More leftist hypocrisy, nicely illustrated

Greg Jennings

So the organism was previously not human? And then turned into a human?

"Science" determined this?

You're talking crazy, dude.

What contradiction is there? Since when was organism synonymous with human?

A sperm cell or a ball of cells is not a human. But it can potentially become human. If that's truly over your head, then we have little to discuss

Right Divider

Body part
If by "little one" you mean a fetal human prior to 22 weeks of development, then yes. For reasons that you glossed over in the post you quoted
No, I did not "gloss over" anything.

Your problem is that you make yourself the measure of all things.

You make yourself the master of all things, deciding who deserves to live and who deserves to die.

glassjester

A sperm cell or a ball of cells is not a human. But it can potentially become human. If that's truly over your head, then we have little to discuss

Man, you talk like you don't know what an organism is.

A zygote is a human organism. A living human organism.
A sperm cell is not.

A sperm cell is not an individual human.
A fetus is.

Very, very basic scientific fact.

Right Divider

Body part

glassjester

So are you saying the human fetus is an organism, but not a human organism?
Then please explain - what type of organism is it, if not human?

I encourage you to appeal only to the "best scientific" data available, rather than your own biases.

What type of organism is the human fetus, if not a human organism?
I truly look forward to your answer.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Your assignation of right is arbitrary (as is any) and cannot be argued as a rational necessity. Our compact has recognized, foundationally, the idea of right and its vestment as an absolute, and the inability of our compact to alienate that right absent actions that are outside the possible in our consideration. Within the recognition that we cannot demonstrate a necessary point of vestment and the principle that the point exists and is inviolate lies the argument against abortion.

Greg Jennings

No, it can potentially complete its potential in development. Your assignation of right is arbitrary (as is any). It isn't like sperm or your blood, which isolated have reached theirs. The unborn, from conception, are more than that. The rest is argument and the laying of subjective valuation. So you can believe that being less than the fruition of potential lessens and that's your right, but it isn't an objective truth.

As a compact, we have set the idea of right and its vestment, the inability of our compact to alienate right absent actions outside the possible in our consideration. Within the recognition that we cannot demonstrate a necessary point of vestment and the principle that the point exists lies the argument against abortion.
That seems fair.

By our new standard, a gamete is human, however. That still doesn't jive with reality

Greg Jennings

So are you saying the human fetus is an organism, but not a human organism?
Then please explain - what type of organism is it, if not human?
Organism is just another word for "living thing." There's no other connotation I'm attaching to it

I encourage you to appeal only to the "best scientific" data available, rather than your own biases.
Mmhmm....because I'm the one who came up with 22 weeks, not scientists who know better. (That's sarcasm)

What type of organism is the human fetus, if not a human organism?
I truly look forward to your answer.
It's just an organism. The same as a mushroom or a bacterium or a human or a waterbear or a caterpillar or an oak tree or an alligator.......

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That seems fair.

By our new standard, a gamete is human, however. That still doesn't jive with reality
I went back and streamlined my rebuttal. It was a bit messy. Here it is again:

Your assignation of right is arbitrary (as is any) and cannot be argued as a rational necessity. Our compact has recognized, foundationally, the idea of right and its vestment as an absolute, and the inability of our compact to alienate that right absent actions that are outside the possible in our consideration. Within the recognition that we cannot demonstrate a necessary point of vestment and the principle that the point exists and is inviolate lies the argument against abortion.

A law that favors one arbitrary assignation over another is unjust and no real, rational argument for itself that doesn't make a neat circle. It doesn't really matter where you believe that right and the humanity we're speaking to may exist. If we cannot establish prima facie that it is a logical necessity, one whose conclusion is inescapable regardless of our inclination, then we have a larger duty to protect that which we are not entitled to abrogate. Otherwise, we risk doing that which we are not entitled to do and dismiss the foundation of law itself.

Or, potential, one way or another, is exactly the point here, every point along our chronological line of being being that potential point of vestment, absent the irrefutable, demonstrable and inarguable point no one can manage.