Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
just ask the kids
if
they think mommy and daddy should stay together
Who needs to ask the kids? Or, who in the world here is arguing that mothers and fathers belong apart, absent some act of cruelty or a present endangerment?

Are you suggesting that homosexuals would produce and then abandon children in great numbers? I don't see why you weren't taking on my end questions. They seem on point.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Who needs to ask the kids? Or, who in the world here is arguing that mothers and fathers belong apart, absent some act of cruelty or a present endangerment?

Are you suggesting that homosexuals would produce and then abandon children in great numbers? I don't see why you weren't taking on my end questions. They seem on point.

the kids want mommy and daddy to stay together
the state wants mommy and daddy to stay together
and
town is the only one who wants two guys to stay together

I don't even think the judges care

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the kids want mommy and daddy to stay together
Most. Not all. I've met a lot who didn't want that and with good reason, bless them.

the state wants mommy and daddy to stay together
Within the provisions of my caveat, of course.

and
town is the only one who wants two guys to stay together
Like suggesting that believing in free speech means you can't wait for a Klan rally.

You're quickly approaching aCW territory, or on par with discussing religion with Stuu.

:e4e:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Most. Not all. I've met a lot who didn't want that and with good reason, bless them.

Within the provisions of my caveat, of course.

Like suggesting that believing in free speech means you can't wait for a Klan rally.

You're quickly approaching aCW territory, or on par with discussing religion with Stuu.

:e4e:

what more can you do to protect two guys living together?

you do understand how many don't really care

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have no rights
Of course you don't. You're part of the persecuted majority.

I am just an old white male catholic republican
I think there's even a monument in Washington to the suffering and historic inequities faced by old white men in this country.

They call it Congress. :plain:

but
I do have principles that can be presented in plain english
By whom? :think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, just wait until it's your rights.

what about my right to live in and raise my children in a society that isn't saturated with perversion and immorality?

why are people like you only interested in protected the rights of the perverts and the immoral?

Caledvwlch

what about my right to live in and raise my children in a society that isn't saturated with perversion and immorality?

why are people like you only interested in protected the rights of the perverts and the immoral?

Why do you get to decide which of your fellow citizens are worthy of rights?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Of course you don't. You're part of the persecuted majority.

I think there's even a monument in Washington to the suffering and historic inequities faced by old white men in this country.

They call it Congress. :plain:

By whom? :think:

I know you have answered this before
and
I know it is not the topic of this thread
but
please take this opportunity to answer it again

what do you think the meaning or purpose of marriage is or should be?

thank you

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know you have answered this before
and
I know it is not the topic of this thread
but
please take this opportunity to answer it again

what do you think the meaning or purpose of marriage is or should be?

thank you

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage

Full Definition of MARRIAGE
a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>
b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock
c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
: an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

It doesn't mention anything about having children. Perhaps it is because it has NEVER been the sole purpose of marriage.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't have a right to the world you want. So I'm sorry, Amish man, but people are going to wear buttons and loud clothes and dance and drink and smoke. You don't have to be one of them and you are free to tell everyone what you think about their choices, but not to make those choices for them.

Why are you a fan of Adolph Hitler and line dancing? Same answer...unless, of course, you actually are. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Man, do I hope for your sake you aren't married. :plain: You think most people marry because they think they'll be less happy that way?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what he meant.

Although actually, since you went there, there's something called "unrealistic optimism." It's what often carries people through a decision to marry, and then life happens.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what he meant.
Well, he's a Chiefs' fan so there's reason to wonder if he can distinguish between pleasure and pain.

Although actually, since you went there, there's something called "unrealistic optimism." It's what often carries people through a decision to marry, and then life happens.
Maybe. I've been married for...eighteen years. Best decision I ever made. Happier about it today than I was when she walked across the green with a garland in her hair. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, he's a Chiefs' fan so there's reason to wonder if he can distinguish between pleasure and pain.

:plain:

Maybe. I've been married for...eighteen years. Best decision I ever made. Happier about it today than I was when she walked across the green with a garland in her hair. :)
I'm very happy for you. But you're also viewing marriage through the lens of your own experience. I could run what you're saying viewed through a social psychology lens if you'd like. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm very happy for you. But you're also viewing marriage through the lens of your own experience.
It's a great lens. :)

I could run what you're saying viewed through a social psychology lens if you'd like. :)
If you like. It won't alter the truth of the experience. There are three elements, I think, to a great marriage. Serious consideration entering into the estate, God, and the ability to laugh at yourself when it costs you something.

You get two people who match out on that and it's going to go well, even when it doesn't.