ECT Matthew 12:40

achduke

Good question,

Having grown up in a religious environment where laziness, not workmanship ( II Timothy 2:15) was the norm, I learn tons when I met people who actually respected and believed God's word

People assume that that is a contradiction because they likewise did not understand that scripture ( the originals, the God breathed word, II Timothy 3:16 ) is authored solely by God who knows what He is talking about.

Usually common sense and logic and consistency of both were not part of any church service sermon, it was emotion and tradition with a little scripture sprinkled on like salt and pepper. Scripture was not the main meal, so to speak, it was but a condiment sprinkled on as a flavor enhancer.

Have you ever gone to the same location twice?

Have you considered the scripture is reporting the facts as they happened? That there was more than one visit to the sepulchre by Mary and the others?

Have you or anyone you know gone to visit the same gravesite more than once?

Truth is simple if we let it do the talking.

Our job is to read and learn, not complicate things by our unbelief or lack of comprehension or lack of accurate teaching by teachers who did not know or care to know better.

I would normally agree about the two incidents but in this case they are talking about the same thing. Mary and Mary both go to the tomb and see the stone rolled away and see the tomb empty. I do not see Mary and Mary visiting again to see the stone rolled away and empty unless they were bringing another witness like Peter in John 20:2

oatmeal

I would normally agree about the two incidents but in this case they are talking about the same thing. Mary and Mary both go to the tomb and see the stone rolled away and see the tomb empty. I do not see Mary and Mary visiting again to see the stone rolled away and empty unless they were bringing another witness like Peter in John 20:2

So you believe God is in error to indicate that they visited more than once?

Were you there? God was.

They visited once when it was yet dark, and later in the day after it turned light.

achduke

So you believe God is in error to indicate that they visited more than once?

Were you there? God was.

They visited once when it was yet dark, and later in the day after it turned light.

I did not say God is in error. Are the translations of Man perfect? Have the texts been passed down the ages in perfect form? Are all the correct texts there? The catholics canonized the current form of the Bible. Were they correct? Even today translations old and new differ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good question,

Having grown up in a religious environment where laziness, not workmanship ( II Timothy 2:15) was the norm, I learn tons when I met people who actually respected and believed God's word

People assume that that is a contradiction because they likewise did not understand that scripture ( the originals, the God breathed word, II Timothy 3:16 ) is authored solely by God who knows what He is talking about.

Usually common sense and logic and consistency of both were not part of any church service sermon, it was emotion and tradition with a little scripture sprinkled on like salt and pepper. Scripture was not the main meal, so to speak, it was but a condiment sprinkled on as a flavor enhancer.

Have you ever gone to the same location twice?

Have you considered the scripture is reporting the facts as they happened? That there was more than one visit to the sepulchre by Mary and the others?

Have you or anyone you know gone to visit the same gravesite more than once?

Truth is simple if we let it do the talking.

Our job is to read and learn, not complicate things by our unbelief or lack of comprehension or lack of accurate teaching by teachers who did not know or care to know better.

You should do that instead of playing teacher.

LA

oatmeal

I did not say God is in error. Are the translations of Man perfect? Have the texts been passed down the ages in perfect form? Are all the correct texts there? The catholics canonized the current form of the Bible. Were they correct? Even today translations old and new differ.

Well, if it is as bad as you say, have you thrown out your Bible?

How much of it do you trust?

90%? 50%? 5%?

Can you show from the texts that the two verses have been mangled by errors in translation?

achduke

Well, if it is as bad as you say, have you thrown out your Bible?

How much of it do you trust?

90%? 50%? 5%?

Can you show from the texts that the two verses have been mangled by errors in translation?

I trust the Word of God. Let the Holy Spirit guide you.

oatmeal

I trust the Word of God. Let the Holy Spirit guide you.

I believe that it is possible to reconstruct what the originals intended in spite of the translation, copy, and any other errors that man introduced.

Scripture has taken some abuse, but since it is God's word, God will see to it that His promises shall come to pass when people believe.

Promises like Matthew 5:6

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you do not wish to believe what is written, if you do not believe that scripture is God's word, why are you posting on this forum?

Don't be smart.

You are now using the teachings of your mentors to guide you as the trinitarians do, who you condemn for it.

LA

oatmeal

Don't be smart.

You are now using the teachings of your mentors to guide you as the trinitarians do, who you condemn for it.

LA

Interesting post.

It takes a great deal of self discipline to really look at scriptures for what they say. It takes even more to be able to communicate scriptures accurately.

People talk about being led by the Holy Spirit.

I know what that is.

