ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's clearly taught by Paul

Then how did all of Christian history not see it?

I'm not the slightest bit obsessed about it.

You all are secretly obsessed with the 'secret rapture' :rolleyes:

You've shown NOTHING but your vague opinions about the ACTUAL scripture passage.

It's not opinion, it's plain truth which the rest of Christianity has held to since the beginning. You all revised that truth into some fantasy rapture nonsense.

Then look away.... from the truth. Oh wait... you're already doing that. Never mind.

You looked away when you submitted to your cult- the 'rapture' is central to MADism, the rest of it is simply trying to make it seem so in the Bible.

You all have no right to hijack Christianity with such absurdity.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That's right, *chuckle* at the fact that the 'rapture' was invented by Darby in the 1800's- a particularly bad era of heresy when Ellen White's and Joseph Smith's were going around declaring some new, extraordinary revelation :rolleyes:

SaulToPaul 2

That's right, *chuckle* at the fact that the 'rapture' was invented by Darby in the 1800's- a particularly bad era of heresy when Ellen White's and Joseph Smith's were going around declaring some new, extraordinary revelation :rolleyes:

:chuckle:

How do you know what was preached since the beginning?
By the mid first century, all had abandoned Paul's doctrine.

john w: "Teach us.....please?"

Right Divider

Body part
Your logic is fallacious.

You remind me of my RC mother-in-law. She says stuff like this about their doctrine: "How can it be false since so many priests believe it".

• Paul exposed it in 1st Thessalonians, so it's not much of a "secret"
  • You are obsessed with it, not me.
  • I don't call it "the rapture", I call it the catching up (like it is in God's Word).
It's not opinion, it's plain truth which the rest of Christianity has held to since the beginning. You all revised that truth into some fantasy rapture nonsense.
Most of Christianity believes tons of stuff that is not true and ignores or condemns much that is true. The majority has always opposed God, so I never feel bad about being in a minority that believes the truth.

You looked away when you submitted to your cult- the 'rapture' is central to MADism, the rest of it is simply trying to make it seem so in the Bible.
Nonsense. It is NOT a foundational doctrine at all.

You just keep on believing your fairy tale version of Christianity where all was perfection from the start.

2Tim 1:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

You're one of the MANY that have turned away and THAT started in the 1st century!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

You remind me of my RC mother-in-law. She says stuff like this about their doctrine: "How can it be false since so many priests believe it".

It's not a 'bunch of priests', it's the 'entirety of Christianity over the past 1500 years'.

The only thing fallacious is your supreme cognitive dissonance- it's the way the rapture is supported in MADism that condemns it. You all don't see that when you say it is so 'clear in scripture', you are really defeating yourselves. It would be more substantial if it were more cryptic.

Most of Christianity believes tons of stuff that is not true and ignores or condemns much that is true. The majority has always opposed God, so I never feel bad about being in a minority that believes the truth.

MADism grew slowly to 70 million, who are mostly American, over a long time. America has suffered historically with heresies, and MADism takes the cake.
To be frank, there's nothing more dreadful to the eyes and ears then to see such pompous people have the most convenient theology on the planet, and talk down on everyone in the past who gave their life to theology and truth.

You all have no right to hijack Christianity, and ought to be damned for it_

Right Divider

Body part
It's not a 'bunch of priests', it's the 'entirety of Christianity over the past 1500 years'.
It was just an EXAMPLE of fallacious logic LIKE yours, brainiac.

The only thing fallacious is your supreme cognitive dissonance- it's the way the rapture is supported in MADism that condemns it. You all don't see that when you say it is so 'clear in scripture', you are really defeating yourselves. It would be more substantial if it were more cryptic.
More false accusations based your over-inflated ego and bogus opinions. Thanks for nothing.

MADism grew slowly to 70 million, who are mostly American, over a long time. America has suffered historically with heresies, and MADism takes the cake.
To be frank, there's nothing more dreadful to the eyes and ears then to see such pompous people have the most convenient theology on the planet, and talk down on everyone in the past who gave their life to theology and truth.

Condemn me all that you want. You're just an opinionated babbler who can't handle the truth.

Danoh

• I don't call it "the rapture", I call it the catching up (like it is in God's Word).

You just keep on believing your fairy tale version of Christianity where all was perfection from the start.

(1:15) This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

You're one of the MANY that have turned away and THAT started in the 1st century!

Great post; RD :thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was just an EXAMPLE of fallacious logic LIKE yours, brainiac.

More false accusations based your over-inflated ego and bogus opinions. Thanks for nothing.

Condemn me all that you want. You're just an opinionated babbler who can't handle the truth.

Cruc seems to have a "Hatred" for the Grace Gospel and MAD. He's also not too crazy about the United States. I've seen his anti-U.S. sentiment displayed before on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

:nono:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Excellent post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

A myriad of Christians believes in the "Catching Up" of the "Children of God" before the "Great Tribulation" takes place. That cannot be dismissed as a bunch of delusional people. On the other hand, there are numerous people, no doubt, that don't believe in that doctrine. It's not a doctrine that has to do with our becoming a member of the Body of Christ, so, why are you making a federal case out of it?

I mean, nobody is calling you "Stupid" for not believing in it, so, perhaps you ought to reciprocate, in order to maintain civility?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A myriad of Christians believes in the "Catching Up" of the "Children of God" before the "Great Tribulation" takes place. That cannot be dismissed as a bunch of delusional people.

A myriad of American idiots.

Sorry to have to tell it, but I've never put much stock into a bunch of people sitting in a mega-dome church :rolleyes:

The fact that every odd decade or so, you have a bunch of them selling their stuff and gathering to be beamed up in the sky, it should hardly be surprising.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Madism teaches the same heresy from Darby as do the charismatics, concerning pre-trib rapture and Gods people being the Jews.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way, I happen to believe that there will be a "Catching Up" of the believers before God brings forth judgment. He brought Lot and his family out, He brought Noah and his family out, etc.

They all remained on earth, as do the saints in the resurrection in being on or thereabouts in the air.

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

LA