my thoughts re KY clerk Davis.. no bail!

republicanchick

The fact that she doesn't refuse to issue licenses for *other* sexually immoral couples makes her inconsistent ...

up.

maybe in her religion homosexuality is worse than divorce... Most people tend to feel that way

bottom line:

She has a right to her religion
_

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
yes, it is pretty difficult to change the past

can it be done?
One's life can be made new (Ga 6:15) but he still lives with the consequences of his sin (2 Sa 12:14-31).

"Sin will take you farther than you ever expected to go; it will keep you longer than you ever intended to stay, and it will cost you more than you ever expected to pay." ~ Deeper Still Event Series

The Berean

No need for such dishonesty. I have never condoned adultery. It's rather interesting that you wouldn't agree that IF she were consistent, she would refuse to issue marriage licenses to adulterers or those having sex out of wedlock.

How would she know if a couple applying for a marriage license had committed adultery or fornication? :idunno: Would she have to ask them or investigate them? With a homosexual couple it's obvious they are homosexual.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How would she know if a couple applying for a marriage license had committed adultery or fornication?

IF it were truly about not wishing to have her signature endorse sin, she would have asked.

OR ... what if it were a heterosexual couple applying for a license and the woman was very much pregnant?

How would she not be endorsing their premarital sex? She is not being consistent.

Personally, I don't believe she should be fined or serve a day in jail, however, she should definitely lose her job.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
IF it were truly about not wishing to have her signature endorse sin, she would have asked.

OR ... what if it were a heterosexual couple applying for a license and the woman was very much pregnant?

How would she not be endorsing their premarital sex? She is not being consistent.

Personally, I don't believe she should be fined or serve a day in jail, however, she should definitely lose her job.

yeah, you're right about the consistency things. and getting fired/terminated is a no brainer. she can be fired for multiple infractions: performance of duties is just one. in MO it's a fire at will state, they don't need a reason.

yes, what about pre-marital or previously divorced folks re-marrying. what about divorces period, did she sign off on those ? maybe a different clerk -

she deserves jail if she knew the consequences. her actions and stance do nothing for her standing with God. this incident means nothing to God

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha

yeah, you're right about the consistency things. and getting fired/terminated is a no brainer. she can be fired for multiple infractions: performance of duties is just one. in MO it's a fire at will state, they don't need a reason.

yes, what about pre-marital or previously divorced folks re-marrying. what about divorces period, did she sign off on those ? maybe a different clerk -

she deserves jail if she knew the consequences. her actions and stance do nothing for her standing with God. this incident means nothing to God

(But patrick jane's constant defense of homosexuality does mean something to God).

I didn't know that publicly elected officials could be "fired". Tell us how the "firing" process works.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She absolutely does. And if her religion is at odds with the state, then she should not work for the state. It's not that hard to figure out, is it?

Interesting that they can't just find a way to throw her out of her job. Why throw her in jail? :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Interesting that they can't just find a way to throw her out of her job. Why throw her in jail? :idunno:

Apparently she's an elected official and can only be removed by an impeachment process

I'll bet she's in a union! :sibbie:

ok doser

From what I've heard, it requires the legislature and they're all out coon hunting

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bottom line is that being a homo is wrong. It's bad for society, but especially bad for the homos themselves. So one should not endorse the lifestyle by allowing them to pretend like they can be part of society.

As for marrying people that are fornicators... marrying does not necessarily make the problem worse for the couple, and can possibly help matters (and society).

ok doser

The bottom line is that being a homo is wrong. It's bad for society, but especially bad for the homos themselves. So one should not endorse the lifestyle by allowing them to pretend like they can be part of society.

:first: