Keeping Racism Alive

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The U.S. market for slaves could not exist prior to the existence of the U.S.

you weren't talking about the US market for slaves

you were talking about the market for slaves in america

which existed long before the us was formed

in areas that became modern day mexico, united states, canada, central america, south america...

Demand for slaves on this continent existed because of scumbag White folks who had no problem with owning, beating, abusing and killing other people for profit. If slavery were still legal today I assure you that there are many who would jump at the opportunity.

the fact that you believe this to be true speaks volumes about what a warped, twisted mess you are

So now an open question. If slavery was legal now, how many of you would like one?

well.....

raise your hand if you want to be my slave!

Spoiler
xmen_halle_berry_storm_comics_character_xmen_2000_1404x1881_wallpaper_Wallpaper_1600x1200_www.wallmay.net_.jpg

Who really cares what your opinion is? The only reason you're here is to agitate. :sozo2:

iow, you can't provide any cites to support your claim about "Black congressmen are treated like criminals during unnecessary police stops"

not surprised :idunno:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[From your article] The LAPD Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or C*R*A*S*H) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history...

Police lives matter (Ro 13:4).

See:

Fallen Officer Fund

logo.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
[From your article] The LAPD Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or C*R*A*S*H) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history...

Police lives matter

In a free society, no more than any other citizen's life. That's how it works. The third Reich? Stalin's Soviet Union? North Korea? Not so much. We honor them, just as we honor firemen or EMTs or civilians who give their lives saving others. That's important and just. But it doesn't mean that their lives are worth more than the life of someone else. In a free society, that is not possible.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
In a free society, no more than any other citizen's life. That's how it works. The third Reich? Stalin's Soviet Union? North Korea? Not so much. We honor them, just as we honor firemen or EMTs or civilians who give their lives saving others. That's important and just. But it doesn't mean that their lives are worth more than the life of someone else. In a free society, that is not possible.

Serpent retreat, in a flurry of lies:
You think the police are disreputable.

If your argument depends on a dishonesty, isn't that an important clue for you? If something has to be defended with a lie, it's not worth defending.

I do not.

If you had any respect for the police, you'd not be suggesting that they would even want their lives to be set above those of others. You don't care about them; you're just worshiping the state as your God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Police lives matter] "Serpent retreat."
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

"If your argument depends on a dishonesty..."
:yawn: Proof please. :peach:

If you believe police are honorable in general, say so.

"If you had any respect for the police, you'd not be suggesting that they would even want their lives to be set above those of others..."
:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway:

You do not believe police are quality professionals. I disagree with you. Ro 13:4

Blacks came from special monkeys--a little less special than white monkeys. :scripto: Police are corrupt. :scripto: Any other people group you have a problem with? Mothers of murdered children? :idunno:

See:

Barbarian

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If you believe police are honorable in general, say so.

Unless you can't read, you've seen numerous posts in which I said exactly that. It's how we know you're dishonest.

Barbarian observes:
If you had any respect for the police, you'd not be suggesting that they would even want their lives to be set above those of others. You don't care about them; you're just worshiping the state as your God.

You're projecting again.

No one cares about or believes your accusations.

(Serpent hisses another dishonesty)

You do not believe police are quality professionals.

And it wouldn't be a serpent post without a bit of racism:
Blacks came from special monkeys--a little less special than white monkeys.

So the creationists say.
Yet the prophecy again has its obverse side. Somehow they have only gone so far and no farther. The Japhethites and Semites have, sooner or later, taken over their territories, and their inventions, and then developed them and utilized them for their own enlargement. Often the Hamites, especially the Negroes, have become actual personal servants or even slaves to the others. Possessed of a genetic character concerned mainly with mundane matters, they have eventually been displaced by the intellectual and philosophical acumen of the Japhethites and the religious zeal of the Semites.
Institute for Creation Research Director, Henry Morris, explaining the supposed inferiority of blacks

But evolutionary theory shows that there are no biological races. Creationists blather about blacks being "monkeys", but it has no basis in reality.

Serpent tells us her opinion of police:
Police are corrupt.

So you say. But show us that even a large minority of them are corrupt. Let's see your evidence.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Police lives matter] "Unless you can't read..."
:yawn:

"...[W]e know you're dishonest."
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

"...You don't care about them [the police]..."
:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway: I you care about the police and appreciate their sacrifice, say so.
"...[Y]ou're just worshiping the state as your God."
"No one cares about or believes your accusations..."
:yawn: Then you find someone else to reply to (Mt 7:6).

"Serpent hisses another dishonesty..."
"And it wouldn't be a serpent post without a bit of racism..."
:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway:
"Creationists blather about blacks being "monkeys"..."
"Homo sapiens. A primate...People are animals...God rules out the creationist doctrine...ome apes are more special than others...(Barbarian)."

See:

The Barbarian

[Quotes me out of context, harassed grieving mother of murdered child] "Serpent tells us her opinion of police...'Police are corrupt'. So you say...."

SD: "Blacks came from special monkeys--a little less special than white monkeys. :scripto: Police are corrupt. :scripto: Any other people group you have a problem with? Mothers of murdered children? :idunno:

09e86949649u95u9uy49.jpg

:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway: You need to work for MethNBC. :freak:

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"But I suppose you are all too overwhelmed with the public affairs to care for science. I never knew the newspapers so profoundly interesting. N. America does not do England Justice: I have not seen or heard of a soul who is not with the North. Some few, & I am one, even and wish to God, though at the loss of millions of lives, that the North would proclaim a crusade against Slavery. In the long run, a million horrid deaths would be amply repaid in the cause of humanity. What wonderful times we live in. Massachusetts seems to show noble enthusiasm. Great God how I should like to see the greatest curse on Earth Slavery abolished. ― Charles Darwin to Asa Gray (June 5, 1861) The Correspondence of Charles Darwin Vol. 9 1861 (1994), p.163

Fitz-Roy's temper was a most unfortunate one. ...We had several quarrels; for when out of temper he was utterly unreasonable. For instance, early in the voyage at Bahia in Brazil he defended and praised slavery, which I abominated, and told me that he had just visited a great slave-owner, who had called up many of his slaves and asked them whether they were happy, and whether they wished to be free, and all answered "No." I then asked him, perhaps with a sneer, whether he thought that the answers of slaves in the presence of their master was worth anything. This made him excessively angry, and he said that as I doubted his word, we could not live any longer together. I thought that I should have been compelled to leave the ship; but as soon as the news spread, which it did quickly, as the captain sent for the first lieutenant to assuage his anger by abusing me, I was deeply gratified by receiving an invitation from all the gun-room officers to mess with them. But after a few hours Fitz-Roy showed his usual magnanimity by sending an officer to me with an apology and a request that I would continue to live with him. ―
Charles Darwin, Autobiography of Charles Darwin 1809-1882 (restored edition)(1958), Nora Barlow editor, pp. 73- 74

Opposed to Darwin was the creationist biologist Agassiz, who believed that blacks were not related to whites at all, but were created separately.

And from Henry Morris, director of the Institute for Creation Research:
Yet the prophecy again has its obverse side. Somehow they have only gone so far and no farther. The Japhethites and Semites have, sooner or later, taken over their territories, and their inventions, and then developed them and utilized them for their own enlargement. Often the Hamites, especially the Negroes, have become actual personal servants or even slaves to the others. Possessed of a genetic character concerned mainly with mundane matters, they have eventually been displaced by the intellectual and philosophical acumen of the Japhethites and the religious zeal of the Semites.
The Beginning Of the World, Second Edition (1991), pp. 147-148

Contrary to creationists and racists, evolutionary theory says there are no biological human races. Within any "race" creationists have imagined to exist, there is more variation than there is variation between those "races."

If a scientist uttered the sort of racist bilge that Morris wrote, his career would be over. It's very disturbing that Morris could write something like that and still have his job. Not that every creationist is a racist. But it's telling that no one of them made a serious effort to chastize Morris for that act.

It's no coincidence that creationism is strongest where segregation held on the longest.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Keeping Racism Alive

The Founding Fathers revolted against the British with alot less justification than the "blacks" would have to revolt against a "white" America.

From an anthropological perspective, race is a "cultural construct" - there is as much genetic variation within so-called races as there is between races.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's always that way when a color line gets broken. The next black person to be elected president will have it easier.

The kids who first went to integrated schools, the athletes who integrated professional sports, and all the rest. The pioneers got more than their share of abuse. To be fair, some of it is the fact that the ubiquity of cameras now makes it more visible to the rest of us. It was happening, but we didn't see it much.

Each step makes it better. The hate was always there; it was just hiding under the rocks. And now it's dying, which is why they are so frantic in their hatred.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's always that way when a color line gets broken. The next black person to be elected president will have it easier.

The kids who first went to integrated schools, the athletes who integrated professional sports, and all the rest. The pioneers got more than their share of abuse. To be fair, some of it is the fact that the ubiquity of cameras now makes it more visible to the rest of us. It was happening, but we didn't see it much.

Each step makes it better. The hate was always there; it was just hiding under the rocks. And now it's dying, which is why they are so frantic in their hatred.

i think we should have done what Spain and the rest of slave nations did. Free all slaves and pay restitution. we chose war - :patrol: