ECT Must one "go to church" to be with God?

Must one "go to church" to be with God?

• Yes, but only if it is my particular location. God is found only where I attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andyc

Nope.

Nope.

Do you agree with Calvin's wanting to see Mike Servetus die? Huh? HUH!?!? Well DOYA?!!11

Or do you agree only with some of the things Calvin believed, said and did?

(Am I playing your Associative Guilt/Well Poisoning game right?)

How to divert sincere questions, because of laziness to research what he's actually quoting.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul also says that to be reconciled with Christ you must be perseverant in faith and steadfast in the hope of the gospel.(Colossians 1:23. I'm not able to judge if my perseverance and my hope in the gospel are sufficient.

We are already reconciled to God by the death of his Son.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

You are taking Colossians 1:23 out of context.

The context is not salvation, but being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), who are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10 KJV) to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.