More liberal censorship

Arthur Brain

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
He [ok doser] usually directs those accusations towards me (as well as asking if I beat my children after I molest them), and I don't even defend the LGBTQ movement like you do Art.

Let's just say that I get suspicious of a person's sexual interests when that person will not belittle the child molesting/indoctrinating homosexual movement, nor will he, when in at least a half of a dozen scenarios, tell sexually confused/gender confused youth that homosexuality is wrong and attempt to help them overcome their sexual and/or gender confusion.

Oh and Art, while ok doser has his problems, I wasn't talking about him in the above paragraph.

What, you mean your increasingly demented scenarios including Air Force One that looked as though they'd been written on crack? What was coming up next, someone gets a lift in the popemobile?

I'm not going to patronize or lie to kids and tell them to get bogus therapy that won't "cure" them from homosexuality.

And you're not "suspicious", you're just being a crank.

MrDante

Hate speech isn't illegal in the US- the Supreme Court has never even entertained a notion of making laws against it. And the reasoning is very simple- it's tyranny of the majority on the very level which the Founding Fathers meant to deter in the first place, which is why there is nothing more to interpret the article.

The Supreme Court doesn't make laws

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So your claim that calling someone a "breeder" is hate speech or prejudicial action is just wrong. :dunce:

yes - but the larger point being it goes all the way around. If faggot is hate speech, so is breeder, if attacking someone because they are white is violent bigotry and prejudice, so is attacking someone because they are black, etc...

Feel free to pretend you dont understand what im saying, though.

MrDante

yes - but the larger point being it goes all the way around. If faggot is hate speech, so is breeder, if attacking someone because they are white is violent bigotry and prejudice, so is attacking someone because they are black, etc...

Feel free to pretend you dont understand what im saying, though.

I think you have to be pretty thin skinned or desperate for an example of some form of personal attack to be bothered by being called "breeder". It isn't an attack and heterosexuals aren't the objects of hate or the target of derogatory names.

Calling someone "faggot" isn't hate speech, it just marks you as a bigot, and not a terribly bright one at that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think you have to be pretty thin skinned or desperate for an example of some form of personal attack to be bothered by being called "breeder". It isn't an attack and heterosexuals aren't the objects of hate or the target of derogatory names.

Im not bothered by it a bit. I suffer from no artificial guilt in no area and could care less what im called.

Calling someone "faggot" isn't hate speech, it just marks you as a bigot, and not a terribly bright one at that.
Who did i call a faggot? Seems you arent so bright if that is what you read.

To the name calling -its the same thing as someone who is bothered by being called a faggot to call someone a breeder. No more or less derogatory or attempted to be.
Fill in the blanks with other names directed at other people, its the same, no matter how emotional you are about it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Supreme Court doesn't make laws

That's not what I saying, you insufferable know it all.

In every case the Supreme Court has taken with implications of hate speech, a Justice has outright dismissed such. People have gone to the Supreme Court to plead laws on hate speech, and have been turned away.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What, you mean your increasingly demented scenarios including Air Force One that looked as though they'd been written on crack? What was coming up next, someone gets a lift in the popemobile?...

You really need to start staying more in tune with the so-called 'community' that you defend Art:

Accused child rapist and Human Rights Campaign founder Terry Bean is a huge financial backer of Obama and has flown with him on Air Force One.

Being that Obama was a queer back in his Chicago days (and still very well might be one), I'm not sure if he made special arrangements to have 15 year old boys serve as flight attendants so that Bean would feel at home or not.

rexlunae

Hate speech isn't illegal in the US- the Supreme Court has never even entertained a notion of making laws against it.

Hate speech may not be illegal in the US, but it's banned on Facebook. Facebook's censorship policies are, in their turn, part of Facebook's free speech. They aren't obligated to post any hateful material their users wish to post, just as TOL isn't obligated to publish anyone's posts.

And the reasoning is very simple- it's tyranny of the majority on the very level which the Founding Fathers meant to deter in the first place, which is why there is nothing more to interpret the article.

You want to post things Facebook doesn't allow? Go find a different social media platform. Or scream it into a paper bag. Whatever gets you the most views.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Hate speech may not be illegal in the US, but it's banned on Facebook. Facebook's censorship policies are, in their turn, part of Facebook's free speech. They aren't obligated to post any hateful material their users wish to post, just as TOL isn't obligated to publish anyone's posts.

You want to post things Facebook doesn't allow? Go find a different social media platform. Or scream it into a paper bag. Whatever gets you the most views.

Cool story, what makes you think I wouldn't know that :rolleyes:

It's annoying how subservient you liberals are to everything.

MrDante

Im not bothered by it a bit. I suffer from no artificial guilt in no area and could care less what im called.
so that leaves desperate for an example of some form of personal attack.

Who did i call a faggot? Seems you arent so bright if that is what you read.

You said this was "right wing nuttery" it looks like fag wanna be 'hate crime' for sympathy victim to me...

Fag who wants to be famous (online personality)
Who wants sympathy and support for being a pervert (gay)
Wants to capitalize on the Orlando massacre to generate even more fame and notoriety