Moon Landing Hoax

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I doubt it. But if it turned out to be so, I wouldn't be surprised. No government lie surprises me anymore

Why don't you doubt that man had the technology to release the power of the atom in 1944 but that we didn't have the technology to yo to the moon 25 years later?

Mocking You

What if the moon is a light like the Bible says, and cannot be landed upon?

Really. How literal do you read your Bible?

So, the moon is a light. Jesus is a door. Jesus is a light. Jesus is a gate. Jesus is a shepherd.

Have you eaten Jesus' flesh and drank Jesus' blood?
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. John 6:53

Last edited:

zoo22

So, the moon is a light. Jesus is a door. Jesus is a light. Jesus is a gate. Jesus is a shepherd.

I've been reading some about Biblical literalists, and also a bunch about conspiracy theorist psychology. I especially like the crossover. I had run across this quote (in a piece about the Bill Nye/Ken Ham "debate"):

"Debating a creationist is like debating a 9/11 conspiracy theorist; one enters an alternate realm, one that is entirely self-reinforcing and impenetrable."

It made me think of this awesome, head-scratcher of a thread. Well, also of TOL in general.

Tyrathca

So you did. Glad you finally admit to it.

If you want them as a client again, better play ball.
Nimrod do you actually think that Berean is in collusion with the US government and intentionally deceiving this board about satellites, orbits, etc because of their employer's relationship with said government?
Time to add to the list.

Tyrathca could not hold back any longer.....
If the shoe fits....

----
I doubt it. But if it turned out to be so, I wouldn't be surprised. No government lie surprises me anymore
Another example of someone who has accepted one conspiracy theory and will now consider seemingly any conspiracy theory, regardless of how plausible (or serious) the initial claim is.

Daniel1611

I've been reading some about Biblical literalists, and also a bunch about conspiracy theorist psychology. I especially like the crossover. I had run across this quote (in a piece about the Bill Nye/Ken Ham "debate"):

"Debating a creationist is like debating a 9/11 conspiracy theorist; one enters an alternate realm, one that is entirely self-reinforcing and impenetrable."

It made me think of this awesome, head-scratcher of a thread. Well, also of TOL in general.

What have you read about group think, mob mentality and narcissism? About people who believe anything authority tells them?

Daniel1611

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. John 6:53

So the part about the moon being a light isn't literal? Maybe the part about the sun being a light isnt literal. They're in the same sentence. The question really is, how much of the Bible do you have to twist to support what you already believe anyway?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
tell NASA and astronauts that they never went to the moon and watch their reaction

we did - the moon is really close

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

have you literally eaten the flesh of ANY man or drank the blood thereof ?

grape juice and a wafer ? wine and a cracker ? symbolic - we do this in remembrance

chair

So the part about the moon being a light isn't literal? Maybe the part about the sun being a light isnt literal. They're in the same sentence. The question really is, how much of the Bible do you have to twist to support what you already believe anyway?

What exactly do you think "lights" means?
The Hebrew means "things that give light", or "light source".

When you walk into a dark room, and flip the switch- didn't you "turn on the light"?

chair

So the moon is a light source?

The Bible does not differentiate between them. Both are called "MEOROT". Perhaps that is not scientifically accurate. Or maybe it is just how these objects look to people on earth.

What do you think the moon is? What is a "light"?

Daniel1611

tell NASA and astronauts that they never went to the moon and watch their reaction

we did - the moon is really close
I've seen their reaction. The guy that did a documentary went to every Apollo astronaut and said just put the conspiracy theories to rest once and for all and swear on the Bible that you walked on the moon. Not one would do it. They all had violent reactions. Because they're liars. And their believers are fanatics also that have border line violent reactions when someone questions their dogma.

Daniel1611

The Bible does not differentiate between them. Both are called "MEOROT". Perhaps that is not scientifically accurate. Or maybe it is just how these objects look to people on earth.

What do you think the moon is? What is a "light"?

I think the Bible is accurate. If you're saying maybe thats just how it looked on earth, apply that to any passage. Maybe the prophets just got a lot of things wrong.

I don't buy it. The Bible says what it means and meabs what it says. It says the moon is a light source.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I've seen their reaction. The guy that did a documentary went to every Apollo astronaut and said just put the conspiracy theories to rest once and for all and swear on the Bible that you walked on the moon. Not one would do it. They all had violent reactions. Because they're liars. And their believers are fanatics also that have border line violent reactions when someone questions their dogma.

Buzz Aldrin did this when he was accused of lying about walking on the moon.
Buzz Aldrin

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I think the Bible is accurate. If you're saying maybe thats just how it looked on earth, apply that to any passage. Maybe the prophets just got a lot of things wrong.

I don't buy it. The Bible says what it means and meabs what it says. It says the moon is a light source.
That does not mean that it is a light bulb. It is a light source and its big enough to walk on.

Daniel1611

It is possible to land on a light source.

In 1794, four astronomers observed the translucence of the moon and published their article with the Royal Astronomical Society. If it is solid, it should never ever appear translucent.