ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

Nice rhetorical question. Revised to: "putting the horse before the cart."

Even the great, magnificent, feared by all, respected by most, brilliant, charismatic, dashing, ................... and humble saint John W, occasionally(my emphasis) makes mistakes.

My brilliance stuns me, at times.

The OP is correct now, but the "Revised to" above is the same as the original. No doubt a mental block.

It's a good thing our salvation doesn't depend on perfect sentence construction.

john w

Hall of Fame
The OP is correct now, but the "Revised to" above is the same as the original. No doubt a mental block.

It's a good thing our salvation doesn't depend on perfect sentence construction.

You are wrong, horse breath.

"Good thing" you are in the bleachers, booing the players, on the sidelines, sitting down,riding the pine, or in a fox hole, while the troops are at war. The bible is a rough book; war is rough.

Thanks for checkin' in....

Cross Reference

The sonship IS automatic; it is its' understanding of and walking and growing in that is NOT automatic, Rom. 5:1-2; Gal. 4:6; Rom. 12:1-2.

You can't stand it, can you? John 1:12 KJV you didn't address nor 1 John 2 Instead trying to go off in another direction. You are the pits.

Sonship is NOT an automatic except in the legal sense of being a child of the Roman or Jewish father of means by whom he was conceived but turned over to be tutored by a school master, possibly a slave owned by the father. It is the same in the spiritual sense of being born from above that, though a child of the father, it is by adoption one is brought into son-ship by the Holy Spirit. Jesus was no exception.

Danoh

No, no, and nope...

The adoption is in the sense of Bar Mitzvah: where a child is acknowledged by his father as "a son" "in whom" he is "well pleased..."

No longer a child, he is now a son.

You're confusing that with secular ideas, thus; your secular example.

In Scripture, the tutor was also of the people of God, Deut. 6:3; 2 Tim. 3:15.

Cross Reference

No, no, and nope...

The adoption is in the sense of Bar Mitzvah: where a child is acknowledged by his father as "a son" "in whom" he is "well pleased..."

No longer a child, he is now a son.

You're confusing that with secular ideas, thus; your secular example.

My reply, proves I am not confused! Next:

In Scripture, the tutor was also of the people of God, Deut. 6:3; 2 Tim. 3:15.

Nonsense! What people of God did Jesus learn from?

Cross Reference

"Have I ever been carried away to do something for God not because it was my duty, nor because it was useful, nor because there was anything in it at all beyond the fact that I love Him? Have I ever realized that I can bring to God things which are of value to Him, or am I mooning round the magnitude of His Redemption whilst there are any number of things I might be doing? Not Divine, colossal things which could be recorded as marvellous, but ordinary, simple human things which will give evidence to God that I am abandoned to Him? Have I ever produced in the heart of the Lord Jesus what Mary of Bethany produced?" . . Oswald Chambers

How can one do that if Jesus is not Lord in his life? . . .and if not Lord, what?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Have I ever been carried away to do something for God not because it was my duty, nor because it was useful, nor because there was anything in it at all beyond the fact that I love Him? Have I ever realized that I can bring to God things which are of value to Him, or am I mooning round the magnitude of His Redemption whilst there are any number of things I might be doing? Not Divine, colossal things which could be recorded as marvellous, but ordinary, simple human things which will give evidence to God that I am abandoned to Him? Have I ever produced in the heart of the Lord Jesus what Mary of Bethany produced?" . . Oswald Chambers
I don't particularly care for Oswald Chambers, I don't know him and I don't like ANY Oswalds
How can one do that if Jesus is not Lord in his life? . . .and if not Lord, what?

I don't particularly care for Oswald Chambers, I don't know him and I don't like ANY Oswalds

W
hat is the Church? When did it begin? The answer to the second question depends upon the answer to the first. Seven key passages in the New Testament describe the Church. They are the following: Ephesians 1.22-23; 2.11-22; 3.3-9; Colossians 1.24-27; 1 Corinthians 12.12-13;Galatians 3.26-28, and Romans 16.25-27. These passages provide the needed information to answer these questions.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
john w's opening post

Han Hexcellent post, I don't know what Lordship doctrine is but I will make a once one off remark. These doctrines with their terminology is Arminianism, it is what Free Grace believers [including the hated Clavinists] have opposed for centuries.

It is all the terminology of Freewill..."I accept, I decide" etc They do indeed put the cart before the horse but wuss than that they put man in control.