ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not related to the OP.

And posting stupid stuff from stupid people claiming to be chrstians, in order to try and make me look stupid, is only going to win approval from your little mad gang. So it makes no difference to me. It just tells me you can't deal with the OP.

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Jesus forgave the of many sins in Luke 7. Her faith saved her.

Faith in what?
What was the basis for Jesus to forgive the woman?

I'm telling you, and ever Madist here, you will be unable to answer this with out pointing to the new testament grace of the cross, but you'll fight it to the death to save mad.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
People make up a lot of baloney, however, it's all talk and no real proof. That guy in the video is telling what they call, "A TALL Tale." He has quite an imagination. I challenge this guy to dig up somebody whose been dead for forty years or more and videotape the results. I somehow don't think he'll take the challenge.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well coming from someone who lives out the rest of his days on this web site throwing out endless pointless comments, you need to have a good long look at yourself.

Well, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here, as well? Day and night. Why is that? Unemployed, disabled, mentally incompetent, bi-polar, lazy, or a recluse perhaps?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Here's a longer version of the same clip. He reads the Messianic directive to raise the dead in this one.

"Happening all over the world today in increasing momentum and numbers."

But no video.
Agreed.

The Pharisees would not have lied about a woman caught in the act, and he knew that the whole thing was a trap.
Now that's a decent answer. It's about time.

None of this is relevant, as Jesus said, "he who is without sin, cast the first stone".
As I said, you're showing your desperation by trying to use the exactness of judicial law to negate the accusations, but Jesus did not use the same arguments you're trying to come up with, because everyone knew she was guilty, and there was never any intention of carrying out judgement.
It was theological entrapment, and the accusers only wanted to know what the judgement would have been if the law of Moses were to be carried out.
Now it's completely obvious that the full legal aspect of the judicial system would have to be carried out, but that is not what was being discussed.
:hammer:

How stupid can you be? Not once have I tried to negate the accusation, You really are a moron.

For anyone who isn't devoid of a brain like andy here, the Law is relevant because the Pharisees were breaking it. They were breaking both of these laws and andy doesn't get that. He doesn't know how they were breaking the laws here.

It's also relevant because it explains part of the reason the punishment could not be carried out even if the witnesses had not left. Do any of you anti-MAD people know why? andy doesn't.

Jesus was not a witness to her crime. andy has admitted that much. He was also not a judge or a priest according to their knowledge. So by His own commandments He could not condemn her of His own accord.These are all reasons Jesus didn't condemn her even after they were gone, though she had broken the Law, which is very relevant t the issue at hand. andy wants to argue that Jesus didn't teach the Law and uses this case as evidence when Jesus was the only one who didn't violate or ignore the Law in this incident.

The Law was upheld, because the woman was the only one brought forward, the witnesses did not go to the place appointed in front of a judge and a priest, and the witnesses left without testifying. And andy thinks I'm trying to negate the accusation when I already admitted she was guilty weeks ago.

Why are you so blind that you can't see this?
I'm not the blind one here.

Well it's obvious isn't it?

If Jesus didn't condemn the woman caught in the act of adultery, he wasn't a minister of the law, and that would be curtains for mad.
I've just explained why you're wrong, above. As a minister the Law He could not condemn her. Not according to the Law.

Nope. It makes no sense unless you're mad.
How does it make no sense as one of the possibilities for what He wrote in the sand?

I notice that you didn't give me an example.
Example of what? Your ignorance of the Law? You've done enough of that for all to see.

So it's irrelevant then, isn't it?
Very much so. Doesn't mean it isn't interesting to discuss.

What a twit.
I was talking about sin involving the ordeal of the woman's adultery.
I didn't say they were guilty of adultery with her.:AMR:

They were, however, guilty of breaking the laws on how to go about punishing adultery.

We have enough information in the text to to conclude what was happening, and the reasons why etc.
No we don't. None of us know what He wrote in the sand.

The understanding I'm trying to get through to you, is simply that Jesus was trying to expose the evil heart. It's just as bad for a person to want to indulge sin, than to commit the act. But the law only condemned the act. As long as the pharisees felt they were right with God for not committing the act, they were blinded to the corruption of their sinful heart.
This is not something with which I need help.

