ECT Kingdom Of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I haven't found one yet.
Let's start with the first time He was seen and recognized (was He recognized the first time He was seen). Can we discover an order of when and where He was seen and if He was recognized?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Let's start with the first time He was seen and recognized (was He recognized the first time He was seen). Can we discover an order of when and where He was seen and if He was recognized?

I said
I think this was the first time.

John 20:11-14
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I think this was the first time.

11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
(NKJ)
She believed Jesus was dead, but when she turned around she recognized it was Jesus Himself.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
(NKJ)

She believed Jesus was dead, but when she turned around she recognized it was Jesus Himself.

I said
She did not. Read this " and did not know that it was Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
(NKJ)

I said
She did not. Read this " and did not know that it was Jesus.
She knew someone was standing there, but didn't immediately know who it was.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
she didn't recognize Him according to appearance.
John 7:24
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
(NKJ)
Was it that she didn't recognize Him by voice because she knew He was dead? I don't think she was expecting a resurrection. Of course I don't know for sure.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Was it that she didn't recognize Him by voice because she knew He was dead? I don't think she was expecting a resurrection. Of course I don't know for sure.

I said
You keep getting off on tangents. No one has said anything about Him speaking. He didn't.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You keep getting off on tangents. No one has said anything about Him speaking. He didn't.
(NKJ)
John 20:15 NASB - Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 20:15 NASB - Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away."

I said
You just answered your own question. When she looked at Him.
"Supposing Him to be the gardener,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Was it when she looked at Him or after she heard what He said?

I said
She seen the two angels who talked to her. When she turned around she seen Jesus who did not speak to her. And she didn't recognize Him.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
She seen the two angels who talked to her. When she turned around she seen Jesus who did not speak to her. And she didn't recognize Him.
(NKJ)
It says she thought it was the gardener. And then she recognized Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It says she thought it was the gardener. And then she recognized Him.

I said
That is a different time.
John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is a different time.
John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)
That is simply the next verse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your starting to stumble in your words. The gardener was not the point. The point was she didn't recognize Jesus.
That's true, but you wanted to revisit referring to the gardener. The verse says she thought it was the gardener, not that it was. Then she knew it was Jesus. He rose from the dead. He had risen from the dead.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That's true, but you wanted to revisit referring to the gardener. The verse says she thought it was the gardener, not that it was. Then she knew it was Jesus. He rose from the dead. He had risen from the dead.

I said
You keep running off on these tangents. The conversation has been on whether or not anyone recognized Jesus when they seen Him after His resurrection. I brought up the gardener to show that the woman didn't recognize Jesus.