I was led by God to the Way, to the well researched works of VP Wierwille and others he worked with.

I learned of of him and his heart's desire and solid efforts not by man but by God, the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 5:6 I hungered and thirsted for righteousness and God fulfilled my need.

What I have presented is but a small part of a much greater work, one of many, that VP Wierwille and others spent decades searching out.

He understood scriptures like it hadn't been understood since the first century. He hungered and thirsted for righteousness to a great degree and God filled him.

God, not man, pointed me to VP Wierwille and his ministry.

I have deeply and throughly blessed for that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It takes a great deal of self discipline to really look at scriptures for what they say.

Really? Do you know the Greek word for "drew on" in the KJV or "drew near" in the NKJV?

The word is only used twice in the NT, once figurativly and once literally.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That shows what little you know of scripture and how highly Dr Wierwille and others valued scripture.

He learned to find and teach and answer scriptural questions with scripture

Not opinions, commentaries, traditions and pagan ideologies and theologies.

Should you ever become a serious Bible student who sincerely is looking for answers from God, via His word, you may find yourself taking VP Wierwille's work seriously.

Countless times our people have talked to people who were praying for answers and we showed up with those scriptural answers. God is in the business of fulfilling his promises like Matthew 5:6

Should you ever have serious attitude about truth, we will talk again.

I regret to say I reported this matter. The child of God does not go outside the church to learn anything.

Weirwille is the type of false teacher that are the most dangerous, he mixes a great deal of truth with one great lie in that he denies the deity of Jesus Christ.

This is a doctrine of demons, those demons will capture the mind if you submit to them. All the cults that do deny Christ's deity show the same signs of having had their minds captured by this one doctrine...adherents pound away on it remorsely....and they all hate the church. Some hide it better than others.

RevTestament

I regret to say I reported this matter. The child of God does not go outside the church to learn anything.

Weirwille is the type of false teacher that are the most dangerous, he mixes a great deal of truth with one great lie in that he denies the deity of Jesus Christ.

This is a doctrine of demons, those demons will capture the mind if you submit to them. All the cults that do deny Christ's deity show the same signs of having had their minds captured by this one doctrine...adherents pound away on it remorsely....and they all hate the church. Some hide it better than others.
:hammer:
This is not supposed to be some conservative Protestant site. There is nothing to report here. If all you want is conservative Protestant views there are other sites which offer that.

oatmeal

Really? Do you know the Greek word for "drew on" in the KJV or "drew near" in the NKJV?

The word is only used twice in the NT, once figurativly and once literally.

I have not looked it up.

But I can live with that. When I need to know, I will look it up.

So, this relates to the thread, how?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is not supposed to be some conservative Protestant site. There is nothing to report here. If all you want is conservative Protestant views there are other sites which offer that.

However, a diversity of views is presented on TOL. Totton did not violate any of the TOL rules and she is entitled to present her opinion.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have not looked it up.

But I can live with that. When I need to know, I will look it up.

So, this relates to the thread, how?

It defines the sign of Jonah which is the OP. I brought it up because you don't know the sign of Jonah from a scriptural standpoint.

oatmeal

Report to whoever you want. It would be great if people learned that traditional teachings are not always right.

As for Jesus Christ, he is a man, the son of God, not God himself.

I learned that on my own while in the second or third grade of RC parochial school.

God fills those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. A fellow student quoted I Timothy 2:5 in another context and it was that verse that absolutely proved that Jesus Christ is not God but a man.

Not a mere man, for man is not mere, God did not design man to be mere but to have rulership and dominion over the earth.

God showed me what Dr. Wierwille was doing to learn scriptures ( I do not have a better way of saying what I am trying to say, maybe I should simply state that it was made very clear to me that if I wanted my understanding enlightened, he would be the one I would learn it from best) and that he was learning the answers I sought. God made it absolutely clear to me that it would be Dr. Wierwille's ministry that would fill my hunger for God's word.

And it has been and continues to be that for me.

If you do not like him, that is your loss.

However, that is not the subject of this thread so, if you have anything relevant to add to this thread, post away.

If you wish to insult a man of God, that is your choice and error. You might want to start your own thread on that subject.

Or if you are unable to, I could start one for you.

oatmeal

It defines the sign of Jonah which is the OP. I brought it up because you don't know the sign of Jonah from a scriptural standpoint.

You do not know what I know or don't know.

Your hubris is not a positive characteristic for disciples. Disciples trust in God by trusting his word

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Disciples trust in God by trusting his word

Providing they know his word which you keep misrepresenting because you seem to believe the Greek might contradict your beliefs.

It is your responsibility to prove all things.