If you really understood this, you'd see Jesus as a minister of grace, not law.
He ministered both in conjunction. They are not mutually exclusive, oh daft one.

If you really believed this, you'd know that Jesus was minister of grace, as only the blood Jesus can remove the guilt of sin from the conscience. You really are blind to how messed up your thinking is.
The only blind one here is you as you can't see how it's even possible for grace and law to work together.

Prove it!

Take his ideas, and start a thread on it. Watch me get stuck into it.
You have yet to engage in a similar thread; one that was started because you wouldn't answer a question in this thread.

Paul and Peter raised the dead. And they did it once, as is mentioned in scripture.
OK, where?

See, that's the problem with you. You make claims but never provide the passages to support them.

Acts 9:36-42 & Acts 20:9-12

Is it really so hard to do that?

Now watch this: I, Lighthouse, stand corrected.

Now explain why it never happened again after that.

Last edited:

musterion

So, faith in the messiah meant they no longer needed the law?
If the sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law, faith in Christ frees the sinner from sin and the law.

Jesus was not enforcing the law, from musty's perspective. Obviously he doesn't really know what he's saying, and the consequences of it, but non madists following the thread will.

Look at him. Demands straight answers to his idiocy, gets straight answers more than once, then ignores them. Troll is as troll does.

andyc

Right let's spend a bit more time with these twits.

Agreed.

Now that's a decent answer. It's about time.

It didn't need answering, as it was too obvious to most.

:hammer:

How stupid can you be? Not once have I tried to negate the accusation, You really are a moron.

For anyone who isn't devoid of a brain like andy here, the Law is relevant because the Pharisees were breaking it. They were breaking both of these laws and andy doesn't get that. He doesn't know how they were breaking the laws here.

Well just tell me where Jesus points out their breaking of the law?
He doesn't because they weren't.

It's also relevant because it explains part of the reason the punishment could not be carried out even if the witnesses had not left. Do any of you anti-MAD people know why? andy doesn't.

As I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, judicial judgement was never intended. Now because you just can't grasp this, even though I keep saying it over and over, let's go back to the passage.

Now, Lighthouse, forget protecting mad for a moment, and just think about scripture....

the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. "Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?"

Do you see this? "But what do you say"

This was theological entrapment, not a trial. Will you finally get this into your thick head?
No breaking of the law happening here, because it wan't an official trial.

This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him.

Do you understand this?
It was a test. Now, sherlock, if Jesus would have agreed with Moses and the pharisees, it wouldn't have been a test, would it?
So what exactly was the test here? Why were the pharisees testing Jesus?

Every Christian denomination will tell you that the reason was because Jesus came to offer grace to sinners, not judgement.
Because this conflicts with your trashy mad theology, you have to invent nonsense in order to avoid the obvious.
If Jesus didn't condemn the woman, he was in conflict with Moses, but seeing as he was the minister of the new covenant of grace, and the pharisees didn't believe in him, he needed wisdom to tackle the situation.

Jesus was not a witness to her crime. andy has admitted that much. He was also not a judge or a priest according to their knowledge. So by His own commandments He could not condemn her of His own accord.These are all reasons Jesus didn't condemn her even after they were gone, though she had broken the Law, which is very relevant t the issue at hand. andy wants to argue that Jesus didn't teach the Law and uses this case as evidence when Jesus was the only one who didn't violate or ignore the Law in this incident.

Lighthouse here doesn't want to accept that the woman was a theological prop used for nothing other than theological debate. That's it!
The pharisees could have simply invented the situation in order to get his opinion on the matter, but to use a real person makes the situation personal. Would Jesus be disgusted with an adulteress woman, or would he extend grace to her?
If he was merciful, he was against Moses, according to the pharisees.

The Law was upheld, because the woman was the only on brought forward, the witnesses did not go to the place appointed in front of a judge and a priest, and the witnesses left without testifying. And andy thinks I'm trying to negate the accusation when I already admitted she was guilty weeks ago.

Not mentioned in scripture, because it was not a real trial, and was never meant to be.
Rome did not allow Jews to condemn anyone to death.

I'm not the blind one here.

That's funny!

I've just explained why you're wrong, above. As a minister the Law He could not condemn her. Not according to the Law.

How does it make no sense as one of the possibilities for what He wrote in the sand?

Example of what? Your ignorance of the Law? You've done enough of that for all to see.

Very much so. Doesn't mean it isn't interesting to discuss.

I didn't say they were guilty of adultery with her.:AMR:

They were, however, guilty of breaking the laws on how to go about punishing adultery.

Covered above.

No we don't. None of us know what He wrote in the sand.

Why do you see this as relevant?
John doesn't.

This is not something with which I need help.

He ministered both in conjunction. They are not mutually exclusive, oh daft one.

Of course it would be.

If an adulteress deserved to die under the law, that person realizes the need for grace. Yes?
The person who has an adulteress heart, but isn't condemned for the act they haven't committed, and doesn't have a need of grace, is blind.

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

The only blind one here is you as you can't see how it's even possible for grace and law to work together.

Yeah you're not the only one who says that grace and law can work together, but no one has given an example of it. You know why?

Because grace works by faith, and law works by works (Rom 11:6).

You have yet to engage in a similar thread; one that was started because you wouldn't answer a question in this thread.

I don't want to change the thread topic to satisfy your curiosity. Start a relevant thread, dopey!

OK, where?

See, that's the problem with you. You make claims but never provide the passages to support them.

Acts 9:36-42 & Acts 20:9-12

Is it really so hard to do that?

What in the world?

I told you that Peter and Paul did it once, as far as we know from scripture, and you want verses?
Then you show the verses telling everyone what I said in the first place?
:chuckle: Nutcase!

Now watch this: I, Lighthouse, stand corrected.

Now explain why it never happened again after that.

We don't know how many times the dead were raised in apostolic times, and after.

dodge

Lighthouse;4831598]Except that all sin.

But that's not what I asked you. I didn't ask how you know He knew. I asked how He knew. Try again

John 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It didn't need answering, as it was too obvious to most.
:doh:

Apparently it is only when something is too obvious to ignore you stop playing stupid.

Well just tell me where Jesus points out their breaking of the law?
He doesn't because they weren't.
[Jesus]“He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.”[/Jesus]
-John 8:7b

Also you don't know what He wrote on the ground. And you clearly don't know the law if you think they weren't breaking it.

1. They didn't bring the man.
  2. Jesus was not a recognized authority, such as a judge or priest for them to bring the accused to.
  3. The place they brought her was not the place appointed.

If you want to make an argument that they weren't technically breaking the law at least admit they weren't following it.

As I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, judicial judgement was never intended. Now because you just can't grasp this, even though I keep saying it over and over, let's go back to the passage.
I know full well what they intended. But that's not my point here. My point is that Jesus followed the Law. And that's the thing you can't grasp.

Now, Lighthouse, forget protecting mad for a moment, and just think about scripture....
I have considered Scripture, which is why I believe MAD. I haven't always; I used to be a covenant theologian and a charismatic evangelical.

the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. "Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?"

Do you see this? "But what do you say"

This was theological entrapment, not a trial. Will you finally get this into your thick head?
No breaking of the law happening here, because it wan't an official trial.
They weren't following the Law if they were bringing the woman to Jesus to ask Him His opinion. And the fact that they did not hold an official trial is the primary factor in the fact that they weren't following the Law.

When two people were caught in adultery what were the witnesses to do? Do you know?

This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him.

Do you understand this?
It was a test. Now, sherlock, if Jesus would have agreed with Moses and the pharisees, it wouldn't have been a test, would it?
So what exactly was the test here? Why were the pharisees testing Jesus?
You are just too stupid to hold an intelligent conversation.

They were testing Him because either of the expected answers would have gotten Jesus in trouble with either the Jews to whom He was preaching or the Romans and He would have been at the very least jailed. Either way the group He was trying to reach would have stopped hearing His message.

Every Christian denomination will tell you that the reason was because Jesus came to offer grace to sinners, not judgement.
He came to offer both, because grace means absolutely nothing if there is not first judgment.

