ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
What makes a person an adopted son?
through Christ

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he will save.
It's God's will that all men be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV).
Whom does Jesus save? Jesus saves those that obey him.
Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing the gospel are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and those who will before the Body is caught up will be too. Our salvation has nothing to do with what we DO (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame
What makes a person an adopted son?

I will tell you what does: Faith with obedience.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he will save.

Whom does Jesus save? Jesus saves those that obey him.

I do not sin. I have stumbled. I am working on not even stumbling. Do you keep living in sin? I answered your question, will you answer mine?”-poser “God’s Truth”

Lost, like Cousin It, candyandycain. Different cages-same dirty birds.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
"The dead still get raised today, but because of a lack of faith in this area, it's not as common as it should be."-andycain

You vile, hypocrite, and plagiarizer, fruitcake candyandycain.

See how that works, fraud?

The words of a perverter, child of the devil:

"We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation…"-candyandycain

“If a person renounces their faith in Christ and turns from God, then there will be no more fruit manifested because the Spirit will leave.” -andyc

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssss.............

john w

Hall of Fame
“How can you submit to the righteousness of God without repenting?If I do not change my sinful ways, I haven't submitted to God's righteousness….Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does…..Repentance in salvation is an initial turning from sin….If a person repents of their sin, then this is the proof that their faith was genuine…And if we genuinely do believe, we will repent (turn from sin)….. Repentance is simply to turn from sin.. Repent means to change/turn, and we have to turn from darkness, sin…We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation.. What will he think of people who refused to repent and turn from sin,…?... So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … then we have repented by turning to him. If we turn to him, we are automatically turning from our self (sin, repenting)…. So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … Repentance means to turn from sin, "-Opie candyandycain

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.................

We smell your sulfur, plagiarizing your father, the devil....Burn, scarecrow.....burn....

john w

Hall of Fame
Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him"-candyandycain, perverting the gospel of Christ, plagiarizing his father the devil, and other "Lordship 'Salvation'" perverters

God's Truth

I posed the question of what makes one an adopted son, and to that, you said this:

through Christ

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

This is what Jesus says about our becoming adopted:

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

A person can know that the devil is their father IF THEY DO THINGS the devil does.

John 8:38
I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father."

John 8:41
You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

See, the works we do show whom our father is.

Read this next scripture, in it Jesus tells us obedience is what makes a son.

John 8:55
Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

Acts 13:10
"You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

Listen carefully, here Jesus tells us plainly:

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

So you see, what we do determines our parentage.

If you do right, you will become an adopted child of God.

If you do not obey, you will stay a child whose father is the devil.

God's Truth

It's God's will that all men be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing the gospel are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and those who will before the Body is caught up will be too. Our salvation has nothing to do with what we DO (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

Jesus saves those that obey him.

We are saved when we are given the Holy Spirit that is when we are saved, after obeying.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Lord!

If you listen to Him and observe what He says, you are on the way to salvation.

blessings.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus is the Lord!

If you listen to Him and observe what He says, you are on the way to salvation.

blessings.

Translation of the above: I, mess-hack, am clueless as to why this "Jesus," I reference, in disrespect, died.

STP: "It's not that complicated."

Derf

You are dismissed, Sgt. Schultz-you are beginning to bore me.

Well, how about this.

In your OP, you seem to be focusing on the idea that people are saying that we need to "do" something to be saved. But there are very few examples of people coming to Christ in the bible where they didn't do something. For instance, the thief on the cross didn't JUST say "remember me", but he also rebuked his fellow thief with the words, "We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." In that episode, the thief rightly recognized his own faults, rightly confessed them, and rightly repented of them. Then he asked Jesus to "remember me when you come into your kingdom." (Luke 23:40-42).

Another example, Zacchaeus, when Jesus came to his house, acknowledged his need to follow the law by offering "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore [him] fourfold. [Luk 19:8-9 KJV]" Jesus' response? "Today salvation has come to your house".

Further, when Peter preached to the Jews at Pentecost, his command when asked by the people what they should do was "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [Act 2:38 KJV]"

And Paul, when he was heading to Jerusalem to be bound, as prophesied, reminded those from Ephesus, " 20 [And] how I kept back nothing that was profitable [unto you], but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. [Act 20:20-21 KJV]"

When Jesus preached in the countryside or in the city, his message was either "repent" or "repent and believe". The first was more common, and it was often coupled with "for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"

Repentance is almost exclusively the first thing people are supposed to do in receiving the gospel message. My question for you is: what is the difference between "repent" and "make Him Lord of your life"? After all, Adam and Eve were disobedient to God's one command in the garden. Jesus was completely committed to God's will--"not my will but yours"--in the other garden. What's the difference? Which had God as Lord and which did not?

That is not to say that "making Him Lord of your life" saves. What saves is the blood of Jesus. But the blood of Jesus is not enough to save, else everybody would be saved. The word we usually associate with that other necessary thing is "faith" or "belief". Belief in what?

• That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [Rom 10:9 KJV]
  • And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. [Act 16:31 KJV]
The addition of "Lord" is not superfluous, is it? To some it may be (Matt 7:21). But isn't that what Jesus requires (Lu 6:46) of us--not to just call Him "Lord", but to do what He says, which is the same as "making Him Lord", isn't it? It is a recognition of His position and submission to His lordship. We don't make Him Lord of all, but when we agree that we have sinned and repent, then we recognize Him as Lord; we submit to Him as Lord. And in that way, we do "make Him Lord of our lives".

This seems pretty important. It's why Jesus died. "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." [Rom 14:9 KJV]

I think you do injustice to the gospel of Christ when you complain about His servants that call people to make Jesus Lord of their lives. Does doing so save? No more so than repenting or believing in Jesus. But no less so, either. Can one repent without believing? Can one believe without making Him Lord? Is it really believing if you don't believe that He is Lord, meaning you are willing (though not necessarily able) to always do what He says to do?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus saves those that obey him.

We are saved when we are given the Holy Spirit that is when we are saved, after obeying.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
nope