Marines lied: women in combat

Jabin

When women are really allowed to get into combat, children will not only be receiving many of their fathers back from battles maimed but now also many of their mothers, and in some cases (because it will happen), children will be receiving both of their parents' bodies so that they can bury them.

In the Bible, some ancient Jews turned to a god named Moloch and they sacrificed their children to that god.

Our society is now sacrificing children to other gods. We let homosexuals adopt children, regardless of what is best for the children (or what the children's parents want!). Now, we're letting women into combat, never mind that they can't meet the standards men are required to meet. Many of these women are mothers, all are child-bearing age. If called to combat, mom will have to leave her children, and maybe not come back, or come back maimed. Some of these children have fathers around, some don't. And, if dad is around, he's probably in the military, too, and will be called away when mom is.

But, the sacrifice of our children means that we even let mothers into combat, under standards that we wouldn't let men into combat.

lifeisgood

In the Bible, some ancient Jews turned to a god named Moloch and they sacrificed their children to that god.

Our society is now sacrificing children to other gods. We let homosexuals adopt children, regardless of what is best for the children (or what the children's parents want!). Now, we're letting women into combat, never mind that they can't meet the standards men are required to meet. Many of these women are mothers, all are child-bearing age. If called to combat, mom will have to leave her children, and maybe not come back, or come back maimed. Some of these children have fathers around, some don't. And, if dad is around, he's probably in the military, too, and will be called away when mom is.

But, the sacrifice of our children means that we even let mothers into combat, under standards that we wouldn't let men into combat.

It is called 'women's liberation'. :sigh:

gcthomas

LB is right...You are clueless. :AMR:

Rather than just give the insults, why don't you tell me where I'm wrong? I've asked several specific questions that would clarify the argument, but no clarity has been forthcoming.

No-one going to help?

gcthomas

Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
I have seen women bowl a cricket ball in excess of 70 mph, and can return the ball from the boundary 80 m away.

Wow. What field do you play on? :jawdrop:

Just saw your post. Guess it serves me right for mixing imperial and metric units in one sentence. 80 m was supposed to mean metres not miles!

:)

chair

I was going to post something about women in combat roles in Israel, but I am sure Mr. Jabin will figure out an antisemitic angle on it.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Rather than just give the insults, why don't you tell me where I'm wrong? I've asked several specific questions that would clarify the argument, but no clarity has been forthcoming.

No-one going to help?

....Aaaannnnd you have been given much more than adequate answers. That wasn't intended to be an insult but rather a statement of fact. To tell the truth I am rather disappointed in you. I can only asume that you are being obtuse...Be it deliberate or otherwise. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I was going to post something about women in combat roles in Israel, but I am sure Mr. Jabin will figure out an antisemitic angle on it.

There is absolutely nothing negative about the women of the I.D.F. :)

gcthomas

....Aaaannnnd you have been given much more than adequate answers. That wasn't intended to be an insult but rather a statement of fact. To tell the truth I am rather disappointed in you. I can only asume that you are being obtuse...Be it deliberate or otherwise. :plain:

I'm sorry if it has come across as obtuse, but I am genuinely confused as to what the objection to women in the marines really is, so I'll try to explain.

So far, it seems to be related to an inability to do more than three pullups (pullups seem to be used as a general indicator of male fitness, rather than an operationally important ability) and to throw a grenade as far as some men. At least that is what the OP was about.

The latter one (grenades) seems more important, since I have been told here that ALL marines are first and foremost infantrymen. BUT, I have also been told that grenade launchers, grenades and heavy machine guns are standard issue for infantry units, so obviously not all marines act as infantry in the sense of carrying heavy weaponry into assault actions.

So, since the women are not currently joining the infantry units, but are acting as lawyers, pilots, HQ admin clerks and engineers, I am confused as to what the actual objection to them is. Surely they won't carry grenades in these roles, even in a combat zone?

One or two people in this thread mentioned a distaste of having women killed in wars, which at least has the benefit of being a clear, understandable opinion. If that is not your reasoning, it can't be the grenade throwing or pull up things, can it?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
A weapon is a weapon. Using for offensive or defensive is a choice that can be made.

And here I thought the Britt's may still have gun bearers, kind of like golf caddies to carry their second set of guns.

Oh chum, do have the bearers bring up the assault weapons so we can change mode of battle, jolly good ol man.

Jabin

For some years in the Olympics, shooting events were coed. In three-position rifle shooting, something marines do lot of, in those years of shooting events, only one women medaled. Since '84, Olympic shooting is segregated.

Liberals do lots of boasting that women can do anything men can do, but they never deliver. They just whine and name-call when they're shown wrong. Chair even gratuitously called me antisemitic (Yes, Chair, I'm a Christian, but I have nothing against Arabs).

(Ladies, before you get your undies in a bunch, I'd never say men can do everything women can do.)

Last edited:

JosephR

? Nightmares about shooting Howitzers or actually being in a Combat Theater?

About where those shells landed, the bodies , the kids, everything .
Everyone was a terrorist .
It's just bad man, sleep on the 50 cal and woke up all hours of the night for fire missions.