC Championship appearances, or winning seasons than the Steelers.

The Berean

They have been a lot more than just a "signature" franchise since 1972. They have been "the" franchise since the merger.

Since the merger in 1970 no team has as many Super Bowl wins, division titles, regular season wins, postseason wins, playoff berths, AFC Championship appearances, or winning seasons than the Steelers.

Alright, alright, I'll give you that. The Steelers have been the most successful NFL franchise since 1972. Happy now? :cheers:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alright, alright, I'll give you that. The Steelers have been the most successful NFL franchise since 1972. Happy now? :cheers:

Your 49'ers aren't far behind, and if they didn't have two really long cold spells from 1973-1980 and 2003-2010 they would probably have better numbers than the Steelers.

Both the Steelers and 49'ers have appeared in 15 Conference Championship Games since the merger. That's more than any other teams.

The 49'ers weren't as bad as the Steelers prior to the merger, but they weren't much better. The 49'ers only made the playoffs once from 1950 - 1969 (20 seasons), and they lost that lone playoff game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would be if I were you. Seattle's defense has been scary good lately. :noid:

I really, really don't want them to win again.
I still think they're living off last year's reputation. Who'd they beat up lately? The headless Cardinals? The Rams? Carolina? The hapless Niners gave them a fight.

Look at their schedule. How many playoff teams on it? What do those games look like? A solid win in week one against the Pack then...A six point hold your breath home win against Denver, a loss to the Cowboys, a narrow win against Carolina away and what?

The team that goes in realizing that and keeps its composure, at this level, is a team that can beat them...though Dallas had better swagger for that particular and on the road.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
nearly one out of three starting quarterbacks are over paid
what is it like to coach someone making four or five times your salary?
you need a coach
and
the quarterback is not the coach

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
fantasy football is heresy
it promotes the individual star at the expense of the team
your theology should tell you that

Status
Not open for further replies.