ECT MAD interp flaw

musterion

When did legalism enter the room?

Don't bother asking. Remember it was said by the one who calls brothers and sisters "superstitious" but when called to explain it, refused.

Anyway, I welcome any reasoned explanation supporting the claim that I am a legalist. I invite a call-out thread be created just for me in the Alley.

PS The quote was not specifically intended as bait -- I found it fitting the discussion -- but suspected it would irresistibly draw just the kind of comment it received.

Danoh

I have no idea what you are talking about and still think that you need to quit trying to falsely accuse "you guys" of stuff that YOU think "you guys" believe.

You're right, you have no idea.

For your real problem is your onesided cult like intolerance of any one who does not see things as you do; and or who points a thing out.

musterion

Your above reply is the typical accusation of the cultist when a thing is pointed out to them.

The vast majority of you always respond in that way. You are incapable of receiving any critique.

I just invited you FOUR POSTS AGO to open a thread on me for the sole purpose of critiquing me.

Anyway, names of the people on TOL who are in this cult with me. Say exactly what you mean. Man up, be out with it, name us.

Danoh

The Holy Bible is a Spiritual Book. The Holy Spirit gives the knowledge and wisdom to understand and discern the truths that are written. People like yourself place too much credit in the understanding of men, grammar, etc. Each time before I open the Bible I pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge to understand what I'm about to read. I don't place my faith in commentaries and religious authors.

Everyone claims the same mystical pray about it.

But the prayer aspect is not for that.

It is merely about approaching His Word with reverence.

In othe other words; about being willing to allow the Word to teach; regardless of where that ends up.

Whether it proves us wrong; or teaches us, and or reveals to us we could stand a bit more time in the Word, and so on.

And that is only part of it.

Principles for how to get out of (exegete) the Word what God has put in the Word towards our "instruction in righteousness" through its' "doctrine" or teaching; "reproof" of any of our behaviour not in line with said doctrine, or teaching; and or "correction" of those of our beliefs not in line with said doctrine, or teaching.

And it does not end there.

The reverence towards His Word on any issue is to continue when ever anyone points out a thing to us for our consideration.

In this there is no room for taking personal offense. None...

Acts 17:5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 17:6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also; 17:7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus. 17:8 And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things. 17:9 And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go. 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

This is Mid-Acts Grace...

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
He'll only get it by 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV.

Or Peter....

Acts 2

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

WOW!!!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Or Peter....

Acts 2

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

WOW!!!

So...is there somebody here that doesn't believe Acts 2:29-32?