ECT Matthew 12:40

oatmeal

That what it says in English thanks to the Catholic King James, but what does it say in Greek?

Why don't you tell me?

It is the same word in both places. It means the same thing in both places.

You have a point?

If you are done discussing the OP, why are you here?

Do you have something to add or discuss concerning the OP?

What?

Prove all things, hold fast that which is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV)​

Prove to whom?

All things? Here is a list for you to start with

1. Einstein's general theory of relativity.

2. Your day and time of birth, the validity of whatever documents you use

3. Why 2+2=4

4. How you and I are related ancestrally.

All things? Really?

Tell me what "all" means

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
:hammer:
This is not supposed to be some conservative Protestant site. There is nothing to report here. If all you want is conservative Protestant views there are other sites which offer that.

You are wrong although TOL is tolerant of most views and open to all reasonable opinion it has a self proclaimed conservative Christian bias, but that is not why I am protesting.

I am protesting that such ungodly and hetrodoxical views should be promoted on the ECT board.

Christ's deity is a fundamental doctrine clearly stated in the scripture.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Report to whoever you want. It would be great if people learned that traditional teachings are not always right.

As for Jesus Christ, he is a man, the son of God, not God himself.

I learned that on my own while in the second or third grade of RC parochial school.

God fills those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. A fellow student quoted I Timothy 2:5 in another context and it was that verse that absolutely proved that Jesus Christ is not God but a man.

Not a mere man, for man is not mere, God did not design man to be mere but to have rulership and dominion over the earth.

God showed me what Dr. Wierwille was doing to learn scriptures ( I do not have a better way of saying what I am trying to say, maybe I should simply state that it was made very clear to me that if I wanted my understanding enlightened, he would be the one I would learn it from best) and that he was learning the answers I sought. God made it absolutely clear to me that it would be Dr. Wierwille's ministry that would fill my hunger for God's word.

And it has been and continues to be that for me.

If you do not like him, that is your loss.

However, that is not the subject of this thread so, if you have anything relevant to add to this thread, post away.

If you wish to insult a man of God, that is your choice and error. You might want to start your own thread on that subject.

Or if you are unable to, I could start one for you.

I am not any great admirer or upholder of the doctrines of the church fathers [so-called] I believe they fell into the trap that you have fallen into supposing that theology is simply a matter of applied human intellect.

Our faith is a revealed faith and a supernatural gift imparted to us PERSONALLY by God Himself, I scorn your intellect.

You miss ordinary common sense, it is child's play to understand that Christ's deity is proclaimed in His sonship, the only begotten.

The Son must be as the Father.

I say Weirville was a servant of the devil on a par with other cult founders.

I am sorry to say I don't believe you have the love or desire for God's word that you say you do....we have seen how you treat of God's word and it does not match your testimony. Jesus Christ is that Word of God.

I am being candid with you.

OCTOBER23

LAZY AFTERNOON AND OATMEAL ARE IGNORANT OF THE FACTS.

JUST COUNT BACKWARDS FROM SUNDAY AT 6 AM WHEN IT WAS DAWNING TO A NEW DAY.

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn

toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene

and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
--------------------------------------------------------

6 am Sunday Morning back to Saturday Morning = 1 - 24 HOUR day

6 am Saturday Morning back to Friday Morning = 1 - 24 HOUR day

6 am Friday Morning back to Thursday Morning = 1 - 24 HOUR day

6 am Thursday Morning back to Wednesday 6 pm Afternoon put in the Tomb = 1/2 day

= 3 1/2 days just like JONAH was in the whale for 3 1/2 days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like the 2 Witnesses will be DEAD for 3 1/2 days.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
(Jonah 1:17 NKJV)​

Also we know it wasn't a whale.

How do we know the fish wasn't a whale?

When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon and set it by Dagon. (1 Samuel 5:2 NKJV)​

The Hebrew Dagon means a fish and comes from the Hebrew word dag which means fish.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea..." (Genesis 1:26 NKJV)​

The word "fish" is dagah which is fish.

Wouldn't it be ironic if vestiges of Dagon were still around today, for example a religious leader wearing a fish hat?

Last edited:

oatmeal

6 am Thursday Morning back to Wednesday 6 pm Afternoon put in the Tomb = 1/2 day

What in Matthew 28:1 suggests when Jesus was raised from the dead?

For that matter, where is Jesus mentioned or that he was raised, let alone when God did that?

That verse says nothing on that topic, to assume that he was raised moments before the women arrived is at best speculative and sheer guesswork.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You have 4 nights. Must be wrong.

Christ's raising from the dead probably was about midnight.

LA

oatmeal

Matthew 12:40

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Note that he did not say "three days and nights" which is what those who do not take his words literally like to think he said.

He specifically said, "three days and three nights"

How many days and how many nights are there between "Good Friday" afternoon and Sunday morning?

At best only three days and two nights.

It was at least 14 years after that was called to my attention that I was taught scripture sufficiently to know how what Jesus said of a literal three days and nights was perfectly accurate with the rest of scripture.