ECT MADs Are Weird...

fzappa13

I like the red letter edition, I have one with and one without. Both of them are KJV

I remember that, at the time, I had tried a couple of times to read the Bible like a novel and would flame out in the "so and so begat so and soes". I didn't see the point in this seemingly endless genealogy until much later. At that point I needed something more immediate and visceral. To cut to the chase so to say. The red letters gave me that. Jesus had a unique way of speaking in that what He said worked on many levels depending upon the level of understanding of the listener. In that respect you can return to His words after years of study and still glean something new.

Mark M

I remember that, at the time, I had tried a couple of times to read the Bible like a novel and would flame out in the "so and so begat so and soes". I didn't see the point in this seemingly endless genealogy until much later. At that point I needed something more immediate and visceral. To cut to the chase so to say. The red letters gave me that. Jesus had a unique way of speaking in that what He said worked on many levels depending upon the level of understanding of the listener. In that respect you can return to His words after years of study and still glean something new.

That's true, I learn something new or see thii in a different light everytime I read it.

fzappa13

That's true, I learn something new or see thii in a different light everytime I read it.

The Bible will reveal it's secrets for as long as you care to apply yourself to that task. Some folks quickly get to a level of understanding that they are happy with and stop and defend the place they stopped at against all comers. Some "go on to perfection" as it were. To each their own.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I quote the bible when necessary...(forget exact verse).. I have books in my library that refute you in detail that you cannot refute. They do a better job than I would in a few posts…...Google may also help....If you study biblical theology (looking at books, authors, etc.) instead of systematic theology or ultradispensationalism, you would see that... As it is, commentators disagree on… I believe sound evangelical scholarship totally refutes what you are saying … He is not worth reading in light of the sound scholarship that exists ..Sound NT scholarship recognizes.... Whole books have been written on it… The vast majority of godly Christians have not heard of MAD. The best of conservative, biblical, evangelical scholarship rejects it if they have heard of it…. Exact reference again? Did you check other versions or a commentary?... Buy a good commentary for the various opinions on… Hermeneutical books point out that… Even in your traditional view, scholars do not express your issues…I am not an expert on MAD and do not consider it a prominent enough view to gain much academic attention…Sound NT scholarship comes to different conclusions…Who was the prominent author (s) who held to it in your movement?.. I think you will be hard pressed to find commentators who would agree with you…As the Bible Knowledge Commentary points out,… it is not even on the radar of credible NT scholars…. I can't condense 30 years of study from a variety of sources into a few posts… any credible commentary or systematic theology will give you the arguments and verses…. I agree with the commentary. .. Listen to the Doctor (D. M. L-Jones), not radio preachers with weak NT backgrounds.

Danoh

He had 50,000 posts but hasn't been hanging around much the last year or so. All people eventually see through obfuscation and then you need to move on.

I can do that sort of thing with the best of them, and at will, as a result of understanding its process.

But to buy into all that noise as sound (true) because it sounds right, is long enough, and loud enough - geez, talk about digging one self into a hole.

Lol - these guys have actually pulled off what they are ever asking - could God build a rock big enough that even He could not move it?

Must be, why; while watching that video, I felt an overwhelming urge to pick up a baseball bat :rotfl:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick M, the Magnificent:

Not hardly. It's just that....I don't always win, but when I do, I run up the score.

I would like to see Tet's classic dissertation regarding "Who is Israel, who are Jews".

complete lack of acknowledgement that Israel split into two and God divorced 10/12 of all Israelites, and the making all Israelites Jews.

All Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews.

The Jews were the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The House of Israel included every tribe except Judah, Benjamin, and some Levites. (no Jews)

That's not what I am saying.

I am saying that Gentiles become Israel.

It was the fall of Israel in 750BC that made salvation available to the Gentiles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to understand that all Jews were Israelites, but not all Israelites were Jews.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron were not Jews.

None of the Israelites from the 10 tribes of the Northern Kingdom were Jews. In fact, the first time the word "Jews" is found in the KJB, the Jews are at war against Israel.

Your Dispensationalism is a mess. You guys make all Israelites Jews, when that is not the case, and is one of the reasons you guys are so confused.

One of the biggest examples of your confusion is 1 Peter 2:10. You guys claim Peter is addressing Jews. It's impossible Peter was addressing Jews in that passage.

SaulToPaul 2

A Gentile man could have gotten circumcised, believed in the one true God, and become a Jew...but apparently the ten tribes could not do the same thing.

:idunno:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
but apparently the ten tribes could not do the same thing.

Um......they didn't want to become Jews. They hated the Jews. They went to war against the Jews.

Why do you think David had to rule as king from Hebron the first seven years?

Why do you think the nation of Israel split into two nations?

Sometimes you say things that makes me think you have never read the OT. :think:

SaulToPaul 2

Um......they didn't want to become Jews. They hated the Jews. They went to war against the Jews.

Why do you think David had to rule as king from Hebron the first seven years?

Why do you think the nation of Israel split into two nations?

Sometimes you say things that makes me think you have never read the OT. :think:

:chuckle:

In the first century, you have twelve tribes of circumcised people who believed in the one true God. And they were all Jews.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For Danoh, godrulz is an ok character. He wasn't a trouble maker like the lefties here. He just posted like a robot.

SaulToPaul 2

Per Tet,

Circumcised Gentile that believed in God- could be a Jew
Circumcised Israelite that believed in God- could not be a Jew

:idunno:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

In the first century, you have twelve tribes of circumcised people who believed in the one true God. And they were all Jews.

Nope.

Ezekiel tells us the two sticks (Jews & Israelites) were separate.

Jeremiah tells us the two houses (Judah & Israel) are separate until the NC is made.

Had the stick of Joseph (non-Jewish Israelites) been joined to the stick of Judah (Jews) before Christ went to the cross?