ECT Kingdom Of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You keep running off on these tangents. The conversation has been on whether or not anyone recognized Jesus when they seen Him after His resurrection. I brought up the gardener to show that the woman didn't recognize Jesus.
Yes, but Jesus is not the gardener and she did recognize Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but Jesus is not the gardener and she did recognize Jesus.

I said
What is wrong with you? If she did recognize Him she wouldn't have thought He was the gardener.
John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
What is wrong with you? If she did recognize Him she wouldn't have thought He was the gardener.
John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)
I don't think she was thinking recognizing Him was even a possibility, but after thinking He might be the gardener she did recognize Him for who He was, Jesus risen from the dead.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't think she was thinking recognizing Him was even a possibility, but after thinking He might be the gardener she did recognize Him for who He was, Jesus risen from the dead.

I said
Why are you struggling so hard to put something in there that isn't in there.She didn't even recognize Him when He spoke to her.

ohn 20:15
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Why are you struggling so hard to put something in there that isn't in there.She didn't even recognize Him when He spoke to her.

(NKJ)
How did she know it was Jesus?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How did she know it was Jesus?

I said
She didn't that is what I have been telling you. Not until He called her by name in the next verse.

John 20:16
16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
She didn't that is what I have been telling you. Not until He called her by name in the next verse.

John 20:16
16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
(NKJ)
She recognized that it was Jesus here.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
She recognized that it was Jesus here.

I said
Only after He called her by name. Before that she didn't recognize His voice when He talked to her. And she didn't recognize His look.

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Only after He called her by name. Before that she didn't recognize His voice when He talked to her. And she didn't recognize His look.

(NKJ)
Why do you believe she saw Him and didn't recognize His look? I don't remember that part in what you just said.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why do you believe she saw Him and didn't recognize His look? I don't remember that part in what you just said.

I said
Because He was in a different body.

1 Cor 15:35-40
35 But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"
36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain-- perhaps wheat or some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fish, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Because He was in a different body.

1 Cor 15:35-40
35 But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"
36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain-- perhaps wheat or some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fish, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
(NKJ)
I believe it was the same body since He showed the wounds that He had received from the crucifixion.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures reveal that He showed the disciples His wounds.

I said
ok your not going to change your opinion, and I know I'm not. So we have rode this pony to death. Lets agree to disagree.

2 Tim 2:14-15
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
your not going to change your opinion, and I know I'm not. So we have rode this pony to death. Lets agree to disagree.

14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)
If my opinion agrees with scripture I am not going to change it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If my opinion agrees with scripture I am not going to change it.

I said
Well I hope you know its a sin to turn any conversation into an argument. And I don't like to argue.

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well I hope you know its a sin to turn any conversation into an argument. And I don't like to argue.

(NKJ)
Whether discussion (different from an argument) or conversation I don't think we are arguing if we are considering what the other person has to say and responding to the best of our ability. Ultimately we have scripture to teach us both.