Keeping Racism Alive

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The conservative Christians in this thread continue to provide their critics with all the ammunition they need to denounce our faith - and who could blame them!

These self-righteous hatemongers will have alot of explaining as to why they turned so many away from the faith by providing such a false portrayal of Christianity - come Judgement Day!

bybee

The conservative Christians in this thread continue to provide their critics with all the ammunition they need to denounce our faith - and who could blame them!

These self-righteous hatemongers will have alot of explaining as to why they turned so many away from the faith by providing such a false portrayal of Christianity - come Judgement Day!

True! And we must include the hatemongers in the black community as well as the Islamic hatemongers. Their behavior gives me pause.

HisServant

I saw someone post this on another site I visit from time to time... and just about busted a gut laughing at it.

This 'Professor' had a couple of 3 year old parking tickets which she did not pay which resulted in the suspension of her license and warrant for her arrest. and she was stopped for speeding (67 in a 45). Then she complained that the arrest was racially motivated. Once a video of the arrest was released on line, she recanted and back stepped. Apparently, the Princeton Borough Council was so proud of how kind and considerate their police were during this arrest that they eventually bought lunch for the entire police department out of their own money!

vudukungfu: Perry, a professor of African American Studies, said in the letter that she never claimed that there was racial bias was at work in her particular arrest

Sweetheart, if you spend your lifetime espousing African American Studies, you are always making that link. I have yet to see anyone make a career out of any other ethnicity hyphenated with the Nation's nickname for one thing*. For the other, your profession is based solely on the perspective that you are of color. Your life is based upon that. You will never be free of that shading. You will always be in the shadow of color because you have chosen this. While other persons of color can go through life being that girl with the funny nose, or that guy with the lisp, or screwy Kelly, or Bald Pete, you will always be a black woman. Not because you were born one, but because you have made a living out of being one. There is no description of you that doesn't inherently begin with color. You'll never be that girl that likes motorcycles first. Not vegan Imani. Never Professor farty. Just that Black prof. And that mantle you have chosen. At least own up to it.

*Come to think of it, I have a pal that is a Native American for a living.

It's so true.

CherubRam

I did not think anything about it.

I do not believe in Evolution. God Evolved. Isaiah 43:10
“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.