Because this conflicts with your trashy mad theology, you have to invent nonsense in order to avoid the obvious.
If Jesus didn't condemn the woman, he was in conflict with Moses, but seeing as he was the minister of the new covenant of grace, and the pharisees didn't believe in him, he needed wisdom to tackle the situation.
Jesus did not witness the adultery. Those who did did not follow the protocol of the Law, and they all left before they could even testify if they had followed protocol. If Jesus had condemned her in that moment He would have been in conflict with Moses. It was by not being in conflict with the very Law He, himself, gave that He did not condemn her. But since you are completely ignorant of the Law you wouldn't know that if it knocked you over the head with a 2x4.

Lighthouse here doesn't want to accept that the woman was a theological prop used for nothing other than theological debate. That's it!
Not only have I already explained to you that I know she was, but I have known since the first time I heard this story.

The pharisees could have simply invented the situation in order to get his opinion on the matter, but to use a real person makes the situation personal. Would Jesus be disgusted with an adulteress woman, or would he extend grace to her?
If he was merciful, he was against Moses, according to the pharisees.
You've already said He was against Moses, so apparently you agree with the Pharisees. I know that's what they thought.

Not mentioned in scripture, because it was not a real trial, and was never meant to be.
It wasn't mentioned because her accusers already knew the Law, unlike you.

Rome did not allow Jews to condemn anyone to death.
I know. That's why an answer of, "Yes," would have gotten Jesus in trouble with Rome.

That's funny!
Keep laughing, as you feel your way around.

Covered above.
Spectacular failure.

Why do you see this as relevant?
John doesn't.
It was relevant enough to mention that He wrote on the ground.

Of course it would be.

If an adulteress deserved to die under the law, that person realizes the need for grace. Yes?
The person who has an adulteress heart, but isn't condemned for the act they haven't committed, and doesn't have a need of grace, is blind.

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.
Basically. One can only realize the need for grace and forgiveness if they know they're guilty. And they can only know that if they are judged and condemned.

Yeah you're not the only one who says that grace and law can work together, but no one has given an example of it. You know why?

Because grace works by faith, and law works by works (Rom 11:6).
Grace means nothing without the Law first. One can only know they are a sinner by the Law. And they must know they are a sinner before grace means anything to them.

I don't want to change the thread topic to satisfy your curiosity. Start a relevant thread, dopey!
I'm not asking you to change anything. I'm saying that you won't answer the question in another thread either.

As for changing the subject, this is a conversation; it needs to be fluid or it won't go anywhere. If you think I'm wrong just take a look at the circle we've been going in from the beginning.

What in the world?

I told you that Peter and Paul did it once, as far as we know from scripture, and you want verses?
Then you show the verses telling everyone what I said in the first place?
:chuckle: Nutcase!
No, idiot. I showed the verses because you wouldn't. You never do. You never support your statements.

We don't know how many times the dead were raised in apostolic times, and after.
Don't you think that would have been important if it were happening?

John 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
Exactly.

andyc

Ok, concerning the woman caught in the act of adultery, the mads are basically standing by an assumption that the woman couldn't be condemned to death because the judicial aspect of the law wan't observed when the accusers presented the case to Jesus.
Lighthouse admits that the accusers never really intended to have the woman killed, and even agrees that the entrapment was theological, but then assumes that Jesus could have been arrested by the Romans for agreeing with the judgement prescribed in the law.

The problem with this reasoning is that it doesn't present a test for Jesus. He would not have been arrested for agreeing with the law, he'd only be arrested for carrying out the law. The Jews told the Romans that Jesus should be condemned under the law for blasphemy, but they asked Rome to do it.

Adultery is a moral law, and is one of the ten commandments. The breaking of that commandment triggers the judicial law of punishment. If it is intended to carry out such punishment, the the trial would have to be lawful. Lighthouse understands and agrees with this, and he also agrees that the accusers never intended to have the woman put to death, And so, the judicial law is irrelevant in this situation, isn't it?

Another interesting point is that Lighthouse is obviously of the opinion that Jesus wrote something in the sand concerning the sins of the accusers. The KJV only mads wouldn't agree with this, however, because the KJV explains that he stooped down and wrote on the ground, as though he hadn't heard them. And so what they said, he ignored initially. This would explain why John didn't mention what Jesus wrote in the sand, because it had nothing to do with the situation.

So what is the test? Well it's obvious.

The pharisees accused Jesus of being a friend of tax collectors and sinners. Where the law condemns, Jesus offered forgiveness, like in Luke 7. Mads hate this because they want Jesus to be a ruthless law enforcer. Under the law, repentance didn't remove condemnation, but Jesus does.

Matthew 21:31 "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

Every commentary and study bible will explain that part of the trap was to see if Jesus would extend mercy to the woman, and in so doing would be seen by them as overruling the Mosaic law. Then they would have reason to expose him as a fraud, without understanding that he was the minister of the new covenant of grace.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Ok, concerning the woman caught in the act of adultery, the mads are basically standing by an assumption that the woman couldn't be condemned to death because the judicial aspect of the law wan't observed when the accusers presented the case to Jesus.
Lighthouse admits that the accusers never really intended to have the woman killed, and even agrees that the entrapment was theological, but then assumes that Jesus could have been arrested by the Romans for agreeing with the judgement prescribed in the law.
Even if they had intended to carry out the execution they would have been breaking the Law by not following it as it was written. And I assume nothing; if Jesus had advocated executing the woman as the Law commanded the Pharisees would have reported Him to the Roman authorities for advocating usurping their rule.

What do you think would have happened if Jesus had said she should be stoned?

The problem with this reasoning is that it doesn't present a test for Jesus. He would not have been arrested for agreeing with the law, he'd only be arrested for carrying out the law. The Jews told the Romans that Jesus should be condemned under the law for blasphemy, but they asked Rome to do it.
You've obviously never studied history and the rule of tyrants.

Adultery is a moral law, and is one of the ten commandments. The breaking of that commandment triggers the judicial law of punishment. If it is intended to carry out such punishment, the the trial would have to be lawful. Lighthouse understands and agrees with this, and he also agrees that the accusers never intended to have the woman put to death, And so, the judicial law is irrelevant in this situation, isn't it?
No. Because it speaks to why Jesus didn't condemn her when the witnesses were gone. He knew she was guilty and yet did not condemn her. Do you know why He would do that if He were following the Law?

Another interesting point is that Lighthouse is obviously of the opinion that Jesus wrote something in the sand concerning the sins of the accusers. The KJV only mads wouldn't agree with this, however, because the KJV explains that he stooped down and wrote on the ground, as though he hadn't heard them. And so what they said, he ignored initially. This would explain why John didn't mention what Jesus wrote in the sand, because it had nothing to do with the situation.
I only said it was a possibility. It is not my opinion.

So what is the test? Well it's obvious.

The pharisees accused Jesus of being a friend of tax collectors and sinners. Where the law condemns, Jesus offered forgiveness, like in Luke 7. Mads hate this because they want Jesus to be a ruthless law enforcer. Under the law, repentance didn't remove condemnation, but Jesus does.

Matthew 21:31 "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

Every commentary and study bible will explain that part of the trap was to see if Jesus would extend mercy to the woman, and in so doing would be seen by them as overruling the Mosaic law. Then they would have reason to expose him as a fraud, without understanding that he was the minister of the new covenant of grace.
When have any of us ever said Jesus was a ruthless law enforcer? When have we ever said He enforced the Law? Your head is up your backside.

andyc

Even if they had intended to carry out the execution they would have been breaking the Law by not following it as it was written. And I assume nothing; if Jesus had advocated executing the woman as the Law commanded the Pharisees would have reported Him to the Roman authorities for advocating usurping their rule.

What?

The question was whether Jesus agreed with the Mosaic law or not. Nothing more.

What do you think would have happened if Jesus had said she should be stoned?

He did.
He who is without sin, cast the first stone. If they were going to insist on carrying out the law, they could do so if their conscience was clear regarding their own sin.

You've obviously never studied history and the rule of tyrants.

ROFLOL!

Tyrants are your specialty?

You crack me up!

No. Because it speaks to why Jesus didn't condemn her when the witnesses were gone. He knew she was guilty and yet did not condemn her. Do you know why He would do that if He were following the Law?

Because he was offering her a chance to repent!
This is what I'm trying to open yours eyes to!

I only said it was a possibility. It is not my opinion.

So it's irrelevant!

When have any of us ever said Jesus was a ruthless law enforcer? When have we ever said He enforced the Law? Your head is up your backside.

All of a sudden we have a mad Jesus who's now not enforcing the Mosaic law.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What?

The question was whether Jesus agreed with the Mosaic law or not. Nothing more.
Then you don't know how to have a conversation, or to think critically.

He did.
He who is without sin, cast the first stone. If they were going to insist on carrying out the law, they could do so if their conscience was clear regarding their own sin.
You're an idiot.

Jesus, knowing they were not innocent, did not intend to imply the woman should be stoned. My question is regarding the idea that He did. What if He did? What if He came right out and just said she should be stoned without any loopholes, etc.

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”
-John 8:1-5

What if the next line had been Jesus saying, "She should be stoned, as well as the adulterer"? What would have happened?

ROFLOL!

Tyrants are your specialty?

You crack me up!
You really are a special kind of stupid.

Because he was offering her a chance to repent!
This is what I'm trying to open yours eyes to!
I know this you idiot. That's not the question. You claim He was doing this in opposition to the Law. I'm asking you what His reason for doing so would be if He were following the Law, apart from grace and mercy.

You say He could not do this in accordance with the Law, I'm saying He could and did. Do you know why I say that? Do you know why I disagree with you? Do you know why Jesus, specifically, could not condemn her in accordance with the Law?

So it's irrelevant!
We already established that, dunce.

All of a sudden we have a mad Jesus who's now not enforcing the Mosaic law.
MAD doesn't say He enforced it. He followed it. He was in no position to enforce it, as He was not in a position of recognized authority for such.

Well, after His ascension He did some enforcing. Why do you think Ananias and Sapphira died?

Do you not know the meaning of the word "enforce"?

andyc

Then you don't know how to have a conversation, or to think critically.

Er no, you are not even following anything being said. You're just saying anything, regardless of whether it's relevant or not.

You're an idiot.

Well I think you're dickhead, so what?

Jesus, knowing they were not innocent,

Innocent of what?
Scripture doesn't say. They brought a woman to him caught in the act of adultery, and used the situation to test him. The test was to see if he would agree with the Mosaic law or not.

So far all we've had from you is what you *think* happened, and why you *think* it happened, and why you *think* the whole test was invalid.

did not intend to imply the woman should be stoned. My question is regarding the idea that He did. What if He did? What if He came right out and just said she should be stoned without any loopholes, etc.

Then simply it would mean that her condemnation was deserved from a legal / moral perspective, which is all the pharisees were wanting to know in the first place, nothing more. Agreeing with the mosaic law would not get people in trouble with Rome.

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”
-John 8:1-5

What if the next line had been Jesus saying, "She should be stoned, as well as the adulterer"? What would have happened?

The accusers would have been happy about Jesus agreeing with Moses, but would have also been confused because he taught that harlots were entering the kingdom of God ahead of them. They knew that Jesus would want to give the woman opportunity to repent, which he did by the way, and by doing so would have been at odds with Moses.

You really are a special kind of stupid.

No that's you. Continually.

I know this you idiot. That's not the question. You claim He was doing this in opposition to the Law. I'm asking you what His reason for doing so would be if He were following the Law, apart from grace and mercy.

You say He could not do this in accordance with the Law, I'm saying He could and did. Do you know why I say that? Do you know why I disagree with you? Do you know why Jesus, specifically, could not condemn her in accordance with the Law?

There is no atonement for adultery under the law, so stop beating around the bush and show where there is grace and mercy under the law. You constantly keep blabbing nonsense.

We already established that, dunce.

So you enjoy wasting everyone's time.

MAD doesn't say He enforced it. He followed it. He was in no position to enforce it, as He was not in a position of recognized authority for such.

Well, after His ascension He did some enforcing. Why do you think Ananias and Sapphira died?

Do you not know the meaning of the word "enforce"?

Let's quickly clear up the fact that it was not the law condemning Ananias and Saphira. So this is irrelevant.

Jesus upheld the integrity of the law in order to make people realize how much they needed him. When we're talking about him enforcing the law, we're talking about him supporting the judicial aspect of the law.

If Jesus agreed with Moses concerning the law's prescribed punishment for sin, would he have expected the Jewish leaders to carry it out?
If God said, "put adulterers to death", would Jesus have expected the Israel's leaders to see it done?