Marines lied: women in combat

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
About where those shells landed, the bodies , the kids, everything .
Everyone was a terrorist .
It's just bad man, sleep on the 50 cal and woke up all hours of the night for fire missions.

? Sorry but you're losing me. Were you part of a Howitzer team and concerned as to the target you were firing on or part of a 50 cal team giving support to the security of a fire base?

JosephR

50 cal is on the paladin howitzer , you take turns , it's never un manned unless ur in a fire mission.
I don't really wana talk about it anymore.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
50 cal is on the paladin howitzer,
I don't really wana talk about it anymore.

If people talking about combat (that may not have experienced it) bothers you this much maybe you should find a Veterans Group to set in with and try to work through any difficulties!

Old memories may never fade and some have found that they can actually become more vivid as time goes by. We worked as a team in combat in order to support each other....don't become an isolated individual...your brothers are still here and ready to help...but you have to take that pack off and reach out to them or they will never know you're there. Good luck!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
you people shut your mouths unless ye have been in war.

I have been deployed for 10 years.(can't get a better wife than Mrs M to put up with me) Does that count? I could scan the whole 201 file if you want. When I got out in 2000 it was sent to the house with a letter that says the Army no longer is going to keep records on me. Of course that isn't so. I know because I deployed as a civilian and there wasn't anything Ft Benning didn't know.

Or State for that matter.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I have been deployed for 10 years.(can't get a better wife than Mrs M to put up with me) Does that count? I could scan the whole 201 file if you want. When I got out in 2000 it was sent to the house with a letter that says the Army no longer is going to keep records on me. Of course that isn't so. I know because I deployed as a civilian and there wasn't anything Ft Benning didn't know.

Or State for that matter.

Welcome to the Terrorist Watch List Nick, you've been selected along with thousands of us for as long as the political atmosphere in our government remains as is, or til death due us part.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to the Terrorist Watch List Nick, you've been selected along with thousands of us for as long as the political atmosphere in our government remains as is, or til death due us part.

I bad mouth Obama daily on the internet. I have been on his radar since 2009. Fine by me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If only John Boehner would do his constitutional duties and deal with the problem.

The Berean

The US Marine Corps have compared the performance of all male combat teams vs mixed gender combat teams and the mixed gender teams had poorer performance.

Mixed-gender teams come up short in Marines' infantry experiment

All-male ground combat teams outperformed their mixed-gender counterparts in nearly every capacity during a recent infantry integration test, Marine Corps officials revealed Thursday.

Data collected during a monthslong experiment showed Marine teams with female members performed at lower overall levels, completed tasks more slowly and fired weapons with less accuracy than their all-male counterparts. In addition, female Marines sustained significantly higher injury rates and demonstrated lower levels of physical performance capacity overall, officials said.

gcthomas

All-male ground combat teams outperformed their mixed-gender counterparts in nearly every capacity during a recent infantry integration test, Marine Corps officials revealed Thursday.

Apparently, it was not 'nearly all' but 69%. The women had not had as much training as the men and the screening and strength improvements that experience would yield should reduce the differences further, according to marine and ex-marine senior officers here.

Officials cautioned against drawing too many conclusions from the study. Better training and screening could boost female performance, for example. "We can get better on injuries," Weinberg said. "We can get better on strength. We can get better on training."

Sherry de Vries, a retired Marine lieutenant colonel, said that once women have had more experience in the infantry their performance will rise. "The women don’t have the training that men had to begin with," she said.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently, it was not 'nearly all' but 69%. The women had not had as much training as the men and the screening and strength improvements that experience would yield should reduce the differences further, according to marine and ex-marine senior officers

i.e. nothing that a few good doses of steroids can't fix ey gcthomas?

steroid-women-2-2.jpg

If women can't be like men, what good is a society?