Lefties - Should We Declare War On Russia?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Many of you are determined to paint Putin and Russia as our "enemies" so that you'll have some traction in a trump impeachment bid.

Should we just declare war on Russia and let the ICBMs fly?

Perhaps we should just respond in kind. We remain the superpower in cyber warfare, if we choose to use it.

rexlunae

And who can be sure that all that you are saying was not 'discussed' between Trump and Putin?

I very much doubt it. And the fact that he had a secret meeting with Putin adds to that sense. He doesn't trust his own administration in the room with him. What could he have to talk so privately with Putin about?

I mean, our actual president had not even finished the press conference and he was already being accused of being a treasonous person.

He was accused of treason for what he said at the press conference.

I do not remember President Obama or Secretary of State Hillary Clinton not even finishing their press conference and being accused of being treasonous for 'talking' to Putin then. Did you?

Did you remember them betraying the country as Trump did? I don't.

I did not much care about politics then, but oh, man, oh, man, do I have to pay minute attention now to be able to harvest the truth.

Focus harder, I don't know.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
By the way, our NATO ally, the UK, has taken three chemical weapons attacks from (russia)...

ok, that's even more retarded, and does a disservice to the memories of those who have died in actual chemical weapons attacks, in syria, in iran, the kurds in iraq, in ww1 trench warfare

just like trying to redefine "war" and "enemy"

... the country that NATO was founded to protect against.

:doh:

you just went full retard

ClimateSanity

It would be redundant. We've been attacked. The only thing that prevents us from being in a de facto war is the fact that we aren't fighting back.

But what we should do is escalate our response until they back down, to include withdrawing from Ukraine, ceasing election meddling in democratic countries, and stopping the chemical weapons attacks in the UK. If that turns into a hot war, or a declared war, so-be-it, but I don't think that would be the first step.

I didn't realize Facebook political ads put out by Russian trolls was an act of war. Foreigners make political statements about our candidates constantly. It gets released on the nightly comedy/ news shows. Are we at war with all these countries?

Arthur Brain

Thanks for the input, but you're asleep.

By the way, our NATO ally, the UK, has taken three chemical weapons attacks from the country that NATO was founded to protect against. They would be entirely within their rights to invoke article 5. What stops them? Maybe the fact that they aren't sure what we would do if they did.

It seems apparent that okdoser isn't aware of "Novichok"...amongst other things...

:plain:

ok doser

I didn't realize Facebook political ads put out by Russian trolls was an act of war. Foreigners make political statements about our candidates constantly. It gets released on the nightly comedy/ news shows. Are we at war with all these countries?

you're expecting consistency and logical rational coherency from the left? :freak:

ok doser

Many of you are determined to paint Putin and Russia as our "enemies" so that you'll have some traction in a trump impeachment bid.

... the right is incapable of imagining anything short of nuclear war if Putin is held to account. :rotfl:

in what way could Putin be "held to account"?

and in what way would Putin and Russia be labelled our "enemies" without declaring war?

Foxfire

in what way could Putin be "held to account"?

and in what way would Putin and Russia be labelled our "enemies" without declaring war?

If Trump can't give that a GOOD answer to that very question, then he's to inept to be in the same room with Putin.

:mock: GREAT NEGOTIATOR! :think:

ok doser

If Trump can't give that a GOOD answer to that very question, then he's to inept to be in the same room with Putin.

:mock: GREAT NEGOTIATOR! :think:

i don't think you understand what this thread is about

perhaps you should go back and read the op again

here, i'll put it right in front of you:

ok doser

Trying to rig our presidential election to put a weak and incompetent Donald Trump in the WH would suffice.

not for the purposes of meeting the specific language of the Constitution wrt "treason"

barbie said:
We know that Putin did this...

no we don't

we might in the future after the investigations play out, but right now all we have are doubts and suspicions

barbie said:
... with the goal of undermining American confidence in our system of government.

that's pure speculation on your part

in the context of the OP, in the context of meeting the specific language of the Constitution regarding treason, we have to define Putin and Russia as the "enemy" and we have to be at "war" with russia

and we have to meet those terms in the traditional sense, in order for any impeachment to proceed

Last edited:

ok doser

if the following doesn't apply to you, don't respond :idunno:

me said: