Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Actually, they're not "forcing it upon us." I was out and about most of the day today. Got the car serviced, went to the grocery store, gas station, bank and doctor's office. And like every day, there were no public/legal demands made on me by homosexuals.

The public demand is the issuance of and recognition of a marriage license. The moment that the homosexual steps out of his bedroom and gets State officials involved, it ceases to be a private matter.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
No, no...

They are forcing it on us, by simply having the right to walk about and hold down jobs instead of being incarcerated or stoned, beheaded, shot etc. Damn inconsiderate these fags are...

They should just lock themselves in a closet of their own accord!

I simply would like to point out that I didn't say, or even imply, any of these things. :idunno:

IMJerusha

Yet when it comes to legitimate moral doctrine, there are no similarities between a Christian woman denying a faux marriage license and a Muslim denying alcohol beverage service.

Yes, well the problem is that moral doctrine isn't what is governing our nation just now. It should be but....

When it comes to righteous government legislation, it appears that you do.

There's an enormous amount of difference between what we want our government to be and what it truly is. We have to work with what we have and work to change what we have to what we want.

It is, but that doesn't mean that there are any similarities between the two cases. The Muslim woman isn't dealing with an issue that according to Judeo/Christian doctrine (which our laws were based on) is inherently immoral.

I never stated that the Muslim woman was working from a Judeo/Christian perspective and regardless of what our laws are based on, we've strayed so far from that mark it's pathetic.

There was a case where a Muslim fast food worker refused to put bacon on a sandwich for a customer.

So?

Again, there are no similarities between food laws and the institution of marriage.

Don't state "again" as if I was making any comparison. My point is and has been that if the Muslim woman gains traction in a court of law as to her work performance holding with her religious belief, then the Kentucky Christian clerk should receive the same traction.

Written by Christian men with Judeo/Christian doctrine in mind.

The founders outlined religious freedom in the Constitution, not just Christian religious freedom.

TracerBullet

As are all legitimate organizations that help sexually and gender confused youth with their sexual and gender confusion.
except that there are no such legitimate organizations.

Since you're only against "quack therapy", that must mean that you're for the vast majority of other psychological and spiritual therapy for sexually confused youth, who without it very well might spend eternity in Hell (as well as having a very miserable life here on earth)?

Considering reparative therapy is conducted by perverts who verbally, physically and sexually abuse those children any child forced into that quackery is pretty much guaranteed to have a miserable life.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The public demand is the issuance of and recognition of a marriage license. The moment that the homosexual steps out of his bedroom and gets State officials involved, it ceases to be a private matter.

If Kim Davis had stepped aside, it would still be a private matter. It was she who made this the public spectacle that it became.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was a public matter when law intruded into that bedroom to begin with then...or, marriage is an inherently private matter that necessarily intersects with public policy.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If Kim Davis had stepped aside, it would still be a private matter. It was she who made this the public spectacle that it became.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't understand what I am saying.

How would you paraphrase the argument/statement that I've made?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The moment that the homosexual steps out of his bedroom and gets State officials involved, it ceases to be a private matter.

(Let's see if Trad will attempt to touch this one with the proverbial 10 ft pole).

Do you feel that way about incestuous, adulterous/polygamous and bestiality matters?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That literally only was true when there were anti-sodomy laws.
Which were undone how, again?

But you were approaching the subject as if homosexuals had insisted on pushing their sexuality and what followed upon a public square that had, as I noted, routinely made that sexuality, private or else, it's business.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't understand what I am saying.
I have a name for that sneaking suspicion. I've differed and agreed with anna for years and never had the least suspicion there was something anyone around here could say that would mystify her. Or are you suggesting that you're not putting your case clearly?

How would you paraphrase the argument/statement that I've made?
I can't speak for her, but my hope is that she'd do it with an outrageous French accent. :french:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Probably, formal cooperation in sin, or, if not, at the very least, immediate material cooperation in sin.
Then you need to move to the Holy See, because once you start talking about facilitation of moral choice as sin you're by and large up to your neck in it given your material participation in the Republic.

As to the rest of your post, I either have nothing really new to add, or else, it's just too tangential to the main point. The thread's not really about Hell. :idunno:
Could depend on your vantage. :eek:

quip

BANNED
Banned

In the same manner a local school tax is publicly demanded from a childless individual. Fundamental utilitarian concept. Society at large benefits from maintaining equality across the board...suspending personal interest/belief.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Which were undone how, again?

But you were approaching the subject as if homosexuals had insisted on pushing their sexuality and what followed upon a public square that had, as I noted, routinely made that sexuality, private or else, it's business.

If the State is involved, it's not a private matter. That applies equally to criminality and State endorsement. If the local police are busting down your door because they suspect that you are having sex with another man, your private business has stopped being private. It's now a public matter insofar as police are involved.

Likewise, if you are going to the court house and saying: "Hey, I need to fill out some paperwork so that the State can do so and so," then, once more, it's stopped being private. It's public.

If you really want privacy, that means "everyone else, stay out."

I have a name for that sneaking suspicion. I've differed and agreed with anna for years and never had the least suspicion there was something anyone around here could say that would mystify her. Or are you suggesting that you're not putting your case clearly?

That's a distinct possibility. Note, I'm not asking for a paraphrase in order to be condescending. There's a distinct possibility that either she hasn't understood, or else, that I haven't expressed myself clearly.

I can't speak for her, but my hope is that she'd do it with an outrageous French accent. :french:

Yes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In the same manner a local school tax is publicly forced upon a childless individual. Simple utilitarian concept. Society benefits from equality across the board...contrary to personal interest/belief.

There is no benefit to society in perversion.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
In the same manner a local school tax is publicly forced upon a childless individual.

I don't disagree with this point. I might not use the word "forced," but I don't disagree with the "publically" bit. That's exactly what I assert. It's not a private